News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are bad because our focus is not on winning Premierships

Football is about 5th on the list of things the club thinks is important
The football administration, coaches and players have nothing to do with that side of things though. We're crap because we hand picked a bunch of mates and put together one of the worst football departments we possibly could.

If that were true the Womens side wouldn't have won two out of three in the AFLW. They have a competent coaching panel with a team that is united in what they want to achieve on field. We have clueless coaches, an idiot no one likes running everything and players who don't want to put in effort because they have no respect or trust in the people leading them.

If we're spending up to the full amount with the current football department we have then we have some seriously s**t administrators.
Ogilvie said in an interview back in July that we have a staff of 25 across the nation (in recruitment, I'm presuming), which could be a good chunk of the cap. If the average cost for the staff was $50K, that would be around $1M out of the $9.5 cap.

Ogilvie said in an interview back in July that we have a staff of 25 across the nation (in recruitment, I'm presuming), which could be a good chunk of the cap. If the average cost for the staff was $50K, that would be around $1M out of the $9.5 cap.
The bulk of the scouts are weekend warriors [part timers].

huge is the word on the street - he will be 7 foot tall when he finishes growing
Jack Lukocious is seven feet tall! Yes, I've heard. Kicks goals by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the AFL with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Oh so it’s the no Brodiesssss club. We can only have one.

We only have about 4 full-time staff in that department, Hamish as the national recruiting manager, Stephen McCrystal who is the Eastern States manager, Scott Degabriele who is the Western Australia manager and Binuk Koditukwakku who is in analytics and scouts Victoria.

We only have about 4 full-time staff in that department, Hamish as the national recruiting manager, Stephen McCrystal who is the Eastern States manager, Scott Degabriele who is the Western Australia manager and Binuk Koditukwakku who is in analytics and scouts Victoria.
Umm where is the SA manager?

Having Smart and Shuttleworth on one side of the ledger but being paid by the football side ( remember Shuttleworth is the AFC Media Manager responsible for ALL Media , football or otherwise)

The Legacy side didnt get set up on an oily rag.
You forgot the eSports team.Who are struggling as much as the football side.

Optus are a Principal Partner not just for eSports or the media side.

OK start from the beginning, Smart and Shuttleworth are not classed in the AFL football operations Cap their salary is outside the cap,
Yes Legacy did cost money to start but the football department did not suffer or missout financially. The Crows have never paid unders for there football club spending,
And you understand legacy has more than 1 team in more than 1 competition. ie League of Legends, CSGO, Rocket League, Smite, Starcraft II, Super Smash Bros and Fortnite. and they have different players in each team. Believe you are talking about LOL.
And Optus recently sign on as a Partner with Legacy in June of 2019 with a long term deal with Legacy. they are 2 separate sponsorship deals albiet they will overlap in some areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This place cracks me up, demand change but as soon as a board luvvy’s name is mentioned the skirts go up.

Smith is the perfect player to move out. Perennial underachiever when compared to his actual ability but does enough to retain decent value.

1 x AA and achieved little since, never close to a B&F. Nice player, looks great when he bombs a nice goal, but I can never recall him standing up with a BOG performance in a crucial game.

He’s 28 and not getting any better. Happily move him on and we could even get a late 1st if someone is looking for his particular skill set.
Our #1 problem is lack of speed ....we have to bring quick players in, but into a winning environment .....lets not clear out our only quick players

We still will need players in the 26-28 YO bracket ....yes clear out some 30 YO's ....but Smith is also the joker in the changrooms ....that's important to retain

The bulk of the scouts are weekend warriors [part timers].
Ok, suppose they pay each weekend warrior at least $5K for the season, that's about $100K, then maybe at least $80K for the state managers and Binuk, and $200K for Hamish? That will be over half a mill for recruiting.

Kieran Jack: I've rode the wave for 14 years, time for me to step aside and let some young talents come through and have their chance.

Crows Senior Players: Feeling good about myself and going around again, still a couple of years left in me hopefully at another 400k per year.

Culture.

Hopefully we hold onto our senior players so they can pass on their poisonous me-first surrender culture to our youngsters.

The BSmith rumours are garbage. Not going. I know someone who is good mates with him.
Like 99% of the rumours on Big Footy....people with fertile imaginations and a poor grasp of reality. Much like 99% of the Play Station trade talk on Big Footy.

Kieran Jack: I've rode the wave for 14 years, time for me to step aside and let some young talents come through and have their chance.

Crows Senior Players: Feeling good about myself and going around again, still a couple of years left in me hopefully at another 400k per year.

Culture.

Hopefully we hold onto our senior players so they can pass on their poisonous me-first surrender culture to our youngsters.
In fairness Jack has been cooked for 3 years already and most Sydney fans wanted him gone years ago. Not like he didn't milk it for long as he could also.

Ok, suppose they pay each weekend warrior at least $5K for the season, that's about $100K, then maybe at least $80K for the state managers and Binuk, and $200K for Hamish? That will be over half a mill for recruiting.
The article is a bit outdated, by 4-5 guys in the recruiting department isn't uncommon, a team like GWS have 7 full-time staff in that department.

We are bad because our focus is not on winning Premierships

Football is about 5th on the list of things the club thinks is important
There's a lot of SYD in the Crows thinking ....staying higher than Port & playing finals, so we don't lose the status of #1 team in Sth Australia

The one area we've been poor at, is aggressive trading

Last edited:
We don't
It's a rumour file
But we do know before he got drafted he was keen to stay in Adel and apparently is still not signing on with the GC at present
All of which could mean nothing but we can dream

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
Gotta be carfeful of talking as fact ;) .....just add "rumored to.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back