EPL Matchday 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Karen Carney has certainly rattled a few cages overnight. I heard her during the Leeds/Burnley game on Optus and she seemed to make some pretty baseless comments about Leeds and looks like she has doubled down after the Leeds/WBA match on Amazon Prime in the UK.

Karen Carney has certainly rattled a few cages overnight. I heard her during the Leeds/Burnley game on Optus and she seemed to make some pretty baseless comments about Leeds and looks like she has doubled down after the Leeds/WBA match on Amazon Prime in the UK.

Yeah the Leeds admin hasn't covered themselves in glory on that at all.

Bunch of people whining about Leeds twitter having a dig at a female pundit.

Not so much the LUFC account tweet I'm guessing, but there's probably been a bunch of dickhead supporters going the usual sexist nonsense route.

Not defending the sexist/misogynistic toxic tweets, but I can understand why saying we only got promoted cause of COVID would piss a lot of fans off.

Not defending the sexist/misogynistic toxic tweets, but I can understand why saying we only got promoted cause of COVID would piss a lot of fans off.

I don't think that's what she said, it was quite clear she was talking in the context of the break in the season giving the players a rest to re-energize for a final push. When contrasted with the previous season where there was no break you broke down and limped across the finish line. The "10 points clear" dig is entirely irrelevant to her point so I wonder if it's the Leeds admin thinking she meant the season ended early or something.

But yes the dig at her has encouraged a lot to come out of the woodwork and it's been pretty disgusting.

For example..

I don't think that's what she said, it was quite clear she was talking in the context of the break in the season giving the players a rest to re-energize for a final push. When contrasted with the previous season where there was no break you broke down and limped across the finish line. The "10 points clear" dig is entirely irrelevant to her point so I wonder if it's the Leeds admin thinking she meant the season ended early or something.

But yes the dig at her has encouraged a lot to come out of the woodwork and it's been pretty disgusting.

For example..

Every club has these knuckle dragging fans and we all know it (and no, I cannot defend such floggish tweets like the one you have shown)

Anyhow Twitter hopefully will crack down on these peanuts and suspend/nuke their accounts.

Every club has these knuckle dragging fans and we all know it (and no, I cannot defend such floggish tweets like the one you have shown)

Anyhow Twitter hopefully will crack down on these peanuts and suspend/nuke their accounts.

I just reckon in the aftermath of a good win there wasn't really a need to go after a journo - male or female - like that. Just bask in the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Figure it out.

I know what the issue is, I you want to explain the angle regarding Leeds’ admin.

They aren’t responsible for Twitter and they have form in calling out rubbish journo’s.

There’s plenty of virtue signaling from the usual suspects on Twitter.

She has form with Leeds, she meant exactly what she said “I actually think they got promoted because of COVID”

I mean we’d only won 5 in a row with 5 clean sheets in a row before the shutdown....

I know what the issue is, I you want to explain the angle regarding Leeds’ admin.

They aren’t responsible for Twitter and they have form in calling out rubbish journo’s.

There’s plenty of virtue signaling from the usual suspects on Twitter.

She has form with Leeds, she meant exactly what she said “I actually think they got promoted because of COVID”

I mean we’d only won 5 in a row with 5 clean sheets in a row before the shutdown....

I already have.

She actually expanded on what she meant by that comment, or did you stop listening as the Leeds admin seems to have?

You lost me when you uttered virtue signalling. Don't sink to that level.

I already have.

She actually expanded on what she meant by that comment, or did you stop listening as the Leeds admin seems to have?

I listened and it clearly offended a whole heap of people, enough for the owner of the club to want to double down on her comments with his own tweet.

I listened and it clearly offended a whole heap of people, enough for the owner of the club to want to double down on her comments with his own tweet.

Your owner doubling down by retweeting the club's account is much of a muchness and just shows he's a bit tone deaf.

I'd be saying the same regardless of the gender of the person making the comments. Leeds have a habit of fading late in seasons as do Bielsa teams, and the break clearly helped you push on to the end of the season by resting players and recovering players from injuries. I really don't think that's such a controversial opinion.

I just reckon in the aftermath of a good win there wasn't really a need to go after a journo - male or female - like that. Just bask in the win.

A lot of Leed fans have been going after Paul Merson as well after he criticized Bielsa's game plan and says we need to play it safe like Big Sam :D

But you are right, I am so buzzing over our 5 goal demolition of The Baggies that I am not fussed l re the opinions of pundits.

Btw what do you think of Raphinia? I know it's early days but he could well be the most exciting player Leeds have had in many years. Only cost 17 Million as well, tidy bit of business by our owners, the Brazilian is a total beast. Love him

A lot of Leed fans have been going after Paul Merson as well after he criticized Bielsa's game plan and says we need to play it safe like Big Sam :D

But you are right, I am so buzzing over our 5 goal demolition of The Baggies that I am not fussed l re the opinions of pundits.

Btw what do you think of Raphinia? I know it's early days but he could well be the most exciting player Leeds have had in many years. Only cost 17 Million as well, tidy bit of business by our owners, the Brazilian is a total beast. Love him

Mentioned when you signed him that I thought he was a quality addition, unlike Robert who has really done nothing to change my opinion.

Your owner doubling down by retweeting the club's account is much of a muchness and just shows he's a bit tone deaf.

I'd be saying the same regardless of the gender of the person making the comments. Leeds have a habit of fading late in seasons as do Bielsa teams, and the break clearly helped you push on to the end of the season by resting players and recovering players from injuries. I really don't think that's such a controversial opinion.

He didn’t retweet it. He put out his own statement.

That opinion is certainly reasonable, except that’s not her opinion.

I guess if we finish mid table and have another COVID shutdown people can run the same angle.

Is there any fan base that doesn't go after Merson?

I hope she fleshed out her comments a bit, because that little grab is a bit offensive.

He didn’t retweet it. He put out his own statement.

That opinion is certainly reasonable, except that’s not her opinion.

I guess if we finish mid table and have another COVID shutdown people can run the same angle.

He did Retweet it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 3.36.41 pm.png

Run the same angle how?

I still don't think you actually understood her point.

Not a great look from Radz I admit, given we had a former employee of the club (Lucy Ward) sue former Owner and Crackpot Massimo Cellino and the club for sexual harassment and discrimination..

For the most part, Radz is a very progressive owner (really supporting the rainbow laces initiative into our club and done a lot supporting disabled and sick children who are Leeds fans), so would like think this is just a silly lapse of judgement on his behalf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back