Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he says that Teague is an "arsehole" or a "dumb bastard " that's overstepping the line.
If he gives his opinion that he has "no chance" that's and opinion and that's acceptable.

Ridiculous that you are taking it personally on his behalf.
Bored are you ,

Would you prefer an experienced coach?

I’m on the fence. It seems the safe option but I have concerns on Scott & Rats.

Scott - look at North’s performance since he left.

Rats - look at our transition & fwd line since he became line coach.

Voss the other option. Port are inconsistent but are performing okay. But we’ve been burnt by a Hinkley assistant in the past...

I just hope we go through a proper process.
You'd think we would undertake a thorough process but it is St.Kilda we are talking about here.

I really don't have a preference regarding age but you'd hope they have considerable experience and have the capacity to sell the panel a future. It is then the panel's job to scrutinise this thoroughly. At the end of the process we put the names in a hat, draw one out then go to the pub.

Roo has a role at the club - the board and higher ups get his view on things from an "outsiders" perspective. I really urge anyone who wants to know what's going on at the club to listen to him.

He said something really interesting last night on Fox Footy, and it should calm the nerves of those thinking Scott will be hired because of his friendship with Lethlean. He said basically that Bassat is a very smart man with a lot of integrity and that Riewoldt would be disappointed if Scott came to us BECAUSE of the friendship. Meaning obviously that he can still come to St.Kilda but Riewoldt expected the process to be done thoroughly and properly based on his experiences with the President.

Filled me with a lot of added faith/confidence that we will do the right thing here regardless. I knew Scott wouldn't be hired because of their friendship and hopefully this puts it to bed.

Roo has a role at the club - the board and higher ups get his view on things from an "outsiders" perspective. I really urge anyone who wants to know what's going on at the club to listen to him.

He said something really interesting last night on Fox Footy, and it should calm the nerves of those thinking Scott will be hired because of his friendship with Lethlean. He said basically that Bassat is a very smart man with a lot of integrity and that Riewoldt would be disappointed if Scott came to us BECAUSE of the friendship. Meaning obviously that he can still come to St.Kilda but Riewoldt expected the process to be done thoroughly and properly based on his experiences with the President.

Filled me with a lot of added faith/confidence that we will do the right thing here regardless. I knew Scott wouldn't be hired because of their friendship and hopefully this puts it to bed.

After analysing Roo’s comments from last night I’m of the belief he has an agenda against Scott becoming coach.

Scott has an in principle agreement from Lethlean that the job is his if he wants it.

What we are now witnessing is a power struggle between Roo & Lethlean.

Or, Roo via the media is keeping Lethlean honest by ensuring if he wants his mate to have the job he better run a legit process.

After analysing Roo’s comments from last night I’m of the belief he has an agenda against Scott becoming coach.

Scott has an in principle agreement from Lethlean that the job is his if he wants it.

Or, Roo via the media is keeping Lethlean honest by ensuring if he wants his mate to have the job he better run a legit process.
He has an in principle agreement? Really

I think the difference is Roo actually loves the club. Lethlean wants the club to be successful and will do the right thing for the club but I don't think he has the emotional investment in it that Riewoldt does and fair enough too.

I've said all along that I would prefer an untried coach over any tried coach (except Clarkson). I've said that I think Scott won't take us to a premiership but I can accept the decision if he comes in for a couple of years ala Roos and then have an untried coach take over from there. I really just echo Riewoldt's comments. It's fine if Scott becomes our coach but not at the expense of a thorough and diligent process.

So we can announce Brad Scott as the new coach coach of St. Kilda. Remember, St. Kilda is the "bizarro world" of the AFL.

All we need now to complete this clusterfark of a situation is a good old fashioned Saints' style power struggle between Satan and Roo. Good grief!

So we can announce Brad Scott as the new coach coach of St. Kilda. Remember, St. Kilda is the "bizarro world" of the AFL. All we need now to complete clusterfark of a situation is a good old fashioned Saints' style power struggle between Satan and Roo. Good grief!
So who holds Roo to account?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Riewoldt is brilliant to listen to . Wise head

Who holds anyone to account at RSEA Park? Who has held the coach and the and the CEO accountable for this debacle?
Yes I get that.

The argument that just because Harvey was a champion doesn't automatically make him a great coach, should also apply to Roo.

No one should be above accountability IMO.

Who holds anyone to account at RSEA Park? Who has held the coach and the and the CEO accountable for this debacle?
The board do and that’s why the coach is certain to go. We can keep looking to blame everything or we can get in with a new beginning. I’m going the second option. People are still blaming Welles icke. Not sure I see the point.

Captained arguably our most successful era. Worked for RTB, GT, played with Lenny, BJ, Harves, Hammil...I reckon he’s qualified to have some authority on the subject of coaching. Also reckon if you don’t believe that then it ain’t nuttin but tall poppy syndrome, people just want to take the legend down. SMH.

So Richo over achieved after 6 years not making finals (4 years not even close), yet Scott under achieved after making 4 years finals (2 prelims from 6th and 8th spot, a bloody hard thing to do by the way).. he started coaching when North finished 13th when AFL only had 16 teams, that means their list was bottom 4 too? how many stars did north have during this time? I can only remember Brett Harvey, Goldstein, and probably Ziebell; Higgins; Cunningham.. anyone else?

Tarrant, Scott Thompson, Andrew Swallow, Dal Santo, Petrie, Lindsay Thomas, Jarrad Waite, Hansen etc.

No sorry, just a continuation of how I interpreted Roo’s comments from last night. I’m not/never ITK. Just sharing my opinion .
Neither am I but if you pretend for long enough some people believe you. Actually a lot do with some posters. Not me they know 90% of my posts are sarcasm and 21% are about eating dim sims

I’m not against Caracalla, Burns or Nicks if the club feels Rats or Scott aren’t the right direction. If we appointed anyone of those 5, I’m happy. Fresh start at the top is the key. Our biggest problem is rejuvenating this list. We simply have to be bold and brave over the next two trade or draft periods.

Looking at a Port for example, those new kids have completely changed their list. But they could only do it with the senior guys above them. We’re in a predicament. We need better senior players in the midfield, but also more youth coming on. King & Bytel hold the key to next year. If they come on, it’s a pretty picture. I’m not even thinking if they don’t.

Port had a good list already and got rid of one GOP and one above average player and arsed the draft. They still have a very solid core, we lose out GOPs and we are a bunch of s**t kids we will lose every game. We have run our list into the ground and now want to replicate something we can't. We have ordinary older players and youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back