Threeway deal:
Geelong: Higgins
Pies: 30
Us: Stephenson

Threeway deal:
Geelong: Higgins
Pies: 51
Us: Stephenson, 30

Assuming we take Stephensons full salary and I'd be sold.
We may need to tip in a late pick to sell the dream.

The Pies board is absolutely delusional over Stephenson.

Not one of them realise that they are in a massive salary dump? Everyone on there are completely dumbfounded that he may leave? Pies should demand 2 first rounders?

Complete lack of awareness of what’s going on. Yes, he may not want to leave, but omg read between the lines, pies want him off the books. They have little to no leverage, that’s the situation they are in.

Pies would even pay some of his salary to have Stephenson moved on. Be realistic haha

Port with the steal Aliir Aliir.

What a bargain.

If you told me 12 months ago that we will lose Brown, Higgins, delist 11 other players and that we are picking up Stephenson, I would have laughed you all the way to the * board.

Port with the steal Aliir Aliir.

What a bargain.

Future 2nd isn't a bad pick though. Good Allir is better, bad Allir much worse.

Why is Rawlings rated so highly after being hugely influential in the West Coast flag list build and two majestic pick swap heists?
He wasn't hugely influential in the list build at West Coast.

He became list manager AFTER they'd played in a grand final, and of the 27 Eagles who played ten or more games in their premiership year, only one (Nathan Vardy) was traded in during his time as list manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon trade Adam Saad, R3 (48), R4 (78) selections to Carlton for R1 (8) & R5 (87) selections.
I know we all have our favourite players, but I'm really surprised how many people want nothing to change having finished second last.

To state the obvious, it's a regulated market (TPP, draft etc) which means the principal way to rebuild is through high-end draft picks, which in turn requires trading out at least some of the value you have to start again. Hence BBB and Higgo.

So in short, I don't get the hand wringing - unless people would prefer to keep finishing second last

I come in peace, How about this for a deal
Collingwood future first-rounder and Stephenson
for 11 and 28
It's hard to place a true indicative value as we don't publicly, or truly, know why he's even contemplating leaving. We can guess of course. It will be like the Brown deal I suspect in the sense that the player is normally worth more, but extenuating circumstances have driven down the trade value.

I honestly don't see us giving up anything to do with our first rounders after the delistings, Pies salary dumps and our rebuild, etc. I'm thinking future picks with decent points value, but it depends how much salary we are taking on.

Carlton fan suggesting a Jack Silvagni and a future second rounder for Jed

NOW AS YOU KNOW I am possibly the North boards BIGGEST Silvagni fan, but I don't like the deal, readers

We should absolutely be saying to Geelong we want 30 and 28 upgraded to 20. Or GAGF!

Do this, and I’d be asking the question to the dogs re 14 for a stack of 2nds (that aren’t 20).

then I’d be asking the question to * to split 6, 7 or 8 for 14 and 20. They get the picks for Dunkley and Caldwell. I cbf working it out... 😂

I come in peace, How about this for a deal
Collingwood future first-rounder and Stephenson
for 11 and 28

I don't mind this hypothetical. Puts Stephenson around 22 if your future first sits at 14 (5th) and I'd be even happier deathriding you lower.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back