Rumour AFL asks WAFC to commit 65 mill to competition over 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Recently sold land around Lathlain Park and Subiaco for a combined 35 mill btw along with our normal profit levels

Sold leasehold land, got you :rolleyes: .... do you think they owned it?

From the Weakened Aus:

Merchandise sales after the club’s 2018 grand final win boomed and membership surged. West Coast made $35m revenue in 2019 from membership and its gate takings, and $14m in corporate hospitality. But this year, with at best a reduced capacity and with most fans missing at games, it will make a “substantial loss” for 2020, according to one source. That likely means a negative financial swing of $10-15m.

Sold leasehold land, got you :rolleyes: .... do you think they owned it?

From the Weakened Aus:

Merchandise sales after the club’s 2018 grand final win boomed and membership surged. West Coast made $35m revenue in 2019 from membership and its gate takings, and $14m in corporate hospitality. But this year, with at best a reduced capacity and with most fans missing at games, it will make a “substantial loss” for 2020, according to one source. That likely means a negative financial swing of $10-15m.

And?. We made 11 mill profit last year...

I highly doubt this

The AFL financial Armageddon didn't end up being as bad as first thought. List sizes are only looking at being reduced by 4 and there is going to be 6-8 clubs that won't require any further assistance than they normally receive from the league

Plus didn't the AFL already get $500m credit?

Yes and there is little to nothing to tell us if they've drawn down on the line of credit beyond this:

A $400m revenue hole and clubs saddled with debts of more than $150m. A governing body likely to lose tens of millions of dollars this year, and up to one in three staff already shown the door or about to be cut loose in the off-season starting next week for many teams. An estimated $300m drawn down on a line of credit.

There was the sale of a a part of Docklands a couple of months back for $60mil.

Yes and there is little to nothing to tell us if they've drawn down on the line of credit beyond this:

A $400m revenue hole and clubs saddled with debts of more than $150m. A governing body likely to lose tens of millions of dollars this year, and up to one in three staff already shown the door or about to be cut loose in the off-season starting next week for many teams. An estimated $300m drawn down on a line of credit.

There was the sale of a a part of Docklands a couple of months back for $60mil.

All done on estimates from months ago... Alot has changed since then.

So this land was on The Eagles or WAFC Balance Sheet?

Its where this $60 mil comes from, I'm questioning your guesstimate OR was it an ABC journo who flew that kite?

WAFC. Eagles have given WAFC hundreds of millions since our inception. WAFC funds are controlled and governed by Nisbett despite his Eagles links. He controls both WAFC and Eagles finances. WAFC has 95 mill in cash assets. 35 mill from land sales, 60 mill is Eagles payments.

You all insanely underestimae how much money we make.

For what its worth, OP has been right on a lot of things said in the past.

Not personal at all, but 1 + 1 only ever makes 2.
Living in Melbourne I'm not across the Perth ABC journos, any idea who they are - I take footy journos comments on financial matters as dubious at best.
The same story was peddled early on in the Melbourne footy media as I recall, different numbers.

IF the AFL are chasing more money, that would be a big story. Particularly given how poorly the WA Premier regards Gil McLachlan.

Not personal at all, but 1 + 1 only ever makes 2.
Living in Melbourne I'm not across the Perth ABC journos, any idea who they are - I take footy journos comments on financial matters as dubious at best.
The same story was peddled early on in the Melbourne footy media as I recall, different numbers.

IF the AFL are chasing more money, that would be a big story. Particularly given how poorly the WA Premier regards Gil McLachlan.

So it’s been reporter as you admit but no one is reporting it... OK then

Reason it’s not in the news right now is Gil refuses to discuss it. It’s well known all WA journalists were barred from entering the hub despite requesting. It’s well known Gil refuses to accept any WA based interviews. Essentially they want to badger him on this but he won’t and the only other party to comment on it is Nisbett who will speak on it once the season is over more then likely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WAFC. Eagles have given WAFC hundreds of millions since our inception. WAFC funds are controlled and governed by Nisbett despite his Eagles links. He controls both WAFC and Eagles finances. WAFC has 95 mill in cash assets. 35 mill from land sales, 60 mill is Eagles payments.

You all insanely underestimae how much money we make.

Mate I well understand how much the Eagles make & give. Its the basis of my contention the business model of WA footy is best in the land, the history & all.
Links are another way of admitting you dont understand the legal structure of the Eagles or the WAFC & their relationship with the AFL.
What is this link that gives Nizzy control over WAFC funds .... simple question !

Mate I well understand how much the Eagles make & give. Its the basis of my contention the business model of WA footy is best in the land, the history & all.
Links are another way of admitting you dont understand the legal structure of the Eagles or the WAFC & their relationship with the AFL.
What is this link that gives Nizzy control over WAFC funds .... simple question !

They are going through a parliamentary inquiry about it in State parliament right now, but essentially he is the financial controller for WAFC, but appointed at a board level. He doesn’t have it as a job title but it’s his role on the WAFC board

I’m a bit confused as to why you think Nisbett wouldn’t control the funds... You don’t think we would give them less if we had no control over it...

Would love you to donate to my charity. Just buy a Ferrari, no questions asked it seems

So it’s been reporter as you admit but no one is reporting it... OK then

Reason it’s not in the news right now is Gil refuses to discuss it. It’s well known all WA journalists were barred from entering the hub despite requesting. It’s well known Gil refuses to accept any WA based interviews. Essentially they want to badger him on this but he won’t and the only other party to comment on it is Nisbett who will speak on it once the season is over more then likely

That was your answer to my question.

I fully accept Gil picks & chooses who he talks to & its Australia wide.

Journos chased Cousins, chased Hird, their failure here reflects on the people/sycophants that fill that space

They are going through a parliamentary inquiry about it in State parliament right now, but essentially he is the financial controller for WAFC, but appointed at a board level. He doesn’t have it as a job title but it’s his role on the WAFC board

I've googled it, cant any evidence of this role. Remembering the WAFC is effectively the State Government.

Not a Commissioner:

I've googled it, cant any evidence of this role. Remembering the WAFC is effectively the State Government.

Unless you own a subscription to The West it’s not visible.. If only free articles and Wikipedia is your source of truth it’s probably not worth discussing anyhting more with you

Enough said...

No wonder Nesbit is referred to as the godfather of football here in WA

No wonder Nesbit is referred to as the godfather of football here in WA

Still needs the commissions approval to provide AFL their funding but he is doing the negotiations and is the one who will put it to the vote so it’s a bit off.

Still needs the commissions approval to provide AFL their funding but he is doing the negotiations and is the one who will put it to the vote so it’s a bit off.

Just think it’s pretty outrageous when so much more could be done for the state of football in this state that they have this sort of money.

still waiting to hear what else it is that they contribute to that’s more important to every level below the eagles and dockers

I’m no fan of Nesbitt and to this day I don’t know how he escaped the guillotine of the cousins era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back