Review Good/Bad v GWS, Rd 12 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

He was referring to the numbers, our crowds are down this year which is a concern
Said it all along, the SMA are going to cook the golden goose.

That said, Thursday night's crowd should be a fair bit bigger.

Smithers. The coaches should play tape of his efforts to the squad on a weekly basis. The boy just gives a damn.

Made a couple of really important spoils on the wing. Completely stopped the Giants run.

Not used to seeing that from him.

File this under G:

eddie-20190608-gif.689086

eddie-20190608-b-gif.689087

... for Good
Loved the pile on after

Has that ever been an issue for us before?
Kinda.

We don't get that many opportunities but we had a similar crowd to the Easter Sunday game against them IIRC.

Last night was the most one sided crowd I've heard at one of our games, there wouldn't have been many more than 200 Giants fans.

Vic clubs get 4 figure numbers at least.

That PAFC_1870 knobhead was over on the main board game day thread yet again spewing forth all his bile about Tex.. cant beleive some posters here think he’s alright because he comes onto our adelaide board every now and then and says some nice constructive things... its all a ruse.
He trying to score some 'like's, maybe?

Crowds are down and the only real excuse is that people aren't wanting to come like they used to. The shine has well and truly worn off and now we're seeing the underlying supporter bases from both clubs.
For practically the same money that was spent on the stadium they could have built a stadium with a roof. Adelaide is one of the wettest cities in Australia during winter and it should have been factored in. Also if you rip people off (SMA) with food and drinks prices they are going to turn away. I also fear our style of football that Pyke is implementing is turning some away. He is turning to this Ross Lyon dour style due to our lack of pace through the midfield. Also, lastly the people running the game need to implement rule changes that will free up the game and force players to take the game on.

1. Any backward kick behind a teams 50m line is play on.
2. Minimum kick distance is increased from 15 to 25 metres.
3. Players decreased from 18 to 16 on field.
4. Team that is not last to touch the ball over the boundary line between the 50 metre arcs kicks it in.

(5) While we're at it I would change the rule that if a goal is touched by hand or post and still goes through the goals it is a goal. Would stop all this goal review **** which is tedious and boring.

1) yeah, good idea.
2) I'd settle for 20m., but 25m would rule out a lot of our little back-foot-drag dinky kicks that fluff and cause turnovers.
3) Nah, would increase player fatigue. Plus, 32 or 36 players forward of Centre? Little difference, still clogged.
4) Would create more I50s but is harsh penalty on offending side.
(5) Ball touched off the boot is 'play on' in field play, is important rule because the kick is not "clean". Ditto with ball touched off hands then goes out on the full = throw-in.
Hit post ==> point.
Touched off the boot or on goal line ==> point. They're not bad rules; what's bad is getting the review wrong when multiple angles are possible eg Richmond non-goal on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it all along, the SMA are going to cook the golden goose.

That said, Thursday night's crowd should be a fair bit bigger.
We didn’t even get 45K against Geelong on a warm Thursday night, last year we got 50k in winter.

Something is wrong, whether we are on the nose, footy is, novelties wearing off and cost, or a combination of all of these.

You must be Robinson Crusoe or at the very least Man Friday because you'd be just about the only person that didn't think ROB played an exceptional game last night and was a big part in a big win.

Grundy's agent.

For practically the same money that was spent on the stadium they could have built a stadium with a roof. Adelaide is one of the wettest cities in Australia during winter and it should have been factored in. Also if you rip people off (SMA) with food and drinks prices they are going to turn away. I also fear our style of football that Pyke is implementing is turning some away. He is turning to this Ross Lyon dour style due to our lack of pace through the midfield. Also, lastly the people running the game need to implement rule changes that will free up the game and force players to take the game on.
Losing games also impacts the crowd. When we were running hot in 2017 the crowds were always strong. This year no one can tell if we are going win or lose. Like I reckon most supporters didn't think we would beat the GWS. Now we have a solid win for the first time this season (except the Port game) I reckon most of us will give the Crows a real chance to win...the crowd numbers will rise this week.

We didn’t even get 45K against Geelong on a warm Thursday night, last year we got 50k in winter. Something is wrong, whether we are on the nose, footy is, novelties wearing off and cost, or a combination of all of these.
Yesterday --- long weekend factor, AND rip-off costs of food and drinks.
I got a large takeaway pack of about 20 meatballs in a tomato and onion sauce from Foodland yesterday --- delicious and $6.99 (marked down to $3.50, eat before 10th June). At the footy they would have been $2 each, minimum.
How much are they charging these days for a bucket of limp, soft, tepid chips, $4, $5, anybody?
Venue ROBBERY. :mad:

Along with the high-profile droppings this season, I'm getting the feeling a few "Man Conversations" have been had throughout the group.

Just noticing a few players changing the way they go about it slightly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back