Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has always been awesome talent out of the northern states and it's probably a little unfair now that they get to reserve it all for themselves and not pay the full draft price as everyone else. When I was coming through in QLD there were some really awesome players but we were told that if Brisbane didn't take us by zone then we'd never make it as Victorian recruiters really didn't bother. I'll probably dine out on this for the rest of my life but I got scouted by Brisbane as a junior after a summer training camp by Roger Merrett and he went back to Brisbane telling them I was "the best kick he'd seen since Buckley". So I got to do a few summers with other Brisbane zone prospects, the permission to train players and rookies. One summer Brett Voss was in the group. There were some really awesome players though and we were all going to be competing for one spot. I had no interest in playing local ammos as I only wanted to play AFL and didn't think I had a chance against some of the others and ended up quitting (and they guy they ended up taking in my year I completely towelled up in a club prelim. ugh). Now these interstate clubs with these acadamies get to load up on these draftees who they've developed from a young age who would rightly all go first and second rounds and they get them for the price of third and fourth rounders.
If only you had a poster of Deledio on your wall.:(

Lol can we get this in Melbourne as well? Have they seen the cost of living in Melbourne at the moment? They’re predicting we’ll be more populous than Sydney in a few years and you know what happens when there’s more people.
Yep.My gripe with Cola.
If Sydney is expensive then melb isn't to far behind.
So therefore
Melb clubs should get more Cola than those in QLD/SA/WA.
A sliding scale for all states.

Lol can we get this in Melbourne as well? Have they seen the cost of living in Melbourne at the moment? They’re predicting we’ll be more populous than Sydney in a few years and you know what happens when there’s more people.
Yep.My gripe with Cola.
If Sydney is expensive then melb isn't to far behind.
So therefore
Melb clubs should get more Cola than those in QLD/SA/WA.
A sliding scale for all states.

I must say the umps were favouring Sydney big time today. Did it alter the result? No. You’ll be peaking at the right time of the year- no doubt about it come September.
It didn’t alter who got the 4p however it managed to put enough space in the contest that stymied any comeback, was bs one sided umpiring , swans got everything i50 , several holds to lynch missed, high , Jumper holds , anyway enjoy yer r3 victory

This left field idea just popped into my mind, but I actually think there’s plenty to it, Coleman-Jones will be the key for us this year.

With no Soldo, and given Nank can’t play a full season otherwise it’ll cook him, souvlaki man will be key.

CCJ looked great in the pre-season and my view is, each year, you need to keep injecting one or two outstanding talents to reinvigorate the 22.
I think adding a tall will be a lever that we will pull, the contribution from our smalls has fluctuated between fa and very little , George aside. I’m tipping chol to come in short term then CCJ . Macca out for a couple will tempt to give Hugo a run even naish . Rossy is a cert for Prestia , personally I’d like,to see martyn added as i worry that Cotch impact is fading

Serious question.
Do you need Buddy?
It’s April.

Do we need him? Possibly not. But like most clubs we lost a shitload of money last year right when we committed a shitload of cash to a redevelopment. He puts a couple of thousand more bums on seats. So to that end we need him.

But it’s April.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our biggest issue is our forward line..
It lacks talent and class and really needs a revamp...
A lot of our problems stem from that , no longer can we afford to prioritize defensive pressure over forward nous,class and skill..
W
R
O
N
G
We were smashed in the midfield and conceded a surplus of i50 . I will concede though that our small-med forwards are loafing , relative to any 2 of there’s that would have had >25p collective and a s**t ton of goals ours had about a doz poss and a few lousy goals after we were already 50p down

Is it just me or has the last 4 years just made me totally blasé about footy now?
There’s just no disappointment when we lose nor real excitement when we win it’s just a calm whatever will be type of feeling for me now, probably because I got to see us do something I’d seriously already accepted I’d never experience.
I sort of miss getting all shitty though!

Last edited:
We are one running defender short

Should bit the bullet n traded Caddy while he still value and kept Markov

We got this guy, touli? Nouli? Something like that. Goes ok apparently.

