POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So, he didn't have a weapon on him when he was shot 7 times in the back is what your saying? Also likely? As in he was definately reaching for it? Like 100% was reaching for the knife? Like car couldn't have anything else in it at all? Car was just full of knives. Must of announced this to the police or something?
Why did he resist arrest? In the US, cops can't afford to take chances with idiots like this. They gunned down someone with an arrest warrant before he could do more damage, and good on them for doing so.

Which is why you're more likely to get shot on a sovereign citizens property than a Republican or Democrats.

People forget there's another group out there that doesn't support either party.

The Constitutionalists are always armed and ready to use. They will appear more when private property comes into play.

There are a few groups out there that don't support either party.

But ultimately it's not an issue of being a constitutionalist or not. It's not a US centric issue either. State power is state power.

I'm not a right winger, but I can see they understand this very well. The left should learn from this, rather than pandering to neoliberal reforms that only make themselves weaker.

Yes, I support Americans using kneeling as a form of non-violent protest to highlight the obvious issue in the Not-so United States of how general treatment of people of African American descent (and other non-white races) differs (unless they have money and fame) from that of white people, including being shot at by cops when unarmed. I know I felt the difference when I was in different parts of the States the past two years. There's still a general level of racial segregation to certain areas and suburbs which I don't think helps at all in improving the situation.

Do I understand why (generally) young Australians are so obsessed with what is going on in a country on the other side of the planet when there are so many issues in Australia that could help with this level of interest, energy and enthusiasm. Not really, unless they also have such an interest to get involved in issues faced at home as well as with some serious issues faced within many of the other countries around our world.

So to summarise:

An UNARMED black man is shot in the back 7 times, while getting in the car with his kids. A white teen carrying an AR-16 walks away after killing people.

Same police force, same week.
The same white man who was attacked with a skateboard, had a molotov cocktail thrown at him and was charged at by someone carrying a pistol, shot them all in self defence, and was later arrested? That white man?

Attacked with a skateboard and shot the bloke dead.

Seriously, he shot two people dead and walked away.

According to witness accounts and video footage, police apparently let the young man responsible for the shootings walk past them with a rifle over his shoulder with his hands in the air as members of the crowd were yelling for him to be arrested because he had shot people.

Why did he resist arrest? In the US, cops can't afford to take chances with idiots like this. They gunned down someone with an arrest warrant before he could do more damage, and good on them for doing so.

In the US, resisting arrest is in most states, a misdemeanour.

The penalty for a misdemeanour is not *checks notes* death.

So, the fact he resisted arrest is not relevant. The punishment does not fit the crime.

The same white man who was attacked with a skateboard, had a molotov cocktail thrown at him and was charged at by someone carrying a pistol, shot them all in self defence, and was later arrested? That white man?
Self defence, ffs, take your blinkers off.

No place being there, no right to go heavily armed in an area that he doesn’t reside.

He went there with the intent to cause trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to witness accounts and video footage, police apparently let the young man responsible for the shootings walk past them with a rifle over his shoulder with his hands in the air as members of the crowd were yelling for him to be arrested because he had shot people.
But he was white,so that’s okay.Move along people.

Absolutley disgusting America.

They have open carry laws in that Wisconsin.

Jacob Blake was under arrest.

there must be something severely wrong with their police recruitment and training if 7 officers cant apprehend a single unarmed man without putting 7 bullets in his back like a coward.

There is. They don't get anywhere near enough training. They get little if any physical training. Some have had sensible non-lethal measures banned. So instead of being able to get hold of someone, and having the fitness and skills to control them safely, you either get shot or stabbed, or shoot yourself.

But of course these are the incidents that people choose to get outraged about. When a five year old white boy gets shot and killed by a career criminal - it wasn't even mentioned. And certainly no riots. I'd just ask why not. Is it violence you're against or only when it suits you?

My cousin was stabbed to death by two indigenous kids who wanted to steal his skateboard. Police said don't expect any justice because of their cultural backgrounds.

But he was white so that's ok.

Move along people.
Mmm. I bet that’s not the true and factual story.

Those Indigenous offenders would be incarcerated for that.

They had already wrestled with him to try and restrain him. This all occured behind the cover of the car. That's the problem when videos don't show what has occured before an incident this context is lost.

So you can not see any areas for improvement there ie - 'wrestled withhim to try and restrain him', maybe at this point?

So, its character that defines how the police should react to you, and not actual reality of the situation? How impeccable are we talking here by the way. My sister got a shoplifting charge when she was about 13, you would be ok with the police shooting her?

Did she have warrants out for domestic violence and sexual assault? Did she resist arrest?

Back