Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take issue with having opinions presented as being mine when they aren't, especially when it's used as a convenience for someone else.
When and where have people done this?

I might point out, when a poster rebuts one of your posts point-by-point, you have made an absolute artform out of only replying to one of the points. Very evasive, and intellectually less than totally honest. If you make a point, you have to own it.

You are hardly a paragon of respectful debate.

I might point out, when a poster rebuts one of your posts point-by-point, you have made an absolute artform out of only replying to one of the points. Very evasive, and intellectually less than totally honest. If you make a point, you have to own it.

Evading, deflecting and shifting goal posts are all that he does. Notice how he is playing the victim and crying about me "misrepresenting him" only after I busted his little act that he isn't a conservative. Woe is me is a smokescreen

That's why it's a waste of time talking to him, he is too deliberately obtuse and weak to debate honestly. Everything is pettifog

That is my last contribution to this petty little matter, better get back on track about Scomo

When and where have people done this?

You are hardly a paragon of respectful debate.
Literally scroll up to the last time this happened where I responded to each point.

He made perfect sense. Ever thought the issue might be your inability to retain and process information? Just a thought.

He crapped on about team Australia for half of it. Yay us

Apparently 2/3's of the cases are from returned travellers. So we are going to lock them down - but from Midnight tomorrow.

That should have happened weeks ago and at the very least it should be happening immediately.

Yes I do understand that a swift and total lockdown is the only way to contain it.

And I as much as anyone have been stating how this shows up the abject failure of the free market to deal with crisis, and how the right wing Coalition (and to a significant extent Labor too) deserve absolute damnation for their systematic dismantling over the last four decades of the very institutions and conventions we need for dealing with crises.

But I still feel the single biggest factor compromising the Australian government response has been incompetence and dull-witted adherence to discredited ideology. But not downright conspiracy.
You think scottys sponsors arent telling him what they want and more importantly dont want done?

Apparently 2/3's of the cases are from returned travellers. So we are going to lock them down - but from Midnight tomorrow.

That should have happened weeks ago and at the very least it should be happening immediately.
He explained why it wasn’t practical to implement it weeks ago. 50,000+ daily arrivals over the course of several weeks. Do the math. We simply don’t have the resources to enforce quarantine like we are now.

Now there is a significantly smaller number returning where we’re able to implement these measures effectively.

But of course, the arm chair experts with zero context into the situation will sit here and tell us it should have been done weeks ago.

It's a bit disingenuous. 2/3s being returners just means that we're 2 weeks behind other countries.

Too little, too late.

It might mean that our current testing numbers don't reflect community transmission at all and our actual spread is still to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He explained why it wasn’t practical to implement it weeks ago. 50,000+ daily arrivals over the course of several weeks. Do the math. We simply don’t have the resources to enforce quarantine like we are now.

Now there is a significantly smaller number returning where we’re able to implement these measures effectively.

But of course, the arm chair experts with zero context into the situation will sit here and tell us it should have been done weeks ago.

So because it is too hard we will just ignore it for a while :rolleyes: When it is easy we will be all over it

Pathetic response.

It might mean that our current testing numbers don't reflect community transmission at all and our actual spread is still to come.

Absolutely the worst is yet to come.

But right now it is all coming from travellers. And no one has done anything to control that. It is outright negligent.

Mate. I never thought it would come to this.

Unless SBD Gonzalez posts a Guardian article to the contrary, we can only conclude from kranky al's astrologer that ScoMo is going to kill us all. :huh:
Be very interesting in a few months time to contrast the loss of life in nz vs australia.

