• Jack Graham

Votes: 54 17.1%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • Shia Bolton

Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you say Pickett is better than Rioli?
One plays in the Seniors and is a proven player, the other plays in a lesser competition and yet to be tested at senior level.

Twice in history has a player debuted in a grand final and on both occasions lost.

Proven player, but so were Butler and Kmac. Rioli has been an absolute passenger, besides downhill skiing in our forward line against Brisbane in the QF, for over a month...and been a shodow of the player he was this year - cheers Mia.

I know it won't happen, but unless Dan increases his output, he's going to be overtaken very quickly. I reckon that Pickett will end being seen as a better player and if the football department thinks so then they've got to think very hard about it, as this is toughest oppo we've had all year with the form GWS are in.

Apologies if posted already but this is just brilliant

I had a happy thought about an hour ago so I'll do a Splintwhisky's compare the pair

DANGERFIELD
Games: 248
Goals: 283
Brownlows: 1
Times taken out by Lynch: 2 (that are televised)
Flops: too many to count
Prelims won: 0, doughnuts, sweet * all

Ivan Soldo
Games: * all
Goals: Count them on a hand
Mo's: A glorious one
Prelims won: 1

Out: Graham, Rioli
In: Ross, Pickett

Ross like for like with Graham. He's poor game against WC was only one game back from his long term injury. Prior to that he was one of our best week after week. He's a tackling beast is a great clearance player. Back him in.

Pickett a better mid than Rioli and lately is just as dangerous around goals and in applying F50 pressure. Rioli's last 5 weeks, bar the Brisbane game have been awful. In the 4 games (not including Brisbane), he's had 1 goal and 7 tackles in total. Even with the Brisbane game its been 3 goals and 13 tackles in 5 weeks. If his last name wasn't Rioli he'd be a certain out.
on Ross i agree.
He only had 55% game time against wce. Coming back from injury the week before he was very good just like he was very good until he got injured.

In two quarters against wce he had 11 disposals he kicked a point if i remember a gettable goal, Only laid the one tackle had 3 rebounds 2 clearances and over half of his possesions were contested.If he had a full game who knows he spent a huge part of that game on the pine.

He had the one horrible howler where he kicked across goals didnt make proper contact and it went to an eagle for a goal.He gets that kick right and we were out and away. He at least took it on unlike others in the team.Considering the amount of game time he was decent.

Unlike others who are afforded plenty of shizen games and dont get dropped he gets dropped after an okay performance with only 55% game time.

On Pickett well he would be an upgrade on several softies who fold under pressure. He isnt a fwd but will play well either in the midfield or across h/b.
Personally id have him in the side in front of both Short and Ellis.

If Broad doesnt get up we need to bring in a tall theres two options only, Balta/McIntosh.
If Graham doesnt get up then we need to bring in a mid with a hard edge that could be Ross.
Wont happen but id like to see them drop one of the softies for Pickett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, get a grip, you're always unhappy even when we actually make a grand final.
For a side who relies on chaos and move-it-forward at all cost, Short averaged 47 meters per disposal against the PissyCats
Give me more of that against the Giants anyday.

It's got me buggered why anyone would even contemplate an "unforced" change at this late stage with only one game remaining.
No doubt it comes down to the posters ego, thinking he actually knows more than our highly experienced, highly paid professional coaches.
WHY bother with a couple of fishermen that ran out of bait after the bye. even before that, the bait was smelly maggots and raw prawns.🍤 :D 🍤

Last edited:
We can’t play Jack Graham. I’d hate to say it but it’s honestly not a good idea. If the shoulder is that unstable it popped out four times (?source) as stated, then it’s really unstable. One big hit and that shoulder comes out big time and he risks nerve injury - which could be permanent - as well as worse muscle trauma meaning much bigger surgery. For a young player like that it is too big a risk I think. He’s got a great future in front of him.

Assumed coaches votes from the prelim. Hint: Scott is a salty salty boy

Sir Dimma
5 - Lynch
4 - Prestia
3 - Kelly
2 - Houli
1 - Kolodjashnij

Rotating Clownface
5 - Kelly
4 - Lynch
3 - Houli
2 - Prestia
1 - Selwood

Duckwood lel

We can’t play Jack Graham. I’d hate to say it but it’s honestly not a good idea. If the shoulder is that unstable it popped out four times (?source) as stated, then it’s really unstable. One big hit and that shoulder comes out big time and he risks nerve injury - which could be permanent - as well as worse muscle trauma meaning much bigger surgery. For a young player like that it is too big a risk I think. He’s got a great future in front of him.
I trust the medical personnel to make Jack's decision for him if there's any chance of serious long term injury.

No but have this ready in the background when the final siren goes off favorably for the Tigers come Saddy Arvo...

View attachment 751615

very peaty. I usually drink my single malt neat and you can with this one but a little water doesnt hurt either. Dont know if you can do it, but with a whisky this good a proper glass would be a worthwhile investment (if you dont have one already).

very peaty. I usually drink my single malt neat and you can with this one but a little water doesnt hurt either. Dont know if you can do it, but with a whisky this good a proper glass would be a worthwhile investment (if you dont have one already).
Your on the money SL...have one proper whisky glass from DM's! (one glass so as not to share! :) )

Back