News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Out of interest, what's the latest word on Brad Crouch? Is he untouchable or expendable at the right price? Is Barrett talking ****?
Now that Coniglio is off the market, I think Brad Crouch becomes pretty much the hottest commodity for Victorian clubs looking to boost their midfield. Will likely be our highest poller on brownlow night, and will probably win the golden Jacket. And at aged 25 he's cherry ripe.

Unfortunately for suitors, I think he's one player the Crows will play hard ball with (given all the above). So offers will need to be overs!

Now that Coniglio is off the market, I think Brad Crouch becomes pretty much the hottest commodity for Victorian clubs looking to boost their midfield. Will likely be our highest poller on brownlow night, and will probably win the golden Jacket. And at aged 25 he's cherry ripe.

Unfortunately for suitors, I think he's one player the Crows will play hard ball with (given all the above). So offers will need to be overs!
Correct. However a straight swap for lukosius is one deal i would countenance. Pick 3 then gets us the best mid we can get

Brad is out of contract next year as an RFA, most likely around pick 5 for us, so its a double edged sword

Do we trade for greater than that pick 5 this year

Or wait to next year and he could leave anyway

Next year is a write off, so you would think get more for him this year and except the results for next year

I'm not so sure. I think GC know they need players, not picks. Bringing Burgoyne up there is a sign of this so they might be up for a player swap as the bulk of the deal
Going for Burgoyne tells me Betts is staying in Adelaide

I'm not so sure. I think GC know they need players, not picks. Bringing Burgoyne up there is a sign of this so they might be up for a player swap as the bulk of the deal
I would love to think we could put together a bunch of players to go to the GC. But I think realistically if we even have 1 guy on our list who will willingly go there we will be lucky!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he goes next year we will get FA compensation.

So, we keep him for a year and get a compo pick around pick 6. This year? What would we get that's better than that?

The only reason for doing a deal this year would be if we are chasing a big name FA next year.

If he goes next year we will get FA compensation.

So, we keep him for a year and get a compo pick around pick 6. This year? What would we get that's better than that?
Exactly! Although it wouldn't surprise me if after giving GC pick 1 and 2 this year, the AFL decide that FA compo will only start after the end of Rd 1 from 2020 on, because they don't want to have the first round of the draft compromised

Not enough rumour discussion.
Too much able it parties, fake deaths and tagger philosophy.
I think unfortunately this review is going to push back the actions taken by the club in the next 3-5 weeks. And subsequently the rumours associated with those actions!

Prepared to be thoroughly underwhelmed for a fair while...

the bryce gibbs model of excellence
It's pretty common. I think if a player requests a trade out when they haven't completed the contract, the should be made to pay back the above average amount they have earned during the first part of the contract:

e.g. 5 year deal for $5m

Year 1: $1.2m
Year 2: $1.2m
Year 3: $1m
Year 4: $800k
Year 5: $800k

If they leave after year 3, they need to pay back $400k over the next 2 years, which becomes additional salary cap for the club.

Could you imagine the AFLPA!!! :oops::mad::sick:

It's pretty common. I think if a player requests a trade out when they haven't completed the contract, the should be made to pay back the above average amount they have earned during the first part of the contract:

e.g. 5 year deal for $5m

Year 1: $1.2m
Year 2: $1.2m
Year 3: $1m
Year 4: $800k
Year 5: $800k

If they leave after year 3, they need to pay back $400k over the next 2 years, which becomes additional salary cap for the club.

Could you imagine the AFLPA!!! :oops::mad::sick:
Surely clubs can negotiate claw back clauses now (not sure of salary cap implications).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back