Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The grey PB is ok but it doesn't pop enough. Maybe with white numbers still it will be enough. Even the current BIG looks a bit better as it has the white in the V and the tiny bit of teal from the logo to break up the grey-scale.

I never said drop history.

But don't hate on others for following us because of not caring for it...
Others don't have to care for it, but by actively arguing against it, they're harming the club.

Our history is a point of difference over just about every other club that supporters are deeply proud of and will rally behind. You can't buy that and you can't replace it.

Those figures are rubbery af.

Who is included in Sydney and Brisbane fans? People who happen to live in NSW/Qld?

Richmond is also comically low. Tiges fans are everywhere.

Those numbers are for 'supporters' polled by Roy Morgan - meaning it includes people who do not follow the AFL or care but still chose a team. Which is exactly what you'd expect - all of NSW practically supports the swans cause it's all they've heard of, but realistically none are AFL fans. If they were fans though they'd be Swans fans.

Sydney's challenge to grow as a club is to turn supporters into real fans. They just have to convert people to AFL and they'll be a powerhouse.

Port have the opposite case where we have an excellent members : supporters ratio. We need to grow our number of supporters because there's not much room to feasibly grow that ratio by much more.

Which others are designed to represent the area they're from? You mean like Sydney?

Its not that special when another club already does it and was doing it before we joined the AFL.

We need to be more than just our history.

This here is why we need to expand our reach:
View attachment 727148
We have a solid membership base, but we dont have nearly enough many fans to turn into members. Focusing on our history will increase the fans into members numbers but not overall fans.

We're with the bulldogs, saints, dees and North This shouldn't be acceptable.
If Sydney have such big support how come only 60,000 watch their matches on Ch 7 or 7mate? You have to take it with a semitrailer of salt. Even Brisbane. Some one rings up to do a survey about 100 items and you get asked do you support an AFL team and you live in Brisbane or Sydney you probably say the home team even though you have never been to a game, rarely watch them etc.

Yes we have to expand our supporter base. But it wont happen over night.

We should be Geelong or Fremantle on those numbers.

We are significantly under achieving.

Obviously the Sydney one is BS anyway.

You can't just neglect population differences - Freo and Port are both running at 1 in 5.6 people living in their respective states on those figures.

The notion that young people generally don't care for old/historical things is one of the stranger myths going around. I'm 23 and know plenty of people around my age with interests like film photography, collecting vinyl records, classic cars, particular historical events (WWI/II, the British monarchy, ancient civilisations—whatever really), seeing important historical sites when travelling, etc.

The notion that young people generally don't care for old/historical things is one of the stranger myths going around. I'm 23 and know plenty of people around my age with interests like film photography, collecting vinyl records, classic cars, particular historical events (WWI/II, the British monarchy, ancient civilisations—whatever really), seeing important historical sites when travelling, etc.

As a young boy of 5, my love of Port sprouted due to the prisonbar (I viewed it as a superhero uniform), the legends, the history and such.

Not because of acrobats sucking each other’s zuperduper and their best friend’s a talking pie.

Look isn't it a bit early for off season discussion?

This deal sucks.

Exclusively wearing the PB against the plastic fantastics, in what is sure to be a twilight game shoehorned to fox footy, sucks.

Discuss.

Yeah I'd like to wear them in at least one game against a real football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the perfect opportunity for someone like Leigh Matthews to come out and nail the AFL between the eyes for allowing this farcical situation to continue. He's already expressed that view as a commentator, but an article now would have Gil fretting about bad press.

Sadly I expect it will get almost zero traction outside of the SA bubble, where most news outlets are tripping over themselves to highlight that Collingwood approves it, so it's OK. That's not OK, that's absolutely ****ed.

You would be interested in this old relic then. :p

cornes-jonas.jpg

It's just a rough indication of our colour, but needs to be 'bluer' as per our current use of teal.

There's also this...

View attachment 727154
This looks absolutely amazing. I actually like it better than the original PBs. I even like the PA monogram. I just love it.

You can't just neglect population differences - Freo and Port are both running at 1 in 5.6 people living in their respective states on those figures.
Exactly, I am totally fine with our level of support. Remember we are one club, vs the crows 7. And we are based on the capital city with the lowest population (with an AFL team). VFL clubs had some supporters "interstate" but how many interstate supporters have non-victorian teams, that are not ex-pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back