List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see your Marlin Pickett and raise you a Shane Yarran

Shane Yarran was the exception. Not every indigenous person with a spotty past ends up that way.

I'd rather we back ourselves in to help someone realise their full potential, rather than avoiding anything that might come with a bad smell. It's basically the reason why we avoided Marlion Pickett, even though he has four kids and hasn't had any indiscretions for the past seven years. Believing people can change is a good thing.

And, hopefully, the reason we wouldn't be looking at Bennell is more due to his injuries, rather than some incidents that, really, in the grand scheme of things, are nothing like Shane Yarran's circumstances. With the motivation that he only has one chance, I'm certain, if he can get his body right, he won't make any mistakes.

Shane Yarran was the exception. Not every indigenous person with a spotty past ends up that way.

I'd rather we back ourselves in to help someone realise their full potential, rather than avoiding anything that might come with a bad smell. It's basically the reason why we avoided Marlion Pickett, even though he has four kids and hasn't had any indiscretions for the past seven years. Believing people can change is a good thing.

And, hopefully, the reason we wouldn't be looking at Bennell is more due to his injuries, rather than some incidents that, really, in the grand scheme of things, are nothing like Shane Yarran's circumstances. With the motivation that he only has one chance, I'm certain, if he can get his body right, he won't make any mistakes.
Just have to say one thing on Pickett that blind turn that everyone was carrying on about in the GF was s**t the player chasing was 3 meters away just looked stupid !!

Not sure if already discussed but that guy from North Beach Nick Reid would be a good pickup and he’s already wised up on the game style..
Plug in and play from the get go ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's nowhere near AFL standard.

Here it is, the summary you didn’t know you needed.

[2019 player] - [list spot] - [2020 player]

Riach (cat b) - 46 - empty
Bines (cat b) - 45 - empty

Edwards (r) - 44 - Edwards
Watson (r) - 43 - Watson
Smith (r) - 42 - Smith or RD pick
Brooksby (r) - 41 - Brooksby or RD pick
McInnes (r) - 40 - RD pick or late ND pick or Brayshaw/Allen

Mutimer - 39 - RD pick or late ND pick
M. Allen - 38 - pick 64
Masten - 37 - pick 52
Brayshaw - 36 - Kelly

Schofield - 35 - Schofield
Ah Chee - 34 - Ah Chee
Rioli - 33 - Rioli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just have to say one thing on Pickett that blind turn that everyone was carrying on about in the GF was s**t the player chasing was 3 meters away just looked stupid !!
In a fizzer of a Grand Final, I thought it was great just for the cinderella story.
Completely unnecessary, perhaps, but added some theatre to an otherwise boring game.

Surprised the Langdon deal to Melbourne hasn't gone through yet, would have thought they hand over pick 22 and everyone moves on?
Saw someone on Twitter saying that because of future trades and pick swaps and academy and FS selections, these sort of mid level trades are actually starting to take longer.

The theory is that all teams are looking at positioning, points swapping with academy heavy teams and future gambling, so Melbourne might be thinking they can get a bit more value from 22 before they move it on.

Pickett can seriously play. WAFL commentators said during the a WAFL GF that they couldn't split Kelly and Pickett for ability.

To come in first AFL game composed a GF no less, hats off to him.

Can someone please tell me do the club's need to turn over a minimum five players every season?

If so, how do we pick up four more players with only one pick?

Can someone please tell me do the club's need to turn over a minimum five players every season?

If so, how do we pick up four more players with only one pick?
No you need to take 3 picks in the national draft . This can include rookie upgrades like we will do with watson this year with our last pick .

We need to take 2 more picks + watson

I like the look of Chad Warner from East Freo, he won't go early because of his size. But he earns his Gatorade, inside menace. Good stats over the season, might be good for a future Redden replacement, faster and more agile. Watched him closely when Claremont played. Played with Rivers, Sharp and Jackson.. he still looked more composed and mature around contests than all mentioned, maybe on par with Rivers . I feel we could maybe get him in the Rookie Draft if he falls
Warner looks pretty decent to me in the East Freo games I watched. A lot to see with Rivers and Jackson also playing. Plays a tough midfield game. I discussed him with Monocle at the game and we both concurred that he is not likely to be an O'Brien type. So I would be happy to take him with a latish pick but don't think we will.

Warner looks pretty decent to me in the East Freo games I watched. A lot to see with Rivers and Jackson also playing. Plays a tough midfield game. I discussed him with Monocle at the game and we both concurred that he is not likely to be an O'Brien type. So I would be happy to take him with a latish pick but don't think we will.
Whats warners potential in comparison to brayshaw,mallen and ainsworth ?
Also would you take garcia,prior or warner if all were available at our first pick?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back