EPL Matchday 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Quit with the lame internet terms. No one is ‘triggered’, nor is it funny. You presented an irrelevant, flawed and skewed argument.

United just won a game to move 2pts off the top and your immediate reaction was to say they only had 3 shots on target and have been lucky like that quite a lot this season, when actually the facts don't back that up, and if anyone has been like that this season it's Tottenham and the manager that you like to defend at every opportunity.

United have had less than 3 shots on target four times in the league this season, which is the same as Liverpool and only one more than City. Tottenham for comparison are double that - they've failed to have more than 3 shots on target 8 times already this season. And that's fine, if that's how they want to play, but you cannot call United lucky for winning games with so few shots (which is false anyway), and then praise Mourinho elsewhere when his entire philosophy is built around having so few shots.

The less said about the Saints v Hammers game the better. The only good thing was Antonio coming on for the last 15 and not getting injured again.

Quality performance and we now have more points than Sheff Utd had at the same time last year which is a great effort.

United just won a game to move 2pts off the top and your immediate reaction was to say they only had 3 shots on target and have been lucky like that quite a lot this season, when actually the facts don't back that up, and if anyone has been like that this season it's Tottenham and the manager that you like to defend at every opportunity.

United have had less than 3 shots on target four times in the league this season, which is the same as Liverpool and only one more than City. Tottenham for comparison are double that - they've failed to have more than 3 shots on target 8 times already this season. And that's fine, if that's how they want to play, but you cannot call United lucky for winning games with so few shots (which is false anyway), and then praise Mourinho elsewhere when his entire philosophy is built around having so few shots.
why are opposition shots on target not relevant? Wolves had more today, as have various other teams United have beaten this season. Again, your cherry picked statistics are notable.
Tottenham haven’t been lucky at all. Not even close to the same extent as United so its a strange argument to make.

You’re very confident after a few lucky wins. Actually more than a few. You going to retreat when United achieves nothing again?
If you bother to look at the united thread I'm not confident at all because I don't know what I'm going to get from this team.

He is just still holding onto that 6-1 thrashing they gave us, he thinks we're still in October where Spurs were fighting for first spot.

He is just still holding onto that 6-1 thrashing they gave us, he thinks we're still in October where Spurs were fighting for first spot.

The last time United lost 6-1 in the league prior to this season, the team that beat us by that score stopped mentioning the 6-1 result for the next decade and counting. My guess is that will be the difference between that team and Spurs.

Am I? Don’t recall saying anything then or caring.
But for the record its December, just looked at your fixture and the last 8-10 games is similar in difficulty to the run Tottenham just had. Would suggest you’re jumping the gun slightly.

It’s a long season. Fans are just so reactive to events in short spaces of time - a few good results and everything is perfect, a few bad ones and the world is crumbling. To many there’s no in between/tempered reactions. A month back and everyone wanted Solsjkaer sacked, lots of money spent and poor performances to show for it. Now a few good results and he’s the saviour again.
Same with Mourinho - lauded just a few weeks back for the results and suddenly back/brilliant again. Fast forward two weeks and he’s terrible again.

This board and many of its inhabitants are especially reactive.

why are opposition shots on target not relevant? Wolves had more today, as have various other teams United have beaten this season. Again, your cherry picked statistics are notable.
Tottenham haven’t been lucky at all. Not even close to the same extent as United so its a strange argument to make.

Who said they aren't relevant? I was responding to your post about United's shots on targets, you never said anything about opposition shots. I'm not cherry picking anything, I was literally just responding to your post about United's lack of shots on target and arguing that actually they stack up favourably against other teams in the league.

But I just looked it up for you and United have had more shots on target than their opponent 9 times this season, which is the same as Liverpool and more than Tottenham (7).

But for the record its December, just looked at your fixture and the last 8-10 games is similar in difficulty to the run Tottenham just had. Would suggest you’re jumping the gun slightly.

It’s a long season. Fans are just so reactive to events in short spaces of time - a few good results and everything is perfect, a few bad ones and the world is crumbling. To many there’s no in between/tempered reactions. A month back and everyone wanted Solsjkaer sacked, lots of money spent and poor performances to show for it. Now a few good results and he’s the saviour again.
Same with Mourinho - lauded just a few weeks back for the results and suddenly back/brilliant again. Fast forward two weeks and he’s terrible again.

This board and many of its inhabitants are especially reactive.
But which united fan is jumping the gun that you're trying to refer to? I don't see any united fan doing so.

Obviously you're referring to people on twitter about ole. Most of them on here still want him gone but I've been on the edge I like someone to get time but at the same time you have to win games.

Mou more so brings in on himself with his antics like saying the best team lost in the Liverpool like seriously bruh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But for the record its December, just looked at your fixture and the last 8-10 games is similar in difficulty to the run Tottenham just had. Would suggest you’re jumping the gun slightly. It’s a long season.

