News Port Adelaide AGM 31 January 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

There doesn't seem to be anything in today's press about the AGM. This one was clearly aimed at passing through to the keeper as quietly as possible.

800 members down on same time last year? Pffft, our own bigfooty researchers have proven this to be bullshit.

Koch talks complete bullshit.

Does anybody have the actual financials? I believe the $1 mill paid back to the AFL because I was told a year ago that this is what the AFL were demanding. Basic accounting would tell you that falling memberships, sponsorships and crowds on top of a forced million to the AFL couldn't possibly lead to a better set of books. Yet I assume that is what Koch will run with.
How many more down are you suggesting you are, if you don’t mind me asking? A lot of my PA mates have all signed back on for 2020 and a few have signed up, I was under the impression that memberships was tracking well.
Have a good day 🤛🏼

How many more down are you suggesting you are, if you don’t mind me asking? A lot of my PA mates have all signed back on for 2020 and a few have signed up, I was under the impression that memberships was tracking well.
Have a good day 🤛🏼

Read last page of membership 2020 thread for comparative graphs.

Sorry, just a little confused - is this a summary of the AGM or a Trump tweet about one of his opponents rallies?

It was a quick AGM, make no mistake a quick AGM. But it was absolutely a great AGM, a great AGM, the most amazing phenomenal AGM ever.

It's going to be a big year, the biggest year ever. People think it’s going to happen. Don't be an unbelievable dummy and think otherwise.

From the earlier BF posters who provided dot comments from last nights AGM I deduced the following (from reading between the lines).
Yes, there is a certain amount of crapiness permeating throughout the club but there is one very important redeeming plus, which the management thinks will pull us through.
Yes, it’s our list which is acknowledge far and wide as being quite good. Perhaps a Jeremy Cameron would be the cherry on top of the cake?
Even with Hinkley at the tiller this list could turn our fortunes around, remembering that there is a posse of assistants to help him and the players. This list was brought about by some clever trades and astute selections at the draft table.
Ken is there for 2020 so no amount of bitching is going to remove him. Let’s hope that he is there in name only and that the assistant coaches can make this list a competitive unit.

Surprised the new jms wasn't announced already as it's been secured for a while even before oak left. They and the new partner must want the timing to be specific not sure why. ...
They clearly want to maximise media exposure of the announcement and who can blame them. Much more important to a corporate kicking in some not insignificant cash than giving a handful of BigFooty posters some extra dry nights.

It was a quick AGM, make no mistake a quick AGM. But it was absolutely a great AGM, a great AGM, the most amazing phenomenal AGM ever.

It's going to be a big year, the biggest year ever. People think it’s going to happen. Don't be an unbelievable dummy and think otherwise.
You forgot "China, China, China".

... He did say he's so Port Adelaide, his horse is called Power Boom and wears Port's colours.
Give me strength.
"His" horse is jointly owned with a number of Ports' players, Rockliff, Watts, Sam Gray (was a Ports' player when the horse was purchased), Lycett and Motlop. I doubt the name was entirely up to Hinkley.

I have heard that he has been pushing for co-jockeys however.

BTW, 4 starts for 1 win so Hinkley would be very happy with that.

There doesn't seem to be anything in today's press about the AGM. This one was clearly aimed at passing through to the keeper as quietly as possible.

800 members down on same time last year? Pffft, our own bigfooty researchers have proven this to be bullshit.

Koch talks complete bullshit.

Does anybody have the actual financials? I believe the $1 mill paid back to the AFL because I was told a year ago that this is what the AFL were demanding. Basic accounting would tell you that falling memberships, sponsorships and crowds on top of a forced million to the AFL couldn't possibly lead to a better set of books. Yet I assume that is what Koch will run with.

They can't keep hiding the financial number it will come out soon enough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, can I have some clarification please?
Did supporters want Ken to talk more or to talk less ?
Because it seems either way you’re not happy.
So what was he to do in the circumstances...talk less and you continue to whinge about him leaving early or talk more and you want him to stfu. Seriously fellas? You should listen to yourselves.

I personally want to see him continue on as he has for the past half-decade.

Chuckling in the aftermath of losses, claiming ethereal progress in the absence of any, and finishing 10th.

"His" horse is jointly owned with a number of Ports' players, Rockliff, Watts, Sam Gray (was a Ports' player when the horse was purchased), Lycett and Motlop. I doubt the name was entirely up to Hinkley.

We're the other 3 starts fourth placings?

So they finally admitted what we've known for over 21 months is that they've attempted to do a rebuild while externally never being transparent about it.

Cool, everyone from Hinkley up should be forcibly removed from the club and replaced by a more competent house plant.

Lying dogs.
Settle down, son. It's not that bad.
New players come in and some players go out, every year, in every club.

So,

• Hinkley leaves early
• Ransom via Skype
• More references to debt servicing
• 150th Celebrations (first I’ve heard of it!)
• An admission that we’re now in rebuild, rendering the Watts/Motlop/Rockliff capture a catastrophic failure of list management if that wasn’t obvious already

Raise your scarves, Power Fans™!

So,

• Hinkley leaves early
• Ransom via Skype
• More references to debt servicing
• 150th Celebrations (first I’ve heard of it!)
• An admission that we’re now in rebuild, rendering the Watts/Motlop/Rockliff capture a catastrophic failure of list management if that wasn’t obvious already

Raise your scarves, Power Fans™!
Don't forget Keith Thomas didn't say anything but no need cause he is just keeping the seat warm this year anyway

So, can I have some clarification please?
Did supporters want Ken to talk more or to talk less ?
Because it seems either way you’re not happy.
So what was he to do in the circumstances...talk less and you continue to whinge about him leaving early or talk more and you want him to stfu. Seriously fellas? You should listen to yourselves.

To take questions from the floor as per usual.

This exactly. Paying off huge chunks of low interest loans ahead of high interest loans is bad business but if you owe your parent company they don’t care

We’re the Corporation now
Our other creditors don’t count paying the minimum salary cap as a repayment lol

Need to make money to pay those debts off

Also heard that it is a sprinter, but he is going to have it run as a stayer in 2020!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back