Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully gets a solid hitout against Carlton and can earn some good minutes in the Marsh games.

Would love to see some new blood revealed in the proper stuff in the first few rounds, and Tyler seems the most likely at this point

Exactly! But gotta get one game first. The club are certainly not rushing him.
Which is exactly the right strategy

He is still very young and came to footy a bit later than his older brother

Clearly he has the potential to be a very good player

I like how we are just letting him develop at a slower pace

Which is exactly the right strategy

He is still very young and came to footy a bit later than his older brother

Clearly he has the potential to be a very good player

I like how we are just letting him develop at a slower pace
It's good that the club are not rushing him because physically he is not ready, he would get smashed in the seniors, has heaps of ability and time on his side
In a way the club has already fast-tracked his development though. VFL half back with minimal output in 2018 to full time VFL mid in 2019. His numbers didn't support the shift to midfield and his midfield numbers didn't support the amount of VFL midfield minutes have played.

What stood out in 2019 was his movement at stoppages, which was quality and a point of difference. That says the development shift to midfielder was correct even though he didn't win much (enough) footy. The better systems at AFL level may help Brown win more footy along with a bit more size/strength.

I'd like to see him play 10-15 AFL games in 2020.

It's good that the club are not rushing him because physically he is not ready, he would get smashed in the seniors, has heaps of ability and time on his side
Yeah although I think giving him a taste of senior footy with maybe 5 games in 2020 will help him out enormously in getting a feel for where he is at and what he needs to work on to be an afl player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about in another Position like on the Wing?
Once again, fair way back. We have all of Sidey, Phillips, Mayne, and probably Noble who would be ahead of him for those spots. He’s going to need to show some great form in the VFL before he’ll be considered for the seniors. There’s very little chance of a round 1 berth for him barring a catastrophic series of injuries.

Once again, fair way back. We have all of Sidey, Phillips, Mayne, and probably Noble who would be ahead of him for those spots. He’s going to need to show some great form in the VFL before he’ll be considered for the seniors. There’s very little chance of a round 1 berth for him barring a catastrophic series of injuries.

I did see something in the VFL last year and I thought as the Season Ended he was a Chance of a Debut.

You would hope he goes past Mayne

Been very very good for a first game.

Look's a natural.

has enormous work ethic too.

Some players have the attributes for elite footy, and thrive at the level in a way they might not in lower-level comp. I'm not sure if Tyler is one of those, but tonight he looked like he was made for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back