List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

North offers big money: "we have to meet the minimum cap/we've frontloaded deals"

Another club offers big money: "is there even a salary cap?"
Lol we dont have cripps on 900, mcgovern on 800, martin on 700, docherty on 6’s, Curnow on 6’s? the recent williams on 750’s then saad wanting 7-800? Gtfoh You’re talkin close to 5m bananas of the cap in 7 players.. that has to raise questions.. Ive left Murphy out as he’d be on the veterans list

Lol we dont have cripps on 900, mcgovern on 800, martin on 700, docherty on 6’s, Curnow on 6’s? the recent williams on 750’s then saad wanting 7-800? Gtfoh You’re talkin close to 5m bananas of the cap in 7 players.. that has to raise questions.. Ive left Murphy out as he’d be on the veterans list

Is there somewhere where this is published? I never know what opposition players are on and how their contracts are structured but it would be handy to know.

What did they pay Martin and McGovern in their first years?

i’d be very surprised if Kreuzer and Simpson were anywhere near a million combined.. With one of them on the veterans or marc murphy
Vet is only like 100k these days i think.
This both the other guys were above 800k this year.

Betts, Murphy, Ed Curnow, Casboult are 30 and over, they'll phase them out to fit in the kids like Walsh on bigger deals.

I do think after Williams and Saad, their capacity to take on a bumper contract will them move into extreme mode. ie. 104% of the cap one year to pay 96% the next. *which is allowed.

It's essentially betting on internal improvement. If it doesn't come, they can't add much else.

I don't think there is a veterans list anymore, Murphy would be on ok coin. There's rumours back when he signed that Charlie Curnow is on 800k.

It's fine if they are paying these guys, most of the list would be on low end of the scale but if Saad went there it's because they're finalising the side they think will win a flag. Would there be much spare after that?

Is there somewhere where this is published? I never know what opposition players are on and how their contracts are structured but it would be handy to know.
Na, it’s just media speculation, which of course is ok to quote...unless it’s Kane Cornes speaking about our players.

What did they pay Martin and McGovern in their first years?

i’d be very surprised if Kreuzer and Simpson were anywhere near a million combined.. With one of them on the veterans or marc murphy

I reckon Kreuzer was on 600-700. Simpson less than that. No idea on McGovern and Martin but I did hear they were heavily frontloaded especially Martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s interesting that the Neeld GoDeez saga is rolled out but on the flip side there’s the McCartney GoDoggys saga and well we know how that turned out.

We'll know if it all worked out when we start getting called brave.

It’s interesting that the Neeld GoDeez saga is rolled out but on the flip side there’s the McCartney GoDoggys saga and well we know how that turned out.

It's an interesting comparison and didn't completely escape my attention. Coach 1, a long time coach, leaves the list a mess. Coach 2 comes in and gets a lot of players/cliques offside while rebuilding the list. Coach 2 gets the ass and Coach 3 comes in and inherits a list in a MUCH better shape than his predecessor and gets a premiership in short order.

I've said a few times that I think Rawlings is a locked in longer term prospect than Shaw, and that Shaw may well end up being the scapegoat (rightly or wrongly) used for poor performances while we transition the list to a stage where we can eventually compete at the pointy end.

It's an interesting comparison and didn't completely escape my attention. Coach 1, a long time coach, leaves the list a mess. Coach 2 comes in and gets a lot of players/cliques offside while rebuilding the list. Coach 2 gets the ass and Coach 3 comes in and inherits a list in a MUCH better shape than his predecessor and gets a premiership in short order.

I've said a few times that I think Rawlings is a locked in longer term prospect than Shaw, and that Shaw may well end up being the scapegoat (rightly or wrongly) used for poor performances while we transition the list to a stage where we can eventually compete at the pointy end.

And who would that be? No one would have foreseen that Beveridge would win a flag in his second year and was part of a master plan.

If true, Brady hasn't got some untried coach lined up. It's someone with runs on the board. And who would that be? Horse had the chance when Rhyce was signed and hasn't lived in Melbourne for 20 years. Simmo is entrenched in Perth and can win more flags there.

So you're inferring that Brady has Clarkson teed-up for 2022?

Well I certainly have missed those emotions that we experienced when we were playing in those 2014/15 MCG Finals.

Going back further that season of 1993 when we rose from nowhere.

Those that were there will remember it and those that weren’t old enough, well let’s hope this pain enables you to enjoy the same ride

And who would that be? No one would have foreseen that Beveridge would win a flag in his second year and was part of a master plan.

If true, Brady hasn't got some untried coach lined up. It's someone with runs on the board. And who would that be? Horse had the chance when Rhyce was signed and hasn't lived in Melbourne for 20 years. Simmo is entrenched in Perth and can win more flags there.

When's Simmo signed up till, 22?

If a bunch of expert concussion medicos clear him, I’m not going to be deterred by Bigfooty doctors. This guy is a colossus with an incredible pair of hands. There’s your stop gap right there, and we’re in the box seat.

Make it happen Euge!

If a bunch of expert concussion medicos clear him, I’m not going to be deterred by Bigfooty doctors. This guy is a colossus with an incredible pair of hands. There’s your stop gap right there, and we’re in the box seat.

Make it happen Euge!
Definitely worth a crack

No implications. Just noticing a potential path forwards and the similarities to a recent premiership. Although I genuinely do wonder as to whether Brady, or perhaps someone (or multiple) on the board thought that there was every chance the list would need a proper, and potentially messy, rebuild and that it might be extra handy to have a disposable senior coach AKA a rookie on low (by industry standard) wages on a 2 year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back