Autopsy Roos lose to the Dogs - Round 5, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Effective disposals
Jed - 64%
Zurhaar - 54%
Higgins - 57%
Hall - 40%
Polec - 46%
Only one of these guys plays on the inside where you’re always under pressure.

Honestly don’t get the hate. There’s 5 blokes (not Talking about the ones above; except Hall) that need to be dropped before him
Please don’t bring logic here.

Talking with my mates and the Doggies played a real system game tonight while we relied on our guns to try and dig us out. But that's actually a positive because Beveridge has had years to build a side that plays his brand of football. Shaw hasn't had that luxury. Him and Brady will seriously swing the hedge trimmers and make a topiary out of the wild mess this list has become.

Does anyone genuinely believe a pacy and skilled half-back like Rhyce Shaw is happy seeing us move the footy through Pittard, Macmillan and Williams? Give him a chance to get his boys in and the quicker we get rid of the Bradbots who lack athleticism, skill and creativity the better we'll be for it in the long term. Even if that means we're bottom four this year and next and lose a mature age gun or two. We'll get closer to a flag building something real than trying to skate on a few seniors dragging us over the line each week.

well said mate . The list is a mess. a total utensil up

I was really pessimistic on us preseason. And disappointed with our mid table finishes in 2018 and 2019. I had hope after the gws win but the first qrt of the Syd year game showed me it was the same old north.

I don’t think this is a coach thing. It’s the players. The same players make the same mistakes and give the same inconsist results. We are still slow and still deplorable in basic skills.

The worst thing we can do from a list perspective is to fight it out and finish 9th like we usually do. We need to have a good look at the list and see if some youngsters can be part of the future, maximise draft pick position and protect the older boys.

Ziebell - never starts pre season until Jan. Keep him sidelined for the rest of the year. Get him right and start preseason day 1.

Brown - protect and get him right.

Tazz and Higgins - as above

Hall should never play for North again. Jmac needs to be phased out.

Bonar should be given the rest of the season. I’d be happy to have Ahern play I’m his preferred position as an inside mid. Bailey Scott should be in. Walker once his fitness is up and LDU too.

Forget results, just play fast attacking football.

The sole focus for the rest of the season HAS to be improving the list.

There are some reasons to be optimistic for the future. Simpkin obviously. Taylor obviously. And Hayden has done some really good things.

But the list needs a major overhaul and we need to know where we are at. The one positive is that we now know.

We are the most predictable team in the comp coming out of defense. Bomb it long to a contest every time. Have no run off half back. Lack composure in the back half. Tarrant is our best decision maker out of defense and he is the full back. We are about three quality medium/small defenders short. Hopefully Hayden can grow into his role and give us something that we lack. We are crying out for a Zac Williams type. At the other end we are poor at defending the oppositions run out of our forward line. Can't play both Brown and Xerri in the same team, they are statues when the opposition have it. Playing an injured Ben10 down there only made us more exposed. Zurhaar and Thomas need to offer way more defensively. Taylor is a gem. Smart, tough and a good user. If Larkey is still unfit next week I hope they give Hosie a crack at it. Also that should have been Hall's farewell game for the club, no where near AFL standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hosie, Durdin, Murphy, Scott should all be getting solid look in's. Bulldogs were good, but thats not what you need to highlight. You need to highlight why it is that we have been so s**t. And quickly.

I think the one thing that this club has strived on is also the club's downfall. Being the 'battler'. Needs to be pushed out. We want to be feared, not just a 'competitive side'.

That means a lot of players need to up their level of football since they seem to be ok with 'battling' rather than playing better than anyone they go up against.

I would bet my dick that 90% of Anderson’s turnovers came from having to attempt a 15% kick because our forward line was littered with Dogs defenders.

We were outworked at both ends and our clearances (apart from the first two in the final quarter) gave us nothing to work with.

Once they break our lines at half back (which was too easy for them as we sat off them at the stoppages) they can draw a defender a handball / chip over the top and end up with a no pressure inside 50 kick.

If Anderson gets that sort of space, and our forwards have that sort of space to work into, he’ll hit targets.

His role in and around the stoppages is what he should be looking at.

But I’d be far more worried about the concentration /work ethic of Polec, Hall and whoever else is playing a ‘second line’ role at stoppages.
Disagree. There a number of incidents over the last two weeks alone that he has had the ball in the middle on his own and a leading player on their own comping towards him. On each occasion he has kicked it over their head. Repeatedly.

Whole club can have a serious look at themselves.

How was Cunnington selected to play?

I couldn’t give a fu** if he said ‘I’m right’...blind Freddy could see he was cooked in the first contest.

Two way running not a thing of the past, because we haven’t been good at it in the last 10 years.

I hate being negative towards the club but playing Cunners tonight is just downright embarrassing. We’re not playing for a spot in the f$)king finals!

I think the one thing that this club has strived on is also the club's downfall. Being the 'battler'. Needs to be pushed out. We want to be feared, not just a 'competitive side'.

That means a lot of players need to up their level of football since they seem to be ok with 'battling' rather than playing better than anyone they go up against.

This is exactly what Brad Scott said in his introductory presser.

We just need good players who can hit targets. Then we can call ourselves whatever we like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back