Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here’s the classic text-book case of the perfect tackle unrewarded.
Not only unrewarded but paid the other way - to the player who was clearly and absolutely caught holding the ball!!

Go to the 13.12 minute mark of the last quarter - Coll v Ess.
Callum Brown is tackled perfectly - he’s caught holding the ball with only one hand free. Orthodox holding the ball because he can’t legitimately dispose of the ball. So he just holds onto it waiting for the whistle and a ball up. But the stupid umpire actually goes further and gives a free for a dangerous tackle - which it clearly isn’t.

This footage should be shown to all umpires. They have to be told to award the tackler or get another job - perhaps as a parking inspector or lollypop man.

Hawthorn 69 tackles 0 free kicks. Essendon 1 tackle 1 free kick within the first minute of the match :drunk:

As much as I hate to say it they should have had about 3 in the last passage of play before that last goal. Some shockers let go against the pies just then

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not only unrewarded but paid the other way - to the player who was clearly and absolutely caught holding the ball!!

Callum Brown is tackled perfectly - he’s caught holding the ball with only one hand free. Orthodox holding the ball because he can’t legitimately dispose of the ball. So he just holds onto it waiting for the whistle and a ball up. But the stupid umpire actually goes further and gives a free for a dangerous tackle - which it clearly isn’t.

This footage should be shown to all umpires. They have to be told to award the tackler or get another job - perhaps as a parking inspector or lollypop man.

Even the commentators don’t understand this basic rule. One of them suggests no prior opportunity!
That of course is crap because he didn’t have the ball held to him !! The player himself clasps the ball to his chest with one hand - no one else holds the ball. This is the type of issue Clarkson was talking about - the perfect tackle unrewarded, in fact penalised.
And the commentators are clueless.
How idiotic to suggest that if a player continues to hold the ball with one hand when the other arm is held in a tackle - then it’s no prior opportunity.
There needs to be a re-education process - start with the umpires and move onto the commentators (and in the process sack that faux excitable imbecile BT).

Well leave out a tall next week who’s much better than cox. This is a team with serious salary cap issues

I’ll wait to see if we can bring consistency and improve over the season, but there’s no reason our guys can’t be right in this years premiership

And David King remains the worst analyst in the game saying Phillips was one of the BOG tonight...

His whopping 11 touches at 50% with 0 goals, 0 goal assists, 2 marks and 13 hit outs... Not getting completely shat on by a better player does not make you BOG

One of the most disgraceful decisions I've ever seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well leave out a tall next week who’s much better than cox. This is a team with serious salary cap issues

I’ll wait to see if we can bring consistency and improve over the season, but there’s no reason our guys can’t be right in this years premiership
Don't wanna get ahead of this week, but if the Pies bring that we will spank them.

Pies have got to have the worst fwd line rolling around. Like I do not rate the bombers forwards outside Stringer and Tippa but they at least get involved eg Townsend who tackles. Pies have De Goey who is so up and down and Stephenson who’s the exact same. Elliott goes ok but out of form. But the key men Mihocek & Cox literally do a couple good things a game and nothing else. Amazing thing is the next options are even worse Darcy Cameron Jesus

Pies have got to have the worst fwd line rolling around. Like I do not rate the bombers forwards outside Stringer and Tippa but they at least get involved eg Townsend who tackles. Pies have De Goey who is so up and down and Stephenson who’s the exact same. Elliott goes ok but out of form. But the key men Mihocek & Cox literally do a couple good things a game and nothing else. Amazing thing is the next options are even worse Darcy Cameron Jesus
They are also terrible at kicking across most of their team. I couldn’t see them been a flag favourite due to poor skills and awful forwards. Watch them land Jeremy Cameron in the off season though.

31 hit outs for collingwood to 8 from Essendon

Yet the Bombers are up 10 clearances... No one can tell me ruckmen are not overrated.
Yep. Pure tap ruckman who cant move aroubd the ground are dead.
And David King remains the worst analyst in the game saying Phillips was one of the BOG tonight...

His whopping 11 touches at 50% with 0 goals, 0 goal assists, 2 marks and 13 hit outs... Not getting completely shat on by a better player does not make you BOG
Thought his defensive efforts to crush Grundy and make him ineffective was huge.

Watching Grundy tonight two things struck me.
1. His reputation like Goldstein, allows him to be untouchable in technique and grappling.
2. There is no point t him winning the tap if his midfielders don't know where to run. So ineffecrive are his ruck wins. I thought Philipps did well and made Grundy earn it.

On a wider note, Collingwood have a fair few who you wouldn't want be in a battle with. Definitely believe they think all the have to do is turn yp given the plaudits the media have praised d them with (De Gooey, Adams, Mihcek, Elliott, Hoskin-Elliott).

Win Sunday and we are right in this season

Admittedly I didn't see the game last night, but was it similar to Renouf in the 08 grand final?
Almost tagging the opposition's dominant Rickman?

why is football failing? just look at the scores. 5 goals to 3 goals. that's a quarter time score, not a half time score. :thumbsdown:
It's only this year.
Extra break between goals, longer 1/4 And 3/4 time breaks, shorter quarters. There's little time for players to fatigue, and it's showing.

Previously, game would break open around 15-20 mins of quarters. Now quarters are ending before that happens

Couldn't agree more . Like Mumford last week who was a 6'8 punching bag , GWS win and its because he 'competed' well against Grundy .
I thought he was a liability.

Same last night . Their mids like GWS just sharked to Grundy , we will do the same and you would be stupid not too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back