My “astrologer” mate has been calling out in public as well as behind closed doors (he was a senior government advisor) for the borders to be closed with a 14 day quarantine in mid january

if we had have done this THEN our country would be operating pretty much normally with the exception of tourism and the related industries.

none of us would be isolating - those millions of people heading to social security lines (hilarious isolate whilst in a queue - whose genius plan was that? ) and the doubling of payments thats going to cost the country an absolute fortune would be either not happening at all or much reduced.

we would be quite literally covid free except for the quarantined - and they would be quarantined and not spreading it.

but heres the thing - our government could never do that - our system in based on this weird dynamic of todays profits>this weeks profits>> this months profits >>>> this quarters profits>>>>>>>>this years profits>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this election cycles profits

and there is no way - a decision that is clearly going to take a short term hit for long term, the countries finances being better of by gawd knows how much because we view things through this economic prism that is so distorted it bears no resemblance to reality

So because it is too hard we will just ignore it for a while :rolleyes: When it is easy we will be all over it

Pathetic response.
It wasn’t ignored though. Measures were put in place. Travellers were told to self isolate for 14 days. The onus was on the returned travellers to comply with government direction.

Now they don’t have a choice to comply. We have enough resources to be able to effectively enforce it.

Be very interesting in a few months time to contrast the loss of life in nz vs australia.

My “astrologer” mate has been calling out in public as well as behind closed doors (he was a senior government advisor) for the borders to be closed with a 14 day quarantine in mid january

if we had have done this THEN our country would be operating pretty much normally with the exception of tourism and the related industries.

none of us would be isolating - those millions of people heading to social security lines (hilarious isolate whilst in a queue - whose genius plan was that? ) and the doubling of payments thats going to cost the country an absolute fortune would be either not happening at all or much reduced.

we would be quite literally covid free except for the quarantined - and they would be quarantined and not spreading it.

but heres the thing - our government could never do that - our system in based on this weird dynamic of todays profits>this weeks profits>> this months profits >>>> this quarters profits>>>>>>>>this years profits>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this election cycles profits

and there is no way - a decision that is clearly going to take a short term hit for long term, the countries finances being better of by gawd knows how much because we view things through this economic prism that is so distorted it bears no resemblance to reality

Agree with everything you've said there Al.

If it was up to me, I would have shut the borders years ago.

However! Playing 20/20 hindsight is not what is concerning me at the moment.

This is about killing off lots of people, quite possibly your mum and dad and maybe even you, in the mistaken belief it will reduce the profit hit for major corporations and the more sinister reality that our Neoliberal nations are currently early-stage fascist states and our leaders will use this opportunity to increase their already draconian powers.

Was it absolutely necessary to post that bit mate? And on a friday arvo, no less.

I need it explained to me as I'm shitting my pants.

tenor.gif

Agree with everything you've said there Al.

If it was up to me, I would have shut the borders years ago.

However! Playing 20/20 hindsight is not what is concerning me at the moment.

Was it absolutely necessary to post that bit mate? And on a friday arvo, no less.

Well in his case it was 20/20 foresight

But hey keep calling him an astrologer.

ive known him since about 1994- met him when i was a pretty hard right type and softened over the years to a centre right when i started arguing politics online with him on a forum like this.

ive watched everything he predicted to come true - over that time i had my core political beliefs become blasted away.

time and time again ive seen for myself that the ogliarchy that control our country and others see this as a great game and us as pawns to be sacrificed.

i dont doubt that if we could rewind to january - scotty would be allowed to block the borders with quarantines as our real leaders would see a longer term view.

but the absolute incontrovertible truth is - scotty from marketing was told this would happen by epidemiologists - was told how to stop it - and has chosen not to.

you can see articles going back weeks and weeks with medical experts telling him what was going to happen and he has chosen to ignore them or do the bare minimum.
You have to ask yourself why?

heres a man who was roundly panned for his response to the bushfires - who had the perfect story arc for redemption. The man who saved the nation!! Hed smash the next couple of elections - labor might as well field a stuffed animal.

i can see a puff piece just before an election now where he says that he himself had to look in the mirror after the fires and when covid was coming and he swore to himself that this time he was going to be in front of it. Bit of self deprecation whilst everyone is patting him on the back - 6 point jump in the polls the next day.

australia dodges the bullet etc etc etc

Why didnt he take this option? By the time italy took off why not then at least?

you have to ask your self why - the answer is that the head of our government - our “leader” is told what he can and cant do.

Either that or hes an utter incompetent.

choose one.....

Last edited:

Not Practical is a bit of a lazy excuse IMO. Some of the Asian Nations were very quick in there response to the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back