List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not play safe and actually draft our own talent. So we had an idiot recruiter who ****** up drafting with high picks, so now we'll gamble the next few away on high risk options? Freeman was a bargain remember.
We should have plenty of $$$ to chase a FA and all we can do is have a crack.
Dont let your past Dictate your Future

Can’t you do both. Drafting one player isn’t going to do much.

Mikka wants to give up our first round pick and or Ross for an injured player yet to play a senior game. Fine, I'm wrong, do as you will. I'm starting to not care anyway. We tend to get it wrong anyway. I feel like the guy on the plane in the old Twilight Zone movie, I can see the stupid but no one else cares.

Mikka wants to give up our first round pick and or Ross for an injured player yet to play a senior game. Fine, I'm wrong, do as you will. I'm starting to not care anyway. We tend to get it wrong anyway. I feel like the guy on the plane in the old Twilight Zone movie, I can see the stupid but no one else cares.
You mikka myself and everyone else on here don’t have much of a role in recruiting so don’t lose heart we can’t stuff it up

Also have one pick before about the 50s because traded them away.
I actually reckon we have drafted OK the past few years, but they will take time.

So we either keep drafting and become 5he new Melbourne or we have faith in the kids and look to complement them with players who have a few years in the system.

They are out of our league. We should be targeting the Daisy Thomas’s, Todd Goldstein’s & Hannah Mouncey’s. We need to stay in our lane.
Still think Goldy would be good, list looks better with Goldy and no Longer or Pierce
Sier would be great just dont see Pies letting him go, he is to good
Coniglio I hope we offer him stupid money,

Still think Goldy would be good, list looks better with Goldy and no Longer or Pierce
Sier would be great just dont see Pies letting him go, he is to good
Coniglio I hope we offer him stupid money,

List looks better. 22 doesn’t alter unless we get injuries. Surely we need to improve the top 10 or 15

Hey hey, I’m right here.. I can see what you type man.
Our pick ( 6 ) & Ross/Acres for Caldwell, pick 11 in an extremely good draft and rated top 5 by some, and pick 16ish. Balances. Don’t twist a hamstring when he was 17 and a groin injury after his first pre season into something it’s not.

At least it’s doing something Gringo. We have a list full of mediocre players. We need to turn them into A graders or die trying.

I actually reckon we have drafted OK the past few years, but they will take time.

So we either keep drafting and become 5he new Melbourne or we have faith in the kids and look to complement them with players who have a few years in the system.

Why does drafting well do that? Melbourne ****ed drafting up then turned it around. Carlton tried to get Daisy and GWS players and floundered, started hitting the draft and are now getting guns.

I like Caldwell but giving up our first rounder or Ross is crazy talk for an untried injured player.

Our pick ( 6 ) & Ross/Acres for Caldwell, pick 11 in an extremely good draft and rated top 5 by some, and pick 16ish. Balances. Don’t twist a hamstring when he was 17 and a groin injury after his first pre season into something it’s not.

At least it’s doing something Gringo. We have a list full of mediocre players. We need to turn them into A graders or die trying.
This imo is why I can see someone like Bruce - Arces (Acres)- Dunstan being traded out to get some decent picks or someone like Ed Langdon maybe Will Brodie our list needs to be improved big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have great hopes for Bytel... but i still remember having great hopes for Freeman, ...and Ledger.

To me Clark is another versatile inside/outside player, more a NickDal Santo than a Lenny Hayes. Maybe a better version of Seb Ross, still a class above most of our players, but not a midfield bull.
I think people look at Clark and see he has nice balance and a good kick and just think of him as an outside type.

He played his best footy as an inside mid in the under 18's. He doesn't quite have the body for it yet, but that will come. Once he moved into the midfield in the TAC cup, half of his possessions he averaged were contested, which is a huge number.

I think people look at Clark and see he has nice balance and a good kick and just think of him as an outside type.

He played his best footy as an inside mid in the under 18's. He doesn't quite have the body for it yet, but that will come. Once he moved into the midfield in the TAC cup, half of his possessions he averaged were contested, which is a huge number.

I see him as an inside gun. Some of the cleanest hands I've seen on a kid his age. He will have the ability to hurt on the outside but it'll be in congestion that his true worth will be proven

I see him as an inside gun. Some of the cleanest hands I've seen on a kid his age. He will have the ability to hurt on the outside but it'll be in congestion that his true worth will be proven
Agree 100%

His body will grow, only thing he really needs to work on us cleaning up his kicking when he's in congestion. Beautiful kick out in space so there is no reason why he can't.

Would rather we looked at drafting our own, no one good is coming until we make ourselves attractive. We moved on players for picks and don't have anything to show for any of it. We traded out Mc Evoy and Stanley and paid up big for Hickey and Longer. I have no faith in our doing something.

Would rather we looked at drafting our own, no one good is coming until we make ourselves attractive. We moved on players for picks and don't have anything to show for any of it. We traded out Mc Evoy and Stanley and paid up big for Hickey and Longer. I have no faith in our doing something.
Mate, we have King. Every single AFL player is trying to come over just be seen with the great man. It’s juat a matter of filtering who we want.

This imo is why I can see someone like Bruce - Arces (Acres)- Dunstan being traded out to get some decent picks or someone like Ed Langdon maybe Will Brodie our list needs to be improved big time.

Langdon is the same age as Blake, plays on ball and has similar stats, he's not a gun he's okay. Brodie can't get a game at one of histories worst sides. Dunny, Bruce and Blake are okay soldiers, they are some of our few experienced players, swapping battlers for more middlers or struggling kids isn't my idea of good management.

None too subtle attempt to lay some groundwork for you next round of tirades against the club if we don't trade in a gun...
More proving a point why we didn't get em last time. Had nothing to do with the supposed increase to the cap. Nor the list management.

Don't play finals. You don't get players interested in you.

Mate, we have King. Every single AFL player is trying to come over just be seen with the great man. It’s juat a matter of filtering who we want.

Sounds good, now go to the draft and get more like him that make players want to come.

We've got more chance of getting a younger player than established star so I'd prefer offering huge overs to someone like Sier rather than pinning our hopes on some fanciful plan to entice Coniglio.

We have no picks this year and Cogs just cost cap space. Collingwood want overs for everything. Would cost a future pick and possibly our first which could be a top 4 pick, Rather go to the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back