Preview Sydney Swans vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday April 24 @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reid doesn't have the tactical nous of where the players around him are for the tap downs etc.

I think he has held his own. I reckon he is having a really good season and should only have the odd run to give Hickey/Sinkers a breather.

The GoCo may blood a new ruck (Murtaugh) who is around McLean's size.

Hope buddy plays. Yea he might be sore but so is every other player, unless it’s directly related to his injuries he, he should play like any other player does. Repetitive games will help condition his body

Nope, not quoting you on Hewett. Just surprised at how many have suggested he be dropped. A couple of weeks after he snuffed out the best player in the AFL.

Probably the same people who thought Hayward was finished and were calling him useless just a few minutes into the game on Saturday.

He then proceeds to boot three goals including one of the goals of the season to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinclair rucked pretty much the whole game on Saturday in the twos, he will be the one to come in for Hickey. Rowbottom has to come back in too, in for Blakey for mine. If Bud doesn't come up then Mclean in for him, looked good in the twos i thought. If he had held a couple more grabs could've kicked a bag.

I think he has held his own. I reckon he is having a really good season and should only have the odd run to give Hickey/Sinkers a breather.

The GoCo may blood a new ruck (Murtaugh) who is around McLean's size.
Yep as a backup when Hickey or Sinkers takes a breather no problem, but as the primary ruckman, nope.

Hope buddy plays. Yea he might be sore but so is every other player, unless it’s directly related to his injuries he, he should play like any other player does. Repetitive games will help condition his body

Apparently seen limping into the club this morning with a compression bandage on his right knee. I wouldn't be surprised if he is rested

Apparently seen limping into the club this morning with a compression bandage on his right knee. I wouldn't be surprised if he is rested

Tbh when i