4th test Australia v India at the Gabba 1030 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought up a KFC add , it involves two KFC buckets as gloves for Tim Paine and when he still drops the ball he says "did someone say KFC?"

Edit: then the entire crowd starts throwing chicken ĺpieces at him...
The second variation is where Paine reviews a decision only to see it missed the bat by a foot

How many draws in that time? From memory NZ drew so that's at least 1.

Would be interesting to see our results vs West Indies, SriLanka and Pakistan vs SA, England, NZ and India

That’s been it.

They’ve lost four times in India in that time, twice I think in the uae, once in SA, three times in England and a draw, once in SA and a draw, once in Sri Lanka, and a draw in Bangladesh. It’s not a great record when you marry it to the home one

Definitely has to be a factor. While their 2nd choice bowlers didn’t have much Test experience, they definitely had first class experience and international caps for their limited overs sides. Their fast bowling stocks are as deep as I can remember, having plenty of good spinners is the norm so that wasn’t a surprise to see Sundar play well. It’s why we missed a trick by not rotating Starc for this Test, giving opportunities to less experienced players often gives the whole team a boost as there are less expectations.

Seeing how much swing Tharkul got makes me sad that Neser wasn’t given a shot on this wicket.
Who could Neser have replaced? Surely not Starc? 😂

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else annoyed by the constant talk of teams never chasing over 300 in a Test match successfully? Yes prior to T20 cricket chases like this never happened, but teams making over 300 in the 4th innings is becoming a lot more common since T20 became big.

It really depends on the country because the Indians are usually an attacking bating side that looks to score.

Don't think anything else is going to top this as the best sporting memory of my life. To win the series against all the odds at the Gabba is something I never really imagined in my wildest fanboy dreams happening. I thought we would do well to come away with a draw when I realised Kohli and Ishant wouldn't be playing the majority of the series. To achieve this after the 36 at Adelaide was not something I ever imagined. Gotta be the greatest underdog story in test cricket. Commiserations to the Australian supporters, Cummins was unbelievable throughout the series.

Stoked for you mate you should be so proud of your team

Never seen a touring team keep rising and coming back time and again, then you add all their injuries, Kohli going back to India, playing with new bowlers, 36 all out in Adelaide, India definitely deserve this series win.

The greatest series win by a touring team to Australia.

So has India's.

Rahane made a match defining score in Melbourne. Pujara made three crucial half centuries in the deciding tests. Gill and pant have been excellent. Kohli made runs in his only test. Sundar and Thakur made half centuries in their only match. Jadeja made important runs in Melbourne from memory. Vihari made no runs but played a vital knock in Sydney. So did Ashwin. Even sharma at least made a 50 and a 40 in his two tests.

You are not backing a fit Warner and Green? Definitely need to find no 5 and wicket keeper. Lyon and Starc are still young enough to bounce back as this was possibly just form slump...???
Warner is close to done, I like Green, Lyon and Starc I’m very dubious of.
They all need replacing in the next 2 years.

Need to go back to being aggressive arseholes.
Not sure that’ll help. Ashwin basically laughed at Paine when he tried that last test. And our most effective bowler is Cummins, who doesn’t seem go in for any of that.

Good cricketers don’t need it, and the opposition are not scared of us anyway.

My oh my, that was the most awe-inspiringly epic victory in an Australian test series I have ever witnessed in all my years watching cricket! The grit, determination and dogged resoluteness exhibited by what was, let's be honest, the "underdog" team, is not to be underestimated.
You can direct all the buffet-themed slanders in the world at Rishabh Pant, but at the end of the day, it takes supreme skill to execute premeditated lap-sweeps, to a bowler who is widely considered to be the greatest off-spinner of all time. The guy knows he can get the job done and believes in himself - you've got to love it. Congratulations to Pat Cummins also though, as for him, this series was an exercise in elite pace bowling! More importantly though, the man is an even-tempered, caring and good sport of the highest order!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back