Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Proper Gander liked one of my posts from a decade ago and then nothing else.

That is all.
But you only joined 9.5 years ago so this is chronologically impossible for her to have liked a decade old post.

DeLorean?

It's probably the single most impressive cause I've put my name to.
I’ve gone onto much better campaigns.

They tend to be much more successful.

But you only joined 9.5 years ago so this is chronologically impossible for her to have liked a decade old post.

DeLorean?
This is why you used to be a mod, nothing gets past ya. Bloody Ian Healy over here.

Been home sick with the bloody flu! I’m sick of being sick. Haven’t had it for 6 years, you forget just how bad it makes you feel.

I think I read somewhere you’ve got it too Proper Gander

Been home sick with the bloody flu! I’m sick of being sick. Haven’t had it for 6 years, you forget just how bad it makes you feel.

I think I read somewhere you’ve got it too Proper Gander
I do. Legit flu too - not just an exaggerated cold. Apparently Australia’s flu season has been longer than normal of late, people in Melbourne are getting the virus before the flu vaccine is released in April or whenever. And it SUCKS!

I do. Legit flu too - not just an exaggerated cold. Apparently Australia’s flu season has been longer than normal of late, people in Melbourne are getting the virus before the flu vaccine is released in April or whenever. And it SUCKS!
You've never had man flu though, count yourself lucky

Yep me too. I took my first sick day since 2013. I work for myself, so sick days generally aren’t an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AmericanAFL so where abouts in the states are you from?

How did you get into the AFL?

East coast mate. Grew up in Philadelphia, and now live just outside it.

In the states 7-8 years ago, it you wanted to follow EPL you needed Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus. And those channels would occasionally show an AFL match. It was rare, but whenever I would see one I found the sport to be really interesting- so much action.

Eventually Fox lost broadcast rights to EPL, which meant i no longer needed those channels (in fact neither channel exists any longer), and there went my opportunity to watch AFL. It wasn’t a big loss really, I had probably only seen parts of 2-3 games over the years.

Then in September of 2018 a good mate was in Australia for work, and he tweeted about the Richmond/Pies prelim, and what a fun version of the sport you guys have. I hadn’t even thought of the sport in a few years but it got me to search for a streaming service that would allow me to follow the sport. Lucky for me, the AFL had such a service and I signed up for it, and here I am 💪🏼

East coast mate. Grew up in Philadelphia, and now live just outside it.

In the states 7-8 years ago, it you wanted to follow EPL you needed Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus. And those channels would occasionally show an AFL match. It was rare, but whenever I would see one I found the sport to be really interesting- so much action.

Eventually Fox lost broadcast rights to EPL, which meant i no longer needed those channels (in fact neither channel exists any longer), and there went my opportunity to watch AFL. It wasn’t a big loss really, I had probably only seen parts of 2-3 games over the years.

Then in September of 2018 a good mate was in Australia for work, and he tweeted about the Richmond/Pies prelim, and what a fun version of the sport you guys have. I hadn’t even thought of the sport in a few years but it got me to search for a streaming service that would allow me to follow the sport. Lucky for me, the AFL had such a service and I signed up for it, and here I am 💪🏼
awesome.

Ive spent a bit of time in several parts of the US (mainly because my brother in law lives over there) and whenever I walk talk about AFL they would think I was either talking about rugby or soccer. When I showed people a few minute clip with the big marks and goals they were always amazed. Yet when I was in Canada the people I talked to knew what AFL was. I can only assume this is because of Topkent spreading the word

What made you pick the Dees as your team

awesome.

Ive spent a bit of time in several parts of the US (mainly because my brother in law lives over there) and whenever I walk talk about AFL they would think I was either talking about rugby or soccer. When I showed people a few minute clip with the big marks and goals they were always amazed. Yet when I was in Canada the people I talked to knew what AFL was. I can only assume this is because of Topkent spreading the word

Topkent would tell you of a different kind of spreading however.

TK do you/did you teach snowboarding? And weren’t you also a trade Of sorts?

awesome.

Nice. Where’s your brother in law live?

