Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Keath 76% DE (16.3 disposals)
May 74% DE (15.1 disposals)

QED

Eddie Betts 63% DE
Ollie Wines 66.7% DE

Ollie Wines more skilful than Eddie Betts confirmed

Actually watch the game and make an informed decision, DE% stats don’t factor in the amount of backwards and sideways kicks to loose defenders KPDs make. Hence the over inflated stats.
I agree, but just watching the game and making an 'informed decision' is still 'gut feel' / subjective. That's why coaches use stats to back up a theory. Unfortunately, since I left the assistant coaching ranks at AFL level, I don't have access to the raw data to crunch the numbers further.

What we need is a DE broken down by short/med/long kicks and pressure/no-pressure to really get a feel for it

So you think DE is an actual indicator for good users of the ball?
Not always - only when it supports my argument ;)

I agree, but just watching the game and making an 'informed decision' is still 'gut feel' / subjective. That's why coaches use stats to back up a theory. Unfortunately, since I left the assistant coaching ranks at AFL level, I don't have access to the raw data to crunch the numbers further.

What we need is a DE broken down by short/med/long kicks and pressure/no-pressure to really get a feel for it

More or less than the guy who reckons 1.5 goal a game Fantasia is a 3 goal a game player?
More. He's gone 4+ 10 times.

And honestly his outlandish claim is completely irrelevant to your incorrect statement.

Classic bigfooty, poster makes incorrect statement, poster gets called out, poster deflects instead of just copping being wrong.

Weird flex but ok. Anyone working in a coaching setup at afl level would know may is an excellent kick for a key defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More. He's gone 4+ 10 times.

And honestly his outlandish claim is completely irrelevant to your incorrect statement.

Classic bigfooty, poster makes incorrect statement, poster gets called out, poster deflects instead of just copping being wrong.

How am i deflecting?

The poster claimed Fantasia is a 3 goals a game player

Despite being wrong about the number of times he’s kicked 3 goals in his career I still proved beyond a doubt he is wrong.

Fantasia averages 1.5 goals and has kicked 3+ in 16 out of nearly 80 career games.

Kicking 3+ Approx 1 in every 5 games doesn’t make someone a 3 goal a game player.

Mistaking 16 times for 9 times in his career didn’t invalidate my point.

Already come out that he's not going anywhere so this little circle jerk thread.....yeah about as useless as the Amon one.

Would love wines but don’t see us getting it done. Dylan Shiel was a mistake

Because the discussion was about their outlandish claim.

9 times. 14 times. The difference was minimal in the context. It could have been 30X and he still wouldn’t be a 3 goal a game player.
Did you make an error?

Ollie Wines’ manager has “unequivocally” shut down suggestions the Port Adelaide co-captain could be “gettable” during the upcoming AFL trade period.
Nick Gieschen has told The Advertiser:
“It’s unequivocally not happening … 100 per cent.
“It’s not even worth discussing.
“Ollie loves it there, he’s captain, loves the group and loves Kenny (Power coach Ken Hinkley) … and Port love him.
“It was obviously a difficult year with injury but he’s really excited by next year and really keen to bounce back and lead the boys next year.”

So there you have it ... Ollie not leaving Port ..

Won't kill it, this is BF, wonder how many more pages this will keep dribbling on for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back