Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - HCQ doesn't work - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in Part 4:

They seem like fair titles for premier Andrews.

So not one of you has the guts to attempt to explain this discrepancy?

View attachment 962778

Failures in the aged care sector. Scomo cut the budget when he was treasurer, and the royal commission interim report is titled 'neglect'.

From roughly 65,000-70,000 new cases per day, to perhaps 35,000-40,000 - a 45% reduction in average new cases.

Funny how that doesn't make the ABC news now, when they were crazy to give us American daily updates before.

Even you are so bamboozled by the news you had no idea. lol.

Failures in the aged care sector. Scomo cut the budget when he was treasurer, and the royal commission interim report is titled neglect.
Lol Scomo is to blame for the disaster in the most left wing city of Australia. I guess NSW and QLD don't have elderly people.

Thanks for at least trying though.

Lol Scomo is to blame for the disaster in the most left wing city of Australia. I guess NSW and QLD don't have elderly people.

Thanks for at least trying though.
You should stop trying to adapt Trumpy talking points to fit the Australian political landscape. It's maximum cringe.

Erm the analysis is on the 3000 odd people....not 41, silly billy.
Erm, they’ve extrapolated 41 out to 70,000 despite acknowledging an over 1% false positive rate on 2,900 tested...hmmm. Keep at it.

As yet non-peer reviewed and unpublished. Don’t think this one will fare well.

Erm, they’ve extrapolated 41 out to 70,000 despite acknowledging an over 1% false positive rate on 2,900 tested...hmmm. Keep at it.

Let's see. One of the heads of ANU's health departments, and the Commonwealth Deputy Chief Medical Officer.

Or mcnulty on BigFooty.

I definitely know who to listen to for the Science.

:straining: :$

Erm yeah that's how statistical modelling works silly billy. lol.

In the case of election polling, a few hundred responses are extrapolated out to millions, for example.

41 is the subset...the result of the polling...it's not the statistical pool. That's close to 3000.

Over 1% false positive rate means that instead of 41 the number was 40.6 or something. lol.

Erm yeah that's how statistical modelling works
Yes, just like for Internet posters, there is a large range in QUALITY of statistical modelling.

This is low confidence statistics, as alluded to by other scientists in the article you reproduced.

And I’m sure the authors themselves would acknowledge the limitations in their study. It’s not useless, far far more needs to be done to be sure of anything like those claims.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should stop trying to adapt Trumpy talking points to fit the Australian political landscape. It's maximum cringe.
I have posted facts and figures about Victoria's situation, and requested a response. So far I have only received "but Scomo", as if he is the Victorian premier and not the federal leader of all states and territories. Please feel free to offer a theory of your own outside of "but America, but Scomo, but Karen" on why Victoria has so severely under-performed on the subject (I'm sure Guardian would have released today's talking points by now.)

Yes, just like for Internet posters, there is a large range in QUALITY of statistical modelling.

This is low confidence statistics, as alluded to by other scientists in the article you reproduced.

And I’m sure the authors themselves would acknowledge the limitations in their study. It’s not useless, far far more needs to be done to be sure of anything like those claims.

This ANU study is definitely low quality, yep, such a disreputable university.

lol.

I have posted facts and figures about Victoria's situation, and requested a response. So far I have only received "but Scomo", as if he is the Victorian premier and not the federal leader of all states and territories. Please feel free to offer a theory of your own outside of "but America, but Scomo, but Karen" on why Victoria has so severely under-performed on the subject (I'm sure Guardian would have released today's talking points by now.)
I have posted my theory - as relayed to me by people inside the Covid 19 response apparatus.

Victoria has been through centralisation in the chase for efficiency but this has left it unable to cope with track, trace, isolate.

Australia, and most countries, have ignored the need for a global pandemic response network.

Some countries like the US have dismantled and de-prioritised the bodies that could have helped in their response, meaning slower and less effective response which has leaked out to destinations where Americans travel. Like Australia and the UK. The UK's response has been pathetic in turn, making things much worse elsewhere.

I have posted my theory - as relayed to me by people inside the Covid 19 response apparatus.

Victoria has been through centralisation in the chase for efficiency but this has left it unable to cope with track, trace, isolate.

Australia, and most countries, have ignored the need for a global pandemic response network.

Some countries like the US have dismantled and de-prioritised the bodies that could have helped in their response, meaning slower and less effective response which has leaked out to destinations where Americans travel. Like Australia and the UK. The UK's response has been pathetic in turn, making things much worse elsewhere.

Ah. "Efficiency". Sly little words of the left, used only in order to smear the right. Can you tell us why NSW's long standing Liberal government has not chased "efficiency" too?

Ah. "Efficiency". Sly little words of the left, used only in order to smear the right. Can you tell us why NSW's long standing Liberal government has not chased "efficiency" too?
Because the planned efficiency was simply reduction in costs and services. Therefore it was not efficient.

NSW is not 100% either and lucky to not be in Victoria's position.

Because the planned efficiency was simply reduction in costs and services. Therefore it was not efficient.

NSW is not 100% either and lucky to not be in Victoria's position.

From memory NSW hasn't been as efficient at their chasing of efficiency in cost reductions as Victoria has been over the years. Fortunately the inefficiency makes contact tracing more efficient.

So here come the deaths due to road accidents.

I'm actually not worried about that. People will be driving carefully to avoid standing out like dogs balls to the coppers.

Cops are also saying they are upping the resources to monitor 24/7 (not just boots on ground)

Tide is turning in Europe.

USA CovidCraziness only continuing on because it feeds into the narrative Trump is negligent etc. Mark my words it will evaporate pretty soon after November when Biden wins lol. Notice how the ABC used to have daily updates on the 7pm news bulletins about America's increasing case load etc but now that it is plummeting, there is no news, and while Europe's skyrockets, there isn't nearly as much coverage?

Sure i'll mark them...lol.

I was hoping for a more Victoria-specific response. Having an interest in aviation, my understanding is that Sydney airport is generally the busiest in Australia. According to this source, Brisbane had the busiest airport in the month of June, followed by Sydney:

So by all means hold Trump and Bojo accountable for their own nations, but I'm seeking a reason, any reason, for Victoria's spectacular failure (outside of incompetence of the Andrews government.)

Other states seemed to manage hotel quarantines and aged care facilities quite well in comparison, being proactive instead of reactive.

Tide is turning in Europe.

USA CovidCraziness only continuing on because it feeds into the narrative Trump is negligent etc. Mark my words it will evaporate pretty soon after November when Biden wins lol. Notice how the ABC used to have daily updates on the 7pm news bulletins about America's increasing case load etc but now that it is plummeting, there is no news, and while Europe's skyrockets, there isn't nearly as much coverage?

Are media generally in the habit of reporting good news?

If it bleeds it leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back