Things I’ve done today:

• Wiped out a wok (not a euphemism)
• Won back to back online games of FIFA20 for the first time
• Cuddled my dog (not a euphemism)
• Watched ‘The People versus Larry Flynt’
• Checked my scalp for ringworm

#coronablues > #carltonblues
Umm how for 5.

A fair chunk of that would be in buildings they own (so you know, churches) and since Francis has become Pope, I'm fairly confident that they've been spending a lot more on charity then what they already were.

The Catholic Church spend s**t loads in Australia on charitable projects that a lot of people directly or indirectly benefit from. Sikhs in Melbourne go to pray in a literal shipping container with some of the worst portable toilets I've ever seen in my life and a kitchen that would be the size of my computer room yet still do a lot for the community. Jews and Muslims mostly keep to themselves but do spend a fair bit on community projects. Jews in Melbourne spend a lot on maintaining suburbs they have a presence in like Thomastown and Balaclava to name a few.

Those religions, aside from the Sikhs, have money but they give it away more then they keep it and spend it on worthwhile causes for the most part. Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons and Scientologists would be getting millions upon millions and shipping lots of that back to the US with barely anyone in this country getting any benefit from it.

I'm all for religions paying taxes to a certain extent but you can't say it's black and white when some religions do spend a lot of their money to improve the lives of people when other religious groups literally do what everyone accuses the Catholic Church of doing and go completely under the radar for it.

They’re not singling out Catholic church’s alone when they complain about religions escaping tax btw.

if they wanted to help society, they would pay taxes...

I mean where do they think hospitals and social security services come from?

someone mentioned they could get tax exemptions for charitable donations. I believe that’s already a thing. If Jeff bezos wants to build a hospital for sick children in Zambia he writes it off.

Well I know what I'm in the mood for.

They’re not singling out Catholic church’s alone when they complain about religions escaping tax btw.

if they wanted to help society, they would pay taxes...

I mean where do they think hospitals and social security services come from?

someone mentioned they could get tax exemptions for charitable donations. I believe that’s already a thing. If Jeff bezos wants to build a hospital for sick children in Zambia he writes it off.
Lol Jeff Bezos doesn't pay tax. You make me laff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pope Francis has raised eyebrows after appearing to offer his support to Cardinal George Pell, making comments about people who “suffer” due to a miscarriage of justice.

The Pope made comments in his Tuesday morning mass today, just hours after the High Court overturned Pell’s conviction.

He then repeated similar comments again on Twitter, comparing the suffering of those wrongly accused to the persecution of Jesus.

Blimey these blokes have been getting away with s**t for centuries and nothing has changed with their influence on our world leaders and using their power for evil.

'Couldn't be convicted beyond reasonable doubt' is so so far from 'innocent person suffering from a miscarriage of justice'.

The absolute nicest thing you can say about George Pell based on today's verdict is 'he's only probably a child molester'.

Holy s**t, you're from Burra? No wonder you just said something so insanely stupid.

I'm also from Burra but I got out.

That's cool, there wasn't a wall around the Town last time i was there.
So the 7 high court judges that unanimously dismissed the charges are stupid/corrupt?
They said that there was reasonable doubt and that is all Bolt ever claimed.
Just seems like people are happy to lock up Catholics without any evidence which is disturbing, then you get proven wrong by the highest court in the land and double down because "$$$$$"
Its lazy.

Back to beer talk, always around Easter I'm drawn to Kilkenny
That stuff goes down real smooth. Very easy to knock back a few very quickly.

So the 7 high court judges that unanimously dismissed the charges are stupid/corrupt?
Just seems like people are happy to lock up Catholics without any evidence which is disturbing, then you get proven wrong by the highest court in the land and double down because "$$$$$"
Its lazy.

LOL he got off because the more money you have, the more you are able to stretch the definition of reasonable doubt.

And yes, given that, they are indeed stupid and corrupt.

'Couldn't be convicted beyond reasonable doubt' is so so far from 'innocent person suffering from a miscarriage of justice'.

The absolute nicest thing you can say about George Pell based on today's verdict is 'he's only probably a child molester'.

No s**t, that is the standard to be found guilty, therefore he is innocent.
By your definition, you are as much a pedophile as Pell, anybody could accuse you tomorrow and unless you have an alibi for every minute of your adult life 'you're only probably a child molester

Its lazy.
He’s a ******* pedo, who protected other pedos.

he payed his way out.

i hope he rots in your hell.

By your definition, you are as much a pedophile as Pell, anybody could accuse you tomorrow and unless you have an alibi for every minute of your adult life 'you're only probably a child molester
Hi George.

Stop ******* kids please.

Watching NCIS and the medical examiner Palmer said something like - well that would make her pissed off enough to want to kill him.

Reckon that is the first time Ive heard an America say pissed off and not just - pissed - when they are angry on a TV show or a film.

Must have an Aussie helping to write the script. Or a writer knows an Aussie.

It's pretty damn easy to not be accused as a child molester. What do you reckon the chances are that you get accused of fiddling MULTIPLE TIMES whilst being innocent?

It's pretty damn easy to not be accused as a child molester. What do you reckon the chances are that you get accused of fiddling MULTIPLE TIMES whilst being innocent?

About the same odds as the Immaculate Conception and the Virgin Birth both happening within the span of about 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back