Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the remarkable number of bipolar teams out there this year, you'd love to be a sports psychologist in this environment. Should be plenty of job opportunities next year!

I like the Dogs but even in their current form find it very hard to see them overcoming West Coast, Richmond, Geelong or Brisbane.

LOL no they won't.

You do realise our midfield smashed the Eagles in clearances as well, and we won by 40+ points?

Adelaide will lose every single game from here. They've always matched up well with the Eagles and have won against them in Perth quite a few times, because they play the exact same style.

Collingwood get De Goey back next week.

Grundy, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Treloar, Adams and De Goey vs Adelaide's plodder midfield. Even two undeserved extra wins against St Kilda and Gold Coast won't be enough to get them in the eight.

We are in the position now where we control our destiny and i reckon the Crows will win next week but have more chance of losing the following.

Controlling our destiny now makes me worried if the past 12 months is anything to go by - will be the real test this week.

If we get over North well we will kill Freo here’s the week after.

This weeks game is a big mental hurdle.

My fear is Hinkley rushes back in Motlop, we don’t need his misdirected kick turnovers.

Big week coming up.

Wouldn't want Bulldogs in finals. AFL will seize the opportunity to prove the fairytale wasn't a fluke or manufactured, by helping them out to another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s us this year isn’t???

Like how there is an article in Adelaide Now about Port rocketing into the 8!

Oh wait, it’s about trucks moving sand..... then down the page a little article their beloved boys being ‘brave’....

If the Crows has one it would be the headline article.

Makes me realize how the media controls what the punters read.... meanwhile ‘you keyboard warriors’

Looking back at the Crows yesterday, it seems that they once again simply failed to finish off a game efficiently. This is a problem that has affected them all year, and I personally think it's one of the biggest issues with them that will prevent them from making a strong statement in the finals. I actually don't think they're very far off, and we ourselves also have some issues we need to address before the finals, but finals football is about bringing out the best football that your club is capable of, and our ceiling is definitely higher than Adelaide's at the moment.
I still think Adelaide will likely make the eight due to their easy draw in the next two weeks, but either way, they won't be ready to play finals football, so it will be pointless. If we are to make the eight it will more likely be in place of Essendon.

Looking back at the Crows yesterday, it seems that they once again simply failed to finish off a game efficiently. This is a problem that has affected them all year, and I personally think it's one of the biggest issues with them that will prevent them from making a strong statement in the finals. I actually don't think they're very far off, and we ourselves also have some issues we need to address before the finals, but finals football is about bringing out the best football that your club is capable of, and our ceiling is definitely higher than Adelaide's at the moment.
I still think Adelaide will likely make the eight due to their easy draw in the next two weeks, but either way, they won't be ready to play finals football, so it will be pointless. If we are to make the eight it will more likely be in place of Essendon.
Bulldogs in their last game is far from easy, thats very tough and Collingwood, even with their injuries won’t be easy. Collingwood should get a couple back and are more than capable of beating the crows.

Most likely scenario...or the Bulldogs sneak in.
The Dogs play the Crows next week - the winner probably makes it to September.

I honestly can't see Essendon winning another game. Before their 2 game nightmare against Port and Bulldogs, they struggled to get over Gold Coast. They're cooked.

So if we win this weekend we effectively end the seasons of Freo and St Kilda. Same goes if Essendon win. (Given percentages)

If Essendon and us win, Or the Crows and us win then the Hawks are pretty much out of it. (again given percentages)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't want Bulldogs in finals. AFL will seize the opportunity to prove the fairytale wasn't a fluke or manufactured, by helping them out to another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah. They don't need help this time.

Dogs are moving into the maturity phase now - 2016 was their Hawthorn 2008 flag. This year is the equivalent of Hawthorn's 2011. They are basically everything Essendon wishes they could be. Not saying they'll win three in a row or anything, but they'll be top four next year.

Heard a snippet from Pyke's presser on MMM this morning, he said WC were more efficient going forward.

Isn't that the opposite of what happened?
West Coast could've put away that game in the third quarter if they'd only kicked straight.
But overall they were both wasteful with the ball.

West Coast could've put away that game in the third quarter if they'd only kicked straight.
But overall they were both wasteful with the ball.

Adelaide 12 goals from 41 inside 50s to West Coast's 13 goals from 63 inside 50s.

I think they are very similar to Port. There always seems to be a 15 minute period where they let the opposition kick two or three in a row and then it's catch up from there.

Adelaide 12 goals from 41 inside 50s to West Coast's 13 goals from 63 inside 50s.

"Going forward" means moving the ball from defence into the forward line. West Coast were better than Adelaide in moving the ball through midfield.

If he wanted to say they were more efficient in the forward line, he would have said that West Coast were more efficient forward. It's the 'going' part that changes everything.

Words matter :)

"Going forward" means moving the ball from defence into the forward line. West Coast were better than Adelaide in moving the ball through midfield.

If he wanted to say they were more efficient in the forward line, he would have said that West Coast were more efficient forward. It's the 'going' part that changes everything.

Words matter :)

It's still false. The Crows had a higher disposal efficiency. If their aim is to play a style based around retaining possession (which waa highlighted during the game) then they can't complain about lack of efficiency.

They are waaaaaay off and will only fall further off.
The ultra defensive slop worked earlier in the season, but gets found out when the Crouches don't get their hundreds of possessions. Yesterday their game plan was played as well as it could be and they still lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back