Preview Changes: R16 2019 vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not defending Douglas I said drop him, problem is the cupboard is bare although I personally think Wilson and Stengle deserve a crack, the rest we have seen and they aren't ready
The cupboard is hardly bare like last year...as our sanfl team is winning/top of the ladder & we don't have many injuries.

The cupboard is hardly bare like last year...as our sanfl team is winning/top of the ladder & we don't have many injuries.

SANFL performance isn't the be all and end all ask Grigg

The problem we have is players like Jones has had a crack and isn't quite ready for the big league as the results have shown and probably Fog and even EH

Im a little puzzled why Wilson or Stengle aren't given a run and maybe Pohlkoke deserves 4 or 5 games like Jones had

The problem we have is players like Jones has had a crack and isn't quite ready for the big league as the results have shown and probably Fog and even EH

Im a little puzzled why Wilson or Stengle aren't given a run and maybe Pohlkoke deserves 4 or 5 games like Jones had
Your brain is all over the place...

Let’s just consider that this may be the last Showdowns, Douglas and Mackay get.

Over the next 4 weeks we have Gold Coast, Essendon, Carlton and St Kilda. If Douglas and Mackay stink it up tomorrow, there is no coming back for them, game over for them.

Oh and I look forward to seeing who Douglas runs into that will cost us a goal (probably not the match but who knows).

If Douglas and Mackay stink it up tomorrow, they get retained for Gold Coast, Essendon, Carlton and St Kilda to beat up on some crappy teams to justify their selections for finals.

If Douglas and Mackay stink it up tomorrow, they get retained for Gold Coast, Essendon, Carlton and St Kilda to beat up on some crappy teams to justify their selections for finals.
We really need to start bring in some of the new young guys ASAP . Douglas and Mackay can not play those matches regardless.

So a bit of catching up to do since yesterday...

I see there was a 2 for 1 deal on potatoes.

I am literally so disgusted that Douglas didn't get dropped for his effort last week that I struggle to care.

We're obviously not in this comp to win. To win it you need to be uncompromising. Yet the definition of the crows is compromising.

We always think we can carry one or two nice blokes. Carry them to a milestone. Gift them an appearance in a final. Give them a game when they're feeling down.

This is why, although we are consistently good, we are never good enough to reach the pinnacle.

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, yet our culture compels us to consistently carry weak links.

It might not hurt us this week (probably will), but it will 100% hurt us down the line.

So a bit of catching up to do since yesterday...

I see there was a 2 for 1 deal on potatoes.

I am literally so disgusted that Douglas didn't get dropped for his effort last week that I struggle to care.

We're obviously not in this comp to win. To win it you need to be uncompromising. Yet the definition of the crows is compromising.

We always think we can carry one or two nice blokes. Carry them to a milestone. Gift them an appearance in a final. Give them a game when they're feeling down.

This is why, although we are consistently good, we are never good enough to reach the pinnacle.

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, yet our culture compels us to consistently carry weak links.

It might not hurt us this week (probably will), but it will 100% hurt us down the line.
You must hate pyke

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if JJ and Tex stink it up
Then we likely lose. Tex and Jenkins, despite their detractors, are match winners. We lose an enormous amount not having them in the side due to the fact that we don’t have anyone who comes close to producing what they are capable of. This is simply not true of thirty something old Douglas and Mackay.

I’m not so phased about Mackay coming in, his form earlier this year was pretty decent. Would prefer a young guy, but whatever. But the continual selection of Douglas is mind boggling. This may have been pointed out earlier, but fun fact: Douglas has scored one goal as a half forward from his last ten games. In that time he has averaged a single centre clearance a game for those wanting to okay the “he rotates through the middle” card. His disposal efficiency and turnover rate is appalling, considering the fact that most of his disposals are uncontested. He has been terrible and is an absolute liability...

...but am now well prepared for him to kick three in a match winning performance tomorrow... I hope. I really do. It just seems unlikely given his form and age.

