2019 3rd Ashes Test 22-27 August Headingley

Who will win the 3rd test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't write us off. We're used to nothing being in the pitch and having to work to plans to create wickets. Reckon we'll slowly chip away with wickets, if we can keep them to 300ish we're in the game.

Can someone tell me why England didn't have to come out and bat after we were All out?

It was close to stumps and there is a 10 minute turnaround for the bowling team to bat so there wasn't enough time left.

Contrary to popular belief here the umpires aren't out to cheat for England and screw Australia over at every opportunity.

they will claim this game is still being played in Leeds, but do not buy in to it. Look at the weather. these crafty bastards have moved the ground to southern spain for day 2. outrageous

First test to be played in Majorca.

All these armchair experts complaining about light . I remember Michael Clark Darren Lehman Stuart Clark complaining that bad light stopped play when lights were on . Have any real Aussie cricketers now in media whinged about the light ?
Actually Labuschagne just said it became difficult to see from one end. And considering he was out there I'll take his word for it.

I wanna see if we get a ball as dark as what the Poms got?

The darker Red they are the more they move around for some reason especially the Duke balls.

The captain/bowlers pick the ball
Why could they play till 7.30 last night but only 7 tonight? Still plenty of overs to be made up

The rules allow an hour to make up overs lost on the day but only half an hour to make up overs lost in previous days.

We’ll see what the Aussie team are made of today. It’s going to be tough out there once the ball softens. England have been a bit lucky with the conditions in this series, but that’s cricket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viewing conditions are betterr, other than that the conditions won't be that different. The pitch will still have movement if you know how to extract it. There might not be as much swing, but there will be swing for bowlers good enough. Less, perhaps, than on an overcast day but Leeds doesn't do dry air.
Bowl well, and the chances might come. English batsmen are used to conditions, but aren't that good.

I wanna see if we get a ball as dark as what the Poms got?

The darker Red they are the more they move around for some reason especially the Duke balls.

Although obviously difficult to accept for some, Eng bowled very well in very helpful bowling conditions yesterday, good luck to them, end of story.

Or are you suggesting visiting teams are only given boxes of brightest red Duke balls ever made to bowl with?
Well then I've also heard the hosts swap out the sight screens with a light grey material when the opposition bat. I'm told the hosts supply the umpires with light meters rigged to show a higher lumen rating that the actual light. It's also obvious they pay the DRS technicians to alter the projected paths in favour of hosts reviews.
Have I missed out anything in relation to other ludicrous conspiracy theories...?

Pattinson replaced Siddle... he'd better open the bowling at the other end so we get some movement... Cummins not getting much if any movement at all... unless the pitch was rolled so hard that it's not palatable to seam movement again?

Back