Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not bragging. Toby has had a serious case of red mist against the Dogs, and I can only surmise it is because he cost them a GF berth with his selfish decision to torch free teammates and go for glory deep in the last qtr of the 2016 PF. It is a moment he won't get back and he may well miss out on another chance at premiership redemption in this finals series if the trivunal find him guilty of eye gouging.

He is a jet and doesn't need to push the envelope as much as he does. I personally have no issue whatsoever with everything else that transpired on Saturday - GWS were brilliant and brutal and taught our young group a valuable lesson that finals footy is for keeps.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's embarrassing to watch you try to convince yourself of this.

You replied to a regular quote, welcher.

Mum, I'm smart isn't I?

In all seriousness though, you can't genuinely look at what happened to Haynes and even remotely see that as dirty? Bontempelli has been one of the fairest players in the league over the duration of his career, he hit Haynes carelessly and was rightfully fined for it, but don't put a careless act in the same conversation as the act of a player that both on-field and off-field has shown to be one of the dirtier players in the history of the game.

Not really. All of us realize the future is bright.

If I were you, I'd worry about your own club. I'd be worrying quite a bit actually.
Quite happy to admit we're very very poor.
Dont quote part of a response out of context.
Wasn't out of context at all. You tried to throw in a cheap "lol your club sucks" which is totally off topic. Once it became apparent you were relying on cheap shots it became obvious you had no real interest in discussing the topic.

Don't get upset that I've called you on your poor troll.

I hope those putting in so much emotion and energy here can be equally accepting of the tribunals outcome.

Sadly it won't be the case and the same old pensioners will be calling it Gill intervention or some other tin foil CT.

Quite happy to admit we're very very poor.
Wasn't out of context at all. You tried to throw in a cheap "lol your club sucks" which is totally off topic. Once it became apparent you were relying on cheap shots it became obvious you had no real interest in discussing the topic.

Don't get upset that I've called you on your poor troll.
You said we were suffering. Thats the context. Im not and I asked how you were doin after all these years of failure and self induced disaster.

Nuff said. TG is the topic and hes a cowardly grub, Im sure we can agree on that.

It's embarrassing to watch you try to convince yourself of this.
Care to offer some sage advice as to why Greene, since the start of 2017, has repeatedly been cited for multiple indiscretions against the same club? He clearly has a problem controlling himself against the Dogs, and it looks like it will cost him dearly yet again. I've offered one possible explanation as to why - GWS were the best team in it in 2016 but Greene fluffed his lines at the worst possible moment foe his team - welcome to hear your thoughts as to why Greene can't control himself at all against the same opponent time and again.

I hope those putting in so much emotion and energy here can be equally accepting of the tribunals outcome.

Sadly it won't be the case and the same old pensioners will be calling it Gill intervention or some other tin foil CT.

I'd say the same for you if the verdict comes down as multiple weeks, but bots don't have emotion.

It’s footy. A contact sport that leads to physical confrontations at times.

If he hasn’t eye gouged then no I’ve got no issues. Not a great look but not worthy of missing weeks for.
Well geez I wouldn't want my kid playing footy like that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would I be bitter? The Bont is one of my favourite players in the league and I have no reason to have an axe to grind against the Dogs.

It just seems to me that you Doggies fans are blowing this incident way out of proportion as a neutral fan.
You're probably right. We can't stand the bastard after the Dalhaus boot in the face. You'd feel the same probably if he'd done it to you though.

Cocky doggies now with tails between legs, after overlooking the Giants, disrespecting the oppo, need to get some form of a victory.

As a neutral, I can see hair pulling and pushing head into the ground, but no eye gouging.

I reckon the AFL will manipulate things by giving Toby 1 week, and he will be in the GF if they make it, in typical AFL wussy fashion.

I thought NicNat's throwing Merrett into the fence was equally bad or worse.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He had no reason to be even in there. He saw Bont on the floor and said to himself "Ooo here's a chance"
He deliberately went in there to target Bonts head with his own hands.
It was not a football action nor was it accidental.
If you are trying to defend Toby for what he did here you either did not see what he did, have blinkers on or are just trolling.

Is this the sort of thing the AFL want to stamp out? Do we want to send a message to the lower grades and kids that this is or isn't ok to do?
I guess we will see soon.

P.S, Toby Greene is a very fine player with a lot of skill and definite white line fever, but if you cross the line and do a deliberate illegal act you should be punished.

Cocky doggies now with tails between legs, after overlooking the Giants, disrespecting the oppo, need to get some form of a victory.

As a neutral, I can see hair pulling and pushing head into the ground, but no eye gouging.

I reckon the AFL will manipulate things by giving Toby 1 week, and he will be in the GF if they make it, in typical AFL wussy fashion.

I thought NicNat's throwing Merrett into the fence was equally bad or worse.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not that pissed we lost seriously. We got 2016 so we're ahead. But seriously reckon that piling on, tackling, head smashing stuff needs to be stopped. Or we just bring back the biffo and punch on!

I loved how GWS fans were crying for Bont's blood, and acting like Bont's bump which was nothing more than a reckless, late bump/smother attempt, was a deliberate sniper attack. Then spent all the time leading up to the final encouraging their own players to deliberately cheap shot and target Bontempelli.

And since the game, some were applauding Greene's act and defending him.

Seems the culture of GWS's serial thugs flows through to the fans as well. Think a reckless late bump is dirty, but cheap, dirty, deliberate tactics isn't?
:rolleyes:

How many more times does Greene need to be suspended to learn? Could he be the first AFL player to cross the total weeks suspended threshold? If he wasn't a budding AFL player and just a regular joe, he probably would have got locked up for his previous discretions off field. That, kicking people in the face, punches off the ball, eye gouging. Guy has needs anger control management. If I had a daughter I wouldn't let her within 1000 miles of this bloke, snaps to easily and doesn't even think. Its a shame cause he is talented as they come at his best. But his career will be remembered for the wrong reasons. Don't know why Giant's fans defend him so easily. I'd be dirty on him if he played for my club. Guy needs therapy sessions not just a suspension.
A serious case of white line psycho. He has no limits or respect for opponents.

Care to offer some sage advice as to why Greene, since the start of 2017, has repeatedly been cited for multiple indiscretions against the same club? He clearly has a problem controlling himself against the Dogs, and it looks like it will cost him dearly yet again. I've offered one possible explanation as to why - GWS were the best team in it in 2016 but Greene fluffed his lines at the worst possible moment foe his team - welcome to hear your thoughts as to why Greene can't control himself at all against the same opponent time and again.

If you say it for a fourth or fifth time, it might come true. Don't lose hope!

Give me your explanation, would love to hear it. Why has Greene repeatedly committed reportable indiscretions against the exact same team since 2017?

Toby has had a serious case of red mist against the Dogs, and I can only surmise it is because he cost them a GF berth with his selfish decision to torch free teammates and go for glory deep in the last qtr of the 2016 PF. It is a moment he won't get back and he may well miss out on another chance at premiership redemption in this finals series if the trivunal find him guilty of eye gouging.

LOL, we have a young team. Half our team was literally playing their first final.

We're not even remotely as old as North Melbourne, you can't expect us to just immediately adapt to finals football. ;)
Hey, at least we made it. That's more than you can say about some other clubs.

So, if we'd made it Cam Zurhaar would have been playing his first final and I don't think he'd have taken a backward step.

The Dogs have some good young talent no doubt. The question is are they are a team that loves flipping the ball around under the roof at Docklands, or a team that can win hard physical games when the intensity is at its max.

I reckon you really missed Libba, he's made for those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back