Game Day Rookie Draft 2019: 9:30am SA time Friday 29 November: Burgoyne (Woodcock/Grundy) and 1 other (or DFA?).

Remove this Banner Ad

As clubs en masse passed on their late national draft picks Thursday night, the hopes of hundreds of aspiring AFL draftees took a hit.

But the annual rookie draft on Friday presents an array of young guns with an opportunity to still make it onto an AFL list next season.

Foxfooty.com.au profiles 12 players snubbed at the national draft that deserve rookie lifelines.

Partington.

Still cant believe he ran a sub 3 second 20m at the combine. We certainly don’t have an accumulator type with that kind of pace on our list.

Partington replaces Trengove and ensures that all of these exciting mid-forwards we just took have a good first year of development if they happen to play in the Maggies.

JACK Martin will become a Carlton player at the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft after Gold Coast conceded they would not use their first pick to keep him against his wishes.

The out-of-contract forward-midfielder failed in his bid to switch to the Blues during the Telstra AFL Trade Period when Carlton list chief Stephen Silvagni turned down an exchange of first-round picks that included Martin.

Needs say Key Defender. Emerson Jeka (more a key forward) should be considered. Like so many of our choices this year, was very highly rated 12 months ago.

And, no, Fremantle did not pick up Frederick's twin. The Fredericks they picked up was white. Unless he has had the worst case of vitiligo ever since the Under 18 SANFL GF, that boy ain't the one.

We didn't nominate Fredericks II as an NGA at the beginning of the year which was a stuff up.

O'Neill because dual All Australian
Hilder because tall defender and I can't think of a state league mature age tall defender
Cassar because Macca19 and accumulating small defender
Crauford because I have a sneaking suspicion we want another developing ruck to relieve Hayes in the sanfl
Partington because Glenelg

This means of course that all of these players will wind up elsewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Neill because dual All Australian
Hilder because tall defender and I can't think of a state league mature age tall defender
Cassar because Macca19 and accumulating small defender
Crauford because I have a sneaking suspicion we want another developing ruck to relieve Hayes in the sanfl
Partington because Glenelg

This means of course that all of these players will wind up elsewhere

Or Jake Pasini ... :p

JACK Martin will become a Carlton player at the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft after Gold Coast conceded they would not use their first pick to keep him against his wishes.

The out-of-contract forward-midfielder failed in his bid to switch to the Blues during the Telstra AFL Trade Period when Carlton list chief Stephen Silvagni turned down an exchange of first-round picks that included Martin.

Another Carlton free hit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back