Another US mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

So we are in agreement, burn all of America to the ground and start it again? Because both sides take money, both sides are too sh*t scared to take on the NRA and people will keep dying so nutjobs can have their penis enlargement tools to shoot people with.
Cultural powerhouse of the last eighty years with this bizarre blind spot.

So we are in agreement, burn all of America to the ground and start it again? Because both sides take money, both sides are too sh*t scared to take on the NRA and people will keep dying so nutjobs can have their penis enlargement tools to shoot people with.
That depends how literally you're being with "burn it to the ground".

I believe it has a horribly corrupted 2 party system, and I probably dislike establishment Republicans as much as you do. The fact that people are still risking their lives to get there is evidence that it is still a relatively prosperous nation.

I work with a guy from South America who says he paid $8k total for his visa to come here to Aus and have the right to work. It put things in perspective for me. For all the many faults of the political class in Aus and the US, it is all relative, much of the world's population would do anything to live in such countries.

Cultural powerhouse of the last eighty years with this bizarre blind spot.
You've got to wonder what it will take for that blind spot to be addressed.

In the current environment I'm thinking only a massacre at an NRA assembly or in a parliamentary setting would do it.

You've got to wonder what it will take for that blind spot to be addressed.

In the current environment I'm thinking only a massacre at an NRA assembly or in a parliamentary setting would do it.

NRA wouldn't care, they would just double down on why they need them.

Until it's the relative of someone with enough power to enact/lead change there won't be any action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Thoughts and prayers" was originally the cliche mocked by the right after Islamic terrorist attacks. Like all lefty memes, you borrowed it from 4chan and made it your own.

Fortunately we had a POTUS who largely put a stop to Islamic terrorism in the west, and all it really took was to stop the indirect funding of ISIS implemented by the Obama admin.. who'd a thunk it!

Now let's watch Biden pretend to care about gun laws while he has the 3 houses. Remember how Barry had the same conditions for 2 years, and only pretended to try and limit gun laws once he lost the senate? Donors gon donate.

Amazing angles being worked here knackers in the pursuit of point scoring, just immaculate :tearsofjoy:

Colorado gunman is a 21yo Muslim. Does that alter the course of the discussion?
Only if you are looking to address motivations behind gun crimes - there may be some discussion around that but in the main its about the underlying issue of accessing weapons and the gutless inability of government to rein it in.

Only if you are looking to address motivations behind gun crimes - there may be some discussion around that but in the main its about the underlying issue of accessing weapons and the gutless inability of government to rein it in.
I'd say it alters a lot when you consider how the great unwashed get their news. A white shooter = social media algorithms will smash lefties with the news. A POC shooter = algorithms will smash RWers with the news. This is an over simplification, but you get what I mean.

I'd say it alters a lot when you consider how the great unwashed get their news. A white shooter = social media algorithms will smash lefties with the news. A POC shooter = algorithms will smash RWers with the news. This is an over simplification, but you get what I mean.
I get what you mean - but yours is a response looking for an argument which I can't provide you.

I get what you mean - but yours is a response looking for an argument which I can't provide you.
What argument do you believe I'm looking for? I thought my post was a rather unbiased observation of how social media giants are able to divide us to increase their own profit margin.

What argument do you believe I'm looking for? I thought my post was a rather unbiased observation of how social media giants are able to divide us to increase their own profit margin.
Now now, don't take is personally. My comment was that yours is fair if the argument is about racial bias when it comes to firearms, its just something that isn't what I am talking about in the context of the thread (where others may, and this is perfectly reasonable for you to argue).

It certainly means it will dissappear from the msm
It will disappear quickly anyway, not because of the ethnicity of the shooter but because this is not even shocking anymore which is beyond ridiculous. You've got to rack up a serious body count to make people sit up and notice these days and even then it's not enough to get any real sort of gun control. It's madness, all you can do is shake you're head in wonderment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back