Then we likely lose. Tex and Jenkins, despite their detractors, are match winners. We lose an enormous amount not having them in the side due to the fact that we don’t have anyone who comes close to producing what they are capable of. This is simply not true of thirty something old Douglas and Mackay.

I’m not so phased about Mackay coming in, his form earlier this year was pretty decent. Would prefer a young guy, but whatever. But the continual selection of Douglas is mind boggling. This may have been pointed out earlier, but fun fact: Douglas has scored one goal as a half forward from his last ten games. In that time he has averaged a single centre clearance a game for those wanting to okay the “he rotates through the middle” card. His disposal efficiency and turnover rate is appalling, considering the fact that most of his disposals are uncontested. He has been terrible and is an absolute liability...

...but am now well prepared for him to kick three in a match winning performance tomorrow... I hope. I really do. It just seems unlikely given his form and age.
I totally agree on tex and JJ they need to be in form for us to have any chance of a flag

Mackay I agree has had a good year is the hardest two way runner we have and certainly doesn't mind putting his body on the line

Douglas also agree on I would try stengle he has kicked a lot of goals in the twos but I guess pyke has his reasons and is backing Douglas to find his form

Jones has played to an equal if not higher standard than what Douglas has shown this year and most of last. Poholke hasnt been any worse than Douglas, and EH has done his bit more often than not.

The issue is, we dont seem to give these guys a go, Wilson has destroyed the SANFL for the past 2 years and cant get a look in

Marty expects kids to come in and dominate the AFL, not realising that most of them will gradually build into AFL level players.

Given then a game, dropping them, another game, dropping them - none of this is going to assist their development and speed up their progression into quality AFL players.

Sounds like Kern is trying to divert attention from himself and his poor coaching. We've heard it all before Kern. maybe concentrate on coaching rather than what the opposition's marketing team has been doing for the last 20+ years

I support Glenelg in the SANFL

And theres the problem with us having our reserves in the SANFl.. It drives me crazy that people who call themselves crows supporters dont support the team in the SANFL. I love the Norwood footy club. Been a supporter of them since the late eighties when Dad started taking me. But my passion is the Crows. For us to do well in the AFL we need all our players SANFL and AFL playing well. With that hopefully comes wins int both comps and maybe even a premiership in both. I want see this year in the SANFL finals AO packed out filled with red, Blue and yellow. Not like 2016 when hardly anyone went. Cmon guys lets support the whole club and start getting to the SANFL matches.

Sounds like Kern is trying to divert attention from himself and his poor coaching. We've heard it all before Kern. maybe concentrate on coaching rather than what the opposition's marketing team has been doing for the last 20+ years

Nah, good on him for building the atmosphere around the match.

Who was it that said 'we're a performance driven organisation'...ok stats aren't everything, but still:

Rd 11:
David Mackay:
19 disposals, five tackles, four clearances, three inside 50s, one goal
Patrick Wilson: 24 disposals, 22 tackles, eight marks, four clearances, four inside 50s

Rd 10:
Patrick Wilson:
28 disposals, 10 marks, six inside 50s, five clearances, four tackles

Rd 9:
Patrick Wilson:
28 disposals, eight clearances, eight marks, four tackles, three inside 50s

"He tries really hard."

That should not be the justification for selection; especially for 200+ game player.
I said question his endeavor -
In other words he gives it all he’s got.

I find that a very good reason for selection

And theres the problem with us having our reserves in the SANFl.. It drives me crazy that people who call themselves crows supporters dont support the team in the SANFL. I love the Norwood footy club. Been a supporter of them since the late eighties when Dad started taking me. But my passion is the Crows. For us to do well in the AFL we need all our players SANFL and AFL playing well. With that hopefully comes wins int both comps and maybe even a premiership in both. I want see this year in the SANFL finals AO packed out filled with red, Blue and yellow. Not like 2016 when hardly anyone went. Cmon guys lets support the whole club and start getting to the SANFL matches.

Sorry Im not a flip flop

Elite Crow Norwood will always be your 1st team in the SANFL wouldn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back