2020 Grand Final Thread - Richmond v Geelong - Gabba

Who Wins The 2020 Premiership? Margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read an interview with Benny Gale where he responds to allegations that Richmond have become arrogant

No we’re not he says, we’re actually very humble

If you were truly humble you’d say “Thank you for the feedback, we don’t want to be seen as arrogant, we will take that on board”

Instead he says it’s driven the playing group to prove people wrong

Hmm sounds like arrogance to me

Have you forgotten his last final for us? He was absolutely elite. While most of our team were shitting the bed around him he almost single handedly dragged us over the line.
That's because he knew he was leaving, ask Geelong supporters how good he has been in finals.

Dangerfield looked dead inside after the game. He looked a bit off most the game to be honest. He failed the crows, he failed Geelong and he will go down as a player without a premiership, and he knows it.
To be fair, I think his hit on Vlaustin shook him.

Have you forgotten his last final for us? He was absolutely elite. While most of our team were shitting the bed around him he almost single handedly dragged us over the line.
It doesn’t matter. You’re constructing a standpoint that you can play with.

I'll take Shane Edwards at the Crows thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have given him the Norm Smith if Dustin didn't keep kicking assy goals.

Geelong had their opportunities in that game. Should have been 30 points up at half time minimum instead of 15. When you leave Richmond in a game you are finished. Very similar to the 1998 grand final game where north didn't take their opportunities in the first half and we ran over them in the 2nd. Grand final was last week and although I cant't stand port they were almost inseparable to Richmond all year and would have beaten Geelong tonight had they made it.

They aren’t even close. Look at the standard the last few years. Brisbane and hawks or even prime Geelong would eat this Richmond team alive.
Dustin Martin is why they’re so good

Yeah Nah, I reckon you’re completely underselling the Tigers here. You absolutely don’t win 3 flags in 4 years if you aren’t a very ******* good team. Their style may not please the eye, but it’s ******* effective. Martin might be a generational player but you still don’t win those flags without players like Houli, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Edwards, Grimes, Lynch etc. They deserve to be recognised as one the all time great teams.

I don't get the hatred for Danger anymore, I was all for hoping he failed at Geelong right up until we s**t the bed in the 2017 GF after we beat them in the prelim. We'll never get back to the GF before he retires, so I can't see how him winning a flag affects our chances, especially considering that had he left us for Geelong earlier in his career (a la Gunston, Davis) he'd already have one.

When he left I badly wanted us to win one before he did but we had our chance and didn't. Watching him have a bad game doesn't make me feel better about that.

Back