• 43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of thoughts on today's game.

Firstly Port have a great balance of inside and outside right now. I don't think our inside is nearly as good even with Prestia or Cotchin but with those players we at least make those numbers look a lot better. You can probably add Edwards into that mix too.

We have seen good signs from Pickett, Egg, Ross and some of these newer likes but the bottom line is - at the business end, it will be the experienced players like Dave, Cotch, meatballs and Shedda that will be the key to unlocking the next flag. Those other likes will not be able to carry us to a flag. Tonight we saw Balta beaten by a more seasoned forward, he's been excellent and I think he will stay in the team but Astbury's experience was needed.

Next up which was a massive gripe of mine tonight was playing Caddy in the middle to little impact. It astounds me how coaches these days will take a natural forward, all australian squad member in Josh out of the forward half and chuck him across the wing and into the midfield. I know we are devoid of options but this guy is a goal kicking forward. A smart half forward who can pinch hit in the middle. We have butchered him the past 2 seasons playing him in a role that doesn't suit. I understand we can't go too tall up forward but Cads needs to be spending at least 50/50 time forward and midfield if we're gettting the best out of him. Right now we are not.

Contrary to many I thought Dan Rioli was a lot better then previous games, talent doesn't go away. He's still got plenty to offer us - made a few blunders but feel will get there.

Also I don't know if it's me only but it seems Grimes is really fumbly with the ball on the deck lately. Countless times he just couldn't pick up the ball cleanly. This has been happening for a few weeks too and if you notice carefully, it's costing us a little in defence.

I've wanted to avoid posting, but I just saw the replay of the free kick against Dusty that led to the double 50.

Can I get a straight answer here...

In what ******* universe is that holding the ball?!

He picked it up, he was immediately double tackled with not even an ounce of prior, the ball was knocked out in the tackle.

Which part of that is holding the ball? Which bloody part?

11 frees for a whole game. Seriously that is some one sided bullshit right there. Despite Port playing better, what can you do against that?

Not disappointed, Port were red hot and kept with them for 3 quarters with an under strength side.

Spot on, how many senior players missing for Port. We might not have won however hard not to be pleased with that effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back