When I originally got Watch AFL the 2018 season had just ended, so there were no live games to watch. So I ended up making a thread in the general forum asking people to post which matches were the more entertaining ones from the recent season. And then I just started watching a bunch of them. The first game I watched with the Demons was round 22 at WC, and wow that was a fun one. I had probably seen 10-12 other matches by that point but it was the first time I had seen a team so consistently playing on and just attacking after marks. It was a very exciting brand of footy for a new fan of the sport. And then when the eagles came back from the big early deficit I just found myself rooting for the Demons to pull it out.

At some point, as i was considering a few teams to support (Pies, eagles, hawks were the others I think) I just decided to start watching the Dees entire 2018 season. Damn, I was so angry after Gawn missed that kick at the siren in round one against North that I came into the Dees forum and made an angry post about it 😂

That thread kind of morphed into me posting my thoughts after the games as I went through the season, and so many Demons posters answering questions about the team, the sport, the rules, etc.

Honestly I can probably blame the likes of TopKent, TheCount, headless, and many, many others for being so helpful. Actually, when I think about it, I realize if they hadn’t been so accommodating, I probably would ended up a Tigers fan or something. Thanks for nothing you worthless campaigners.

When I originally got Watch AFL the 2018 season had just ended, so there were no live games to watch. So I ended up making a thread in the general forum asking people to post which matches were the more entertaining ones from the recent season. And then I just started watching a bunch of them. The first game I watched with the Demons was round 22 at WC, and wow that was a fun one. I had probably seen 10-12 other matches by that point but it was the first time I had seen a team so consistently playing on and just attacking after marks. It was a very exciting brand of footy for a new fan of the sport. And then when the eagles came back from the big early deficit I just found myself rooting for the Demons to pull it out.

At some point, as i was considering a few teams to support (Pies, eagles, hawks were the others I think) I just decided to start watching the Dees entire 2018 season. Damn, I was so angry after Gawn missed that kick at the siren in round one against North that I came into the Dees forum and made an angry post about it 😂

That thread kind of morphed into me posting my thoughts after the games as I went through the season, and so many Demons posters answering questions about the team, the sport, the rules, etc.

Honestly I can probably blame the likes of TopKent, TheCount, headless, and many, many others for being so helpful. Actually, when I think about it, I realize if they hadn’t been so accommodating, I probably would ended up a Tigers fan or something. Thanks for nothing you worthless campaigners.
my brother in law lives in New York but last time (about 15months ago) I was over there we meet him in Palm dessert and my wife and kids and I spent 3 weeks in Austin, Fredericksburg and San Antonio. But Ive been acros to NY, Philli & Washington a couple of times although I was only in Philli for the night

Oops looks like that round one game was Geelong. That thread ended up being a lot of fun, and looks like you were one of the very first people to post in it stinger.

This guy gets it

In all seriousness, it’s been great. I don’t know how active the other boards on BF are, but I figured if I was going to follow a team from the other side of the world, an active online community would be critical, and the Red and Blue faithful have not disappointed. One lad (cwaffles 💪🏼) stuck a Dees guernsey in an envelope and spent like $80 to send it to me FFS 🔥🔥

my brother in law lives in New York but last time (about 15months ago) I was over there we meet him in Palm dessert and my wife and kids and I spent 3 weeks in Austin, Fredericksburg and San Antonio. But Ive been acros to NY, Philli & Washington a couple of times although I was only in Philli for the night

New York is terrific, although I don’t get their too often these days.

I’ve never been to Texas but I’ve heard such good things about Austin, SA, etc.

When I originally got Watch AFL the 2018 season had just ended, so there were no live games to watch. So I ended up making a thread in the general forum asking people to post which matches were the more entertaining ones from the recent season. And then I just started watching a bunch of them. The first game I watched with the Demons was round 22 at WC, and wow that was a fun one. I had probably seen 10-12 other matches by that point but it was the first time I had seen a team so consistently playing on and just attacking after marks. It was a very exciting brand of footy for a new fan of the sport. And then when the eagles came back from the big early deficit I just found myself rooting barracking for the Demons to pull it out.

That’s amazing. I can’t even begin to guess how many times I’ve said that here 😂
We are also very polite people. However, as part of your education you need to understand some of the local patois, therefore, if after 6 rounds of the season we are 0- 6 then we are rooted, as will be Simon Goodwin. literally, figuratively and metaphorically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back