Traded Jesse Hogan [Traded to GWS for Pick #54]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • GWS

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not popular with some on our board for saying he is a good chance to not play for us in 2022.

The bloke has certainly had some bad cards dealt to him and hasn't so far been able to get it to work with us as a result.

I'd absolutely trade him this year if someone offered something half decent.
What would you consider as half decent?

I'm not popular with some on our board for saying he is a good chance to not play for us in 2022.

The bloke has certainly had some bad cards dealt to him and hasn't so far been able to get it to work with us as a result.

I'd absolutely trade him this year if someone offered something half decent.
I'd take a punt on him law of averages says something has to work in our favour eventually.

What would you consider as half decent?
Anything first round.

Wouldn't bother taking a 2nd because I'd rather roll with the small hope he comes good. Anything in the first round and I think I'd take it.
I'd take a punt on him law of averages says something has to work in our favour eventually.
Well I think that Daniels was basically telling everyone he is available if anyone is interested. Could be a masterstoke if you get him going.

The Brisbane Lions could be a potential new home

He played his junior footy up there, plus I think Chris Fagan is the fatherly figure type of coach that could keep him on the straight and narrow (provided his body holds up)
Would be good to see him straighten himself out.

Maybe a place Like Brisbane would be good for him. It seems to be working for Bennell at the moment

Anything first round.

Wouldn't bother taking a 2nd because I'd rather roll with the small hope he comes good. Anything in the first round and I think I'd take it.

Well I think that Daniels was basically telling everyone he is available if anyone is interested. Could be a masterstoke if you get him going.
No chance a club gives up a 1st round for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Brisbane Lions could be a potential new home

He played his junior footy up there, plus I think Chris Fagan is the fatherly figure type of coach that could keep him on the straight and narrow (provided his body holds up)

They have good surf in QLD which should help the lad but yes Fagan would be a great mentor for him.

I still stand he is one of the most talented players the MFC has seen in a long time and if can find the motivation and a clear path in his life then he can still make it. I really hope he does.

For years Freo were looking for a key forward. Finally they got Hogan and gave up pick 6 for him. Pick 6 ended up at the Gold Coast and they selected Ben King with it.

How about we keep him then?

Because you dont want him? If you did he would be playing FF this week.

I tend to think a move to St Kilda would be best for him as well as Bulldogs. Bulldogs definetly could do with taking the punt. In a comprimised draft, if they give up a 1st round pick, itd be a win for both sides

I tend to think a move to St Kilda would be best for him as well as Bulldogs. Bulldogs definetly could do with taking the punt. In a comprimised draft, if they give up a 1st round pick, itd be a win for both sides

For the first time in our history our KPF depth will be absolutely stacked. No chance we take the punt.

Any other time we would have though. Several clubs should be in his ear though.

For the first time in our history our KPF depth will be absolutely stacked. No chance we take the punt.

Any other time we would have though. Several clubs should be in his ear though.

TBH I think he is actualy KP depth in general and can play wherever. Im not sure a team with Ryan Gardner parading about is one whose got any real depth in the KP spots im afraid. It is still the weakness of the side

TBH I think he is actualy KP depth in general and can play wherever. Im not sure a team with Ryan Gardner parading about is one whose got any real depth in the KP spots im afraid. It is still the weakness of the side

Pretty good point you make. I haven't seen enough of Hogan as a defender to warrant making a huge play for him. Think there are other KPD's available to address the depth issue we have in the backline though.

If he was cheap enough and happy to play full back I wouldn't say no. Just think he will be looked at more heavily by Brisbane, Collingwood and Essendon who will need a KPF.

Assistants have come out & said he hasnt been playing cause of injury and weather. Which is fair.

Freo won’t trade him, and he won’t ask for a trade, given his home sick past

best case - Freo plays him and he comes good (imo he played good footy in the link up role earlier in 2020)

worst case - He doesn’t come good And doesn’t get a contract in 22

For years Freo were looking for a key forward. Finally they got Hogan and gave up pick 6 for him. Pick 6 ended up at the Gold Coast and they selected Ben King with it.
It is painful.

How about we keep him then?
I suspect we will.

Assistants have come out & said he hasnt been playing cause of injury and weather. Which is fair.

Freo won’t trade him, and he won’t ask for a trade, given his home sick past

best case - Freo plays him and he comes good (imo he played good footy in the link up role earlier in 2020)

worst case - He doesn’t come good And doesn’t get a contract in 22
We'd trade him if someone offered something good for him. He's not flying and untradeable, he is playing micky mouse matches split 50/50 forward and defense and even when he did play he didn't kick a goal.

I agree on your best case and worst case.

Back