Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Does anyone know if Australian passport holders will be allowed in Australia from Europe/USA if their domicile is Europe/USA?
There's no current ruling I'm aware of that would keep you out. At this stage, you'd need a 14 day quarantine in a hotel.

Where is the pandemic in Sweden, it didn't close up the borders or schools, it did not close up its business and put everyone out of work, it applied some social distance measures but was not compulsory and whilst it death rate is higher than its nordic cousins it is still way lower than France, UK, Belgium, Ireland and a few other countries with every measure under the sun applied.

In theory the model that we used to close everything down here should have seen 50-100,000 dead in Sweden.

It also has the added bonus of course of probably immunity to its population.
Why don't you come up with your own counterpoints to your opinions?

Stockholm is the size of Adelaide. It has population density of a quarter of London's. Sweden is general is relatively sparsely populated, one of the reasons to compare to their Nordic neighbours.

Immunity is not a certainty, not even a probable, at this stage.

Why don't you come up with your own counterpoints to your opinions?

Stockholm is the size of Adelaide. It has population density of a quarter of London's. Sweden is general is relatively sparsely populated, one of the reasons to compare to their Nordic neighbours.

Immunity is not a certainty, not even a probable, at this stage.

that may be true, but it has an urban population of around 88%, probably very similar to here.

notice you didn't have an answer about peoples livelihood, they get to keep theirs in Sweden

people who have worked hard all their lives building their own business have seen it destroyed

I ask again where is the pandemic in Sweden ?.

Only to countries under control and widespread testing.

NZ and pacific islands from July.

Taiwan and South Korea as well.

No to China, USA, UK & most of Europe until April 2021 at least.
It would depend who, those first mentioned countries opened their borders to as well , I'm guessing. There's going to be a few dodgy places out there, where they might believe it's under control but in reality who knows, and if there is any doubt of CV getting back here before there is a proper treatment or vaccine, there is no way we are going to take any risk and have to lock down again, I would have thought.

If Aus and NZ have gotten rid of it and open borders, but NZ open to say Fiji (for example) who think they don't have it....who knows what is lurking in some of the villages. Too much of a risk? what do we do then..say no to NZ?

Are we going to have to isolate when we return from overseas? 2 weeks holed up at home after a trip would put a lot off from going in the first place.

Last edited:
He made his choice. Strangely you and yebiga show a callousness to those who have no choice in whether they die.

we make that decision every year collectively as a society and i see no app for a disease that is going to kill way more Australians this year and every other year

it seems we care about one thing and one thing only

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we make that decision every year collectively as a society and i see no app for a disease that is going to kill way more Australians this year and every other year

it seems we care about one thing and one thing only
People who die at their own hand make the choice. My sympathy is for those who cannot choose.

I think a far better app to save lives would be one that outs pedos within a 20 metre range.

Good news little fellas.WA and me plan to increase iron ore exports by 40% to help avoid financial issues regards the Australian economy. Billions of dollars right there.
Also four plane loads of Australian expats coming to Perth.One from Malaysia arrived today,one from South Africa ,one from India and one from France .We are getting very few new cases so have to import them I suppose .All good
20200426_092011.jpg

This hills in this pic are not natural they are about 0.5% of the mounds from an underground silver mine I drove to yesterday .The size and scale of the mining operations here defie logical comprahension.

I'm not going to feel guilty over some nutter deciding to top himself.

And nor should you

So why get all uppity when we know how anyone who dies and may have some Covid symptom or knew someone who met someone who may have been to China is categorised as a Covid mortality.

Those who question whether this is a justified pandemic will also claim they are not being callous. Do the numbers below justify erasing every civil right?
Quarantine is for those that are sick or suspected with good reason of being sick with something contagious. There is no word for quarantining the whole populace. There are towns all over Australia without a single case - why were they too quarantined?

It is beyond belief how trusting and compliant you guys are. Fishing? Golf?

There will be hell to pay for this.

Of course. That's the new world we live in. Some of the old ways won't return for up to a generation.

Yes.

It's time for the tourism and education industry to become more 'sustainable'. There was little difference over the past 5 years from going down to the great ocean road, to going to university. Both were swarmed with internationals, over and above what could be considered reasonable.

For tourism it would not have been viable long term to keep those numbers up as the infrastructure and natural landmarks some were visiting were under immense pressure from truck loads of tourists.

For universities, ask anyone who completed a undergraduate or other degree in the past 10 years and not hear horror stories of uni's famed 'group work' which normally got you paired up with a dud or 2, and left you doing all of the work. $$$ are king for universities, but if they can't find a funding model that doesn't rely on overseas students, they will be toast.

It's a genuine fork in the road moment for Aus. Set ourselves up right for low-medium prosperity for the next 25-50 years, or try and replace how things were and place ourselves in the same predicament down the road.

Good news little fellas.WA and me plan to increase iron ore exports by 40% to help avoid financial issues regards the Australian economy. Billions of dollars right there.
Also four plane loads of Australian expats coming to Perth.One from Malaysia arrived today,one from South Africa ,one from India and one from France .We are getting very few new cases so have to import them I suppose .All good
View attachment 866497

This hills in this pic are not natural they are about 0.5% of the mounds from an underground silver mine I drove to yesterday .The size and scale of the mining operations here defie logical comprahension.

Hasn't the price of iron ore tanked hard over the past year or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back