List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would see some fringe players go.

Ok after several triple burbons I have the deal of the century all sorted people!

Cogs comes as a free agent, GWS get a lousy pick 17 straight after their 16. GWS also hold Essendons 1st lets say pick 8. GWS has an academy kid in Green who could go top 5 so trading pick 8 is in play.

We trade our first say 17/18 plus the Swans 2019 2nd say 25 plus our 2019 2nd for pick 8.

So GWS lose pick 8 (1551 points) for Eagles picks 18 + 25 + 36 ( 985 + 756 + 502 = 2243 points) Thats overs but that to sweeten the Cogs as a rfa deal.

We then trade 8 plus our 2020 1st for Kelly plus maybe the Cats 2020 3rd.

GWS end up gaining picks ,17,18,25 and 36. Lose pick 8 and Cogs as a rfa.

Geelong get 8 plus 2020 1st lose Kelly maybe a 2020 3rd.

Eagles end up with Cogs and Kelly maybe a 3rd 2020.

Eagles lose 2019 picks 18, 25, 36 plus their 2020 1st.
you should be attached to a bourbon drip-feed!

So we give to two first round picks and two second round picks for Kelly and a free agent. Righto.

Sounds silly until you factor in the acadamy issue affecting pick 8 and the extra 1st GWS get as a compo pick. We help GWS get better value out of pick 8, they get a top 5 talent with pick 16 and the AFL throws in pick 17 as a compo pick.

On points value pick 8 turns into pick 3.and they get an extra 1st plus a top 5 player for pick 16.

GWS need to get some compo for not matching our bid.

Gold Coast keen on Stephen Hill as a free agent ,.....$2 m over three years .
Gold Coast monitoring Hills return from the quad injury but like Hill as an experienced player and good example for GC .

There's Freo's chance to secure Kelly which is probably good for us .

Cogs doesn't come free, RFA so GWS will match any offer. We need to trade.
Which rules out the rest of your scenario :)

Cogs isnt coming for 'free'. Thats why we pay overs trading for pick 8 and also assist GWS move down the draft order to land a top 5 talent using pick 16, not wasting pick 8.

By helping GWS in other areas they agree to not bid and get another 1st as compo for losing a rfa.

The other factor is Cogs himself. If he wants to move as a rfa I feel there is a heap of respect between him and the club, they wont block him. If GWS see the Eagles willing to soften the loss by helping in other areas they will come to the party. Look at the other players they have let go for unders.

Gold Coast monitoring Hills return from the quad injury but like Hill as an experienced player and good example for GC .

Think GC are wasting their time and $$$$ with Hill.

Too old and now too injury prone.

Think GC are wasting their time and $$$$ with Hill.

Too old and now too injury prone.

Same age as NicNat , sounds Hill will be a bit of a mentor at GC and they would hope play 40 or so games in three years .

Fremantle would counter offer but not at 650k a season . GC also inquired on B Hill but not interested .

Won’t happen.

Brad moved here to play with his brother. Can’t see Stephen leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish the AFL had guys like Stephen A Smith talking about football rather than these duds in the media... Imagine Stephen A Smith reacting to these rumours: "Max, i Tim Kelly like a brother, i know his folks, great young kid from a great family..People close to him have told me he wants out and he wants to go the eagles... this man is a bad man.."

Instead we have bums who are so cringeworth smh

I would prefere just to land coniglio ourselves and leave geelong to deal with freo for kelly
Geelong: "We will give you Kelly for Coniglio"
West Coast: "We don't have him. He's not ours to trade."
Geelong: "Then get him for us! We want two Coniglios!"
West Coast: "I think he said he didn't want to go to Geelong?"
Geelong: "Ridiculous. Kelly for two Coniglios and your first round pick this year. You owe it to Kelly. You overlooked him in like 4 drafts."

Then a subsequent article in the Advertiser accusing West Coast of not trading in good faith.

And also every team has to use a certain percentage of the salary cap each year.so youd have to have a few retirees and/or some manipulation of salaries(backended/frontended ) to make a huge difference

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
92.5% IIIRC, Thus I don't get it. Freo's war chest is as big of a myth as Norths!

92.5% IIIRC, Thus I don't get it. Freo's war chest is as big of a myth as Norths!
It possibly is but I doubt there are many clubs overpaying players just to get to the salary floor. Surely they would just look at players they want to keep long term and paying them upfront.

It possibly is but I doubt there are many clubs overpaying players just to get to the salary floor. Surely they would just look at players they want to keep long term and paying them upfront.
If Imagine clubs would move salary forward if they weren't paying the full cap to ensure more money later on. Also isn't it an average of 92.5% over a rolling 3-5 years?

That's when you front/back end contracts. It's a delicate balancing act. A club like Carlton would be paying a lot of players on 'potential' at the moment as will the Gold Coast. It's a dangerous games though.

I thought I heard a rumour that Neale's contract was heavily front loaded and he was now at the low end of his contract which helped prompt the move to Brisbane. That's a key risk in the AFL, particularly as the players hold so much more power than the clubs, even when they're in contract.

I wish the AFL had guys like Stephen A Smith talking about football rather than these duds in the media... Imagine Stephen A Smith reacting to these rumours: "Max, i Tim Kelly like a brother, i know his folks, great young kid from a great family..People close to him have told me he wants out and he wants to go the eagles... this man is a bad man.."

Instead we have bums who are so cringeworth smh

You want people yelling the same opinions at the top of their lungs 5 mornings a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back