It is a very long season and the opposition supporters that like to mock United supporters when it comes to challenging for the title are only mocking the media and themselves. No United supporter I have seen, on here or elsewhere, has talked up this teams prospects of winning the league. We don’t see it happening but we aren’t going to be sad about being 2nd when a top 4 finish should always be the goal.

Tottenham has a better first XI than us.

The whole money thing has always been a weird argument. A player costs what he does and a selling club will always squeeze every last cent out of a sale. Using the money logic would be the same as being shocked that Harry Maguire isn’t the best CB in the world. It doesn’t work like that.

Who said they aren't relevant? I was responding to your post about United's shots on targets, you never said anything about opposition shots. I'm not cherry picking anything, I was literally just responding to your post about United's lack of shots on target and arguing that actually they stack up favourably against other teams in the league.

But I just looked it up for you and United have had more shots on target than their opponent 9 times this season, which is the same as Liverpool and more than Tottenham (7).
Which is better than picking out Tottenham's last 7 games (a very, very difficult run of fixtures bunched together) and comparing it to 9 from Manchester United.

I don't watch much of Tottenham or Manchester United but don't even think the sides play that differently, they're both reliant on counter attacking opportunities to be/look dangerous. United have better attacking options and a more varied attack and that's probably the main difference. No one takes this into account either. Analysis is just lazy and subjected to discussions about philosophy when quite often it just serves as a platform for people to express their fixed agendas. One team has better attacking players than the other and scores more, one team has better defenders and concedes less.

Just think people on here need to stop being so reactive to everything.

I think he was just cut to see we scored a 93 min winner, so quickly came out with the “United lucky again, won’t win anything”. We’ve been far from perfect and I’ll admit, in a lot of games this season we’ve looked average, but we’re picking up wins when in seasons past we would be drawing these type of games or losing.

Don’t think any United fan is jumping up and down saying “we’re gonna win the league”.

Tottenham has a better first XI than us.

You have spent a lot of money, particularly in defence. Who's fault is that then?
You also have a world class bench. Which matters in times of fixture pile-up.
And attacking players in abundance - of course you should be scoring more. Martial, Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood, Fernandes, Pogba - that's a pretty potent attack.

And compare that to Kane and Son... you could throw Le Celso in there maybe. Then there's what Bergwin, Sissoko....

And money is entirely relevant. Better players generally cost more money. You should be ahead of Spurs and you are. Claiming equivalence or inferiority is wrong.

But which united fan is jumping the gun that you're trying to refer to? I don't see any united fan doing so.

Obviously you're referring to people on twitter about ole. Most of them on here still want him gone but I've been on the edge I like someone to get time but at the same time you have to win games.

Mou more so brings in on himself with his antics like saying the best team lost in the Liverpool like seriously bruh.

Klopp is the worst going around at taking bad results. Do you criticise him?
And didn't OGS just say on the weekend that United deserved to win against Leicester.

I didn't see the Liverpool-Tottenham game but from what I can gather - Tottenham outplayed thoroughly first half and lucky not to be a goal or two down. Second half not many chances for either side but Totteham had two very good chances to go ahead and didn't take them and lost. He's obviously (wrongly) looking at the game purely from the perspective of the second half as being 'unlucky'. Most wouldn't agree with what he said so who cares. He's not the first manager and won't be the last to take a negative result badly.

Analysis is just lazy and subjected to discussions about philosophy when quite often it just serves as a platform for people to express their fixed agendas.
Gee they’re lucky. 3 shots on target at home. Alot of results like that this season.
I don't watch much of Tottenham or Manchester United

I mean, seriously.

I think he was just cut to see we scored a 93 min winner, so quickly came out with the “United lucky again, won’t win anything”. We’ve been far from perfect and I’ll admit, in a lot of games this season we’ve looked average, but we’re picking up wins when in seasons past we would be drawing these type of games or losing.

Don’t think any United fan is jumping up and down saying “we’re gonna win the league”.

Mate, I've got a happy enough life that nothing sport related (outside of an AFL GF loss maybe) would 'cut' me.
As I've said the reactionary stuff on here to a few results one way or the other is extraordinary. Suddenly Manchester United are amazing, Tottenham terrible. A month ago it was the opposite. Even the reactions to Lampard and Arteta have been premature but consistently expressed here.

I mean, seriously.
'much'. Sorry for not having the time, nor care to watch every team play, every weekend. Having a life and needing sleep will dictate that.
The fact I'm referring to 'Shots on Target' and not forensically analysing games should be enough evidence that I'm not watching any of it. Nor do I pretend to.
The three minute highlights packages tell me enough.

And not sure why you quote the analysis and subjectivity post - it's not contradictory at all. You can judge how a team plays by watching 'some' games.

Granted though the third and fourth posts you quoted are contradictory. I'll give you that.

'much'. Sorry for not having the time, nor care to watch every team play, every weekend. Having a life and needing sleep will dictate that.
The fact I'm referring to 'Shots on Target' and not forensically analysing games should be enough evidence that I'm not watching any of it. Nor do I pretend to.
The three minute highlights packages tell me enough.

And yet you feel the need to argue ad nauseam.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back