Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen Wells gets it done because other Clubs are very comfortable dealing with him, because he doesn't behave like he believes being the biggest dick in the room is a KPI.
Admittedly in his favour is that there haven't been many trades that Wells has had to do against the club's wishes. Kelly, Christensen, Caddy and that's probably it.

Speaking of Caddy... wow did that go from chocolates to boiled lollies at lightning speed. 46 goals from a pocket in 2018, now at age 28 not even in the best 22.

Carlton rejected Gibbs' trade request and traded him the following year for two first rounders. GIBBS for two first rounders. you can't say "but that's maximising trade" for Carlton and criticise Essendon for doing the same.

Couple of differences that you might not rate but others (including recruiters) may...

- Carlton supported Gibbs even while the trade was being negotiated (twice). Bombers used their mates in the media to do a hatchet job on Saad, which reportedly made him and his family ropable.
- Gibbs was happy to stay. Saad can't wait to get out.
- Gibbs was contacted. Saad is not.

Didn't Carlton walk Martin to the PSD because they couldn't get a deal done with Gold Coast? Do you think Gold Coast would look favourably on Carlton? Seems like Carlton have more problems getting deals done than Essendon.

GCS were given a million picks from the AFL and also needed to stem an image problem they had with being a prime target for poaching players.
Not only did they have the luxury of being able to either screwing us for a crazy deal or letting him go for nothing, it was in their interest to act "tough" and do so.

If GCS were in a more normal situation, Martin would have been traded for something a little more reasonable.

It's not like Joe Daniher is the first and only player ever to be held to their contract.
So how many other players who didn't get traded were a year away from free agency, hadn't significant injury issues, and had offers of two round picks?

I guess it was worth the gamble seeing as Essendon were in their premiership window..?

Dodo turned down last years 9 and this years 3 in the drafts, and is going to get absolutely nothing close to it this year. Should be sacked on the spot

Nobody in any AFL club, including Essendon want him sacked, but for polar opposite reasons.

Didn't Carlton walk Martin to the PSD because they couldn't get a deal done with Gold Coast? Do you think Gold Coast would look favourably on Carlton? Seems like Carlton have more problems getting deals done than Essendon.

no this had far more to do withGold Coadt making a stand with its players wanting to leave the club.

Just read that he opened up negotiations by asking for Walsh, Curnow or McKay for Saad and that after a number of Carlton rejections he is already onto plan C-D lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admittedly in his favour is that there haven't been many trades that Wells has had to do against the club's wishes. Kelly, Christensen, Caddy and that's probably it.

Its what Wells does around the little stuff that sets him apart, accumulating small advantages by co-operative trades. Geelong are one of the go to partners for getting three way trades done, or for moving picks around the chess board.

Indeed, one of the possible ways the Saad trade can go is for Carlton to go to Geelong with pick 7 and get creative. Another way is that 7 isn't in play at all for Saad. I am informed by somebody closer to the action than I am that there is still a very secret bigger fish who's pretty close to the boat.

Its what Wells does around the little stuff that sets him apart, accumulating small advantages by co-operative trades. Geelong are one of the go to partners for getting three way trades done, or for moving picks around the chess board.

Indeed, one of the possible ways the Saad trade can go is for Carlton to go to Geelong with pick 7 and get creative. Another way is that 7 isn't in play at all for Saad. I am informed by somebody closer to the action than I am that there is still a very secret bigger fish who's pretty close to the boat.
Cameron?

You don’t think dodoro refusing to trade Daniher last year didn’t piss joe off a bit and have a effect on his wanting to leave now also there is something wrong with sadd wanting to leave already

I'd say personal choice, general direction of the club, location of the club, coaching and medical staff would be greater factors than the list manager.

Also, doesn't Dodoro refusing to trade Daniher last year (and any fallout from that) indicate that Daniher was already willing to leave, before Dodoro did or didn't do anything?

Getting two extra top 10 picks is huge for a club

This is very true. Saints gave 10 and 68 to Hawthorn for future first (pick 8) 23 (26) and 39 which turned one pick into Coffield, Long and Battle.

With Clark and Paton from that draft we have who are now immediate top 22, with Clark Coffield and Battle potential A graders.

Reckon 7 is required and essendon might try to split their 6 with geelong to beat you to the post.... I'd propose a 3 way trade between the clubs.

Carlton in's - Saad, 33 (Geel), 41 (ess). Carl out's pick 7 and 27. Values saad around pick 11 (fair for some getting a 5 year contract for 3+ mil)
Geelong in's - 6 (ess), 7 and 27 (both carl). Geelongs out's 11,13, 16-19 (depending on finishing order)and constable. Values constable in the mid 40's
Essendon in's- Constable, 11, 13, 16-19 (all from Geelong). Essendon out's 6, 41 and saad.

happy to throw a future 3rd rounder from essendon to Carlton and get a future 4th back if they need the ego win to get it over the line

Getting two extra top 10 picks is huge for a club
This is very true. Saints gave 10 and 68 to Hawthorn for future first (pick 8) 23 (26) and 39 which turned one pick into Coffield, Long and Battle.

With Clark and Paton from that draft we have who are now immediate top 22, with Clark Coffield and Battle potential A graders.

Essendon are already in the window though :oops: - they don't need pesky rookies

That is true, and also in terms of the fact that Geelong tends to get its key business done early and doesn't hold up trade week for it.

Most of the bigger Geelong deals I can recall - Dangerfield, Tuohy, Henderson, Kelly mk2 - were all done pretty early on in the trade period. The only exception to that rule that comes to mind is Ablett, and of course Kelly mk1 - but that was slightly different as a timed-out deal just meant staying another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back