Preview Round 4, 2021: North Melbourne vs Adelaide @ Marvel Stadium | Sunday, April 11 @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
to win, we need a 4 quarter performance. We are not allowed to drop heads, we need to work in cohesion, we must apply defensive pressure without chasing arse, we need to lead at the ball when its in possession, we need to spread, we need to contest, we need to tackle, we need to elbow and break Tex’s jaw, we need to smash sloanes kidneys... we need to go old school. fu** the modern game, bring the game to our level

If we can just make it to halftime in a competitive position, the knock-on effect to our confidence might propel us. Who knows?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we can just make it to halftime in a competitive position, the knock-on effect to our confidence might propel us. Who knows?

I think we have shown improvements (scoreboard doesnt suggest so), I would really like to see a half of really good footy from the boys on Sunday. Ive seen 20 minutes vs port, I watched a quarter against GC and 40 against those muppets on geelong rd. Small gains is what I want to see. I’d love a win however.. at this point I want to see some cohesion amongst people the group

I think we have shown improvements (scoreboard doesnt suggest so), I would really like to see a half of really good footy from the boys on Sunday. Ive seen 20 minutes vs port, I watched a quarter against GC and 40 against those muppets on geelong rd. Small gains is what I want to see. I’d love a win however.. at this point I want to see some cohesion amongst people the group

We have to be realistic - hard as it might be to accept it. Last year when the wheels really fell off, we tended to point at the loss of Cunnington, Ziebell, BBB and Garner +++ due to injuries as a major factor. This season, thus far, Ziebell is the only member of that group to return for the first three games - and he was playing a completely different role. However, on top of that, we’ve lost LMac, Anderson, Dumont, Tarrant and Higgins. As well. That’s 1, 3, 5, 6 and 8 in the Syd Barker. Corr is a plus, for sure, but injury has nailed him too. Really, in the short term, there has to be a few more 100+ beltings to be endured. Eventually... let’s just hope for the best.

We have to be realistic - hard as it might be to accept it. Last year when the wheels really fell off, we tended to point at the loss of Cunnington, Ziebell, BBB and Garner +++ due to injuries as a major factor. This season, thus far, Ziebell is the only member of that group to return for the first three games - and he was playing a completely different role. However, on top of that, we’ve lost LMac, Anderson, Dumont, Tarrant and Higgins. As well. That’s 1, 3, 5, 6 and 8 in the Syd Barker. Corr is a plus, for sure, but injury has nailed him too. Really, in the short term, there has to be a few more 100+ beltings to be endured. Eventually... let’s just hope for the best.

I did neglect to mention Stephenson, who has been a big plus. That’s our hope there, I suppose.

Campbell is a big no. Slow and only offers a cop out in the ruck. Spewing no Xerri because I am sick of seeing Larkey in the ruck

Really hope Hayden can put some work on maybe Laird etc

Lmac is a huge in. He is super important. Atu and Bonar comes in too.

Please north bring PRESSURE. Tackling, swarming etc

Last edited:
When is the team being announced? This new release schedule for teams is ridiculous

Grrr ikr, I was expecting to see it after I finished my game ://

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please north bring PRESSURE. Tackling, swarming etc

I want a big game out of Kayne Turner, if I can maintain pressure for a full 4 quarters and run down a girl twice in the pocket so can he.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looking forward to tomoorow. I'm going with the words of Rocky Balboa rining in my ears...
“Life's not about how hard of a hit you can give... it's about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.”

3 weeks into the rebuild. We can say it started whenever but we only honestly embraced it when Noble arrived.

My stirrer of a nephew (Collingwood supporter) has just sent me a text message that Dom Tyson is a definite in, hope not

Atu definite in.
LMac definite in.

Want to see one of either Turner or Atley out to impress standards not a kid or just injuries.

Jed and Polec to miss. (inj)

Good chance to shake it up
I could them dropping Phillips and Lazaro which would be a mistake while Atley-should have delisted 5 years ago and Turner-should been gone at the same but I’m forgetting his a Team Leader that leads from the front stay in the side

I could them dropping Phillips and Lazaro which would be a mistake while Atley-should have delisted 5 years ago and Turner-should been gone at the same but I’m forgetting his a Team Leader that leads from the front stay in the side

If either Phillips or Lazarro out I'll be furious.

Both in top 10 picked.

My stirrer of a nephew (Collingwood supporter) has just sent me a text message that Dom Tyson is a definite in, hope not
Doesn't make sense. If we're looking to replace Jed's midfield minutes then just put some more responsibility on Phillip's broad shoulders.

I'm a little concerned for the two youngsters. We're suffering from not getting enough possessions, and they were both quite low last week. However it was Phillips debut and Laz had 15+ the previous week, which I think offsets that concern a bit.

Doesn't make sense. If we're looking to replace Jed's midfield minutes then just put some more responsibility on Phillip's broad shoulders.

Tyson can't play surely.

Phillips is the choice and he needs it so give him a crack.

Especially with Sloane out for the crows, it's a great opportunity for the kid to get some serious ball and confidence.

Yeah get him in there and manage his minutes (obviously)

Tyson to me is done unless absolutely required. You agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back