Man

Watching McIntosh replay looks even worse than at the ground. I thought he might have actually taken his legs with his head...

Turns out rampe was just going in low and hard too and they collided. How the fu** can that be taking the legs...

Meanwhile Reid dives and is horizontal on the ground arm outstretch to tap a ball and takes out Nank. Literally 2 plays earlier. That tap went to Kennedy who got HTB against him, Pickett's kick wasn't marked and that became the ball of the KO........

Ludicrous umpiring decision.

I wouldn't mind the first one not being a free kick and it all being play on, but how in the Lord and saviours name is the Kamdyn one a free against when pitted against the Reid one
Was atrocious umpiring, the campaigners had a hair trigger in swans f50 that wasn’t replicated when adjudicating in ours

Is it just me or has the last 4 years just made me totally blasé about footy now?
There’s just no disappointment when we lose nor real excitement when we win it’s just a calm whatever will be type of feeling for me now, probably because I got to see ius do something I’d seriously already accepted I’d never experience.
you were plying your trade in the royal , what do u expect

Great question. I think he is the (expensive) cream on the cake at the moment. He will take the best defender which will allow Mcdonald to shine. I just hope we don't just keep pumping it to him at the expense of the gameplan, though.
On our game day thread i mentioned that if they had Buddy we'd be closer.
I think thats true.
With Buddy you guys would be easy to predict where the ball is going fwd.
Without as in yesterday i lost count how many times you had someone free 40 out.
Well played sir.

In years gone by I'd be ripping my hair out depressed that another season is going to waste. It's a totally different outlook these days. So much so given our recent success, (without wanting to sound arrogant) unless it's a game of high stakes I don't stress as I used to. Therefore, as difficult as it is, tried to watch the game as objectively as I could yesterday in the extreme sunshine of the southern stand.

Haven't watched a replay, nor have I read or heard any match summaries.

My take:
.for the 1st quarter and a half we were the better team in general play although the scoreboard did not reflect this
.when we goaled to get within 2 and a bit goals 2/3rds of the way through the 2nd quarter TAB were betting $1.87 each of two, general consensus was we were coming
.even with both above points, there were passages of play very unlike us which had me concerned. We created the overlap on the southern wing in the 1st quarter, Jack was miles in the clear inside 50, Caddy received the ball himself clear and managed to butcher the kick which should've resulted in a goal. Similar passage of play on the attacking side of the northern wing. Normally, we eat those for breakfast
.some horrible turnovers from us under no pressure
.some very perplexing umpiring decisions, particularly not allowing Nank's clear mark resulting in a Sydney goal
.Sydney were very efficient and fast

Late in the 2nd quarter I felt the game was gone.

It's still very early in the season to be buying or selling stock for either club. Sydney were very good, but have had the luxury of an additional month of pre-season which would have them better primed for the early rounds. Expect us to learn from this loss and get better as the season progresses, particularly when we get into winter and the latter rounds when the bigger, stronger bodies will come to the fore.

Keen to see how we respond next week. I for one haven't penciled in a loss next week.

A lot of our problems stem from that , no longer can we afford to prioritize defensive pressure over forward nous,class and skill..

* me chicken little lol. We lack class and skill? Before this game we had the #1 defence and 3rd best attack.

We simply had a mare. It happens lol

Think we need Lynch to lead and not just stand there and bring the ball too the ground.
We've sort of stifled his game a tad in that regard.

Neither.
So typical though that you wouldn't discriminate in the way you discriminate. Ageist as well as anti gay. Congratulations

Bum sniffing refers to rugby you cretin. You know, that game they play in Sydney.

Go enjoy yourself. Can I suggest a can of cola?

There’s just no disappointment when we lose nor real excitement when we win it’s just a calm whatever will be type of feeling for me now, probably because I got to see ius do something I’d seriously already accepted I’d never experience.

Same here. I don't lose it like I used to when we get belted like that. I've witnessed greatness, most oppo supporters will never have a team like we've had or a player like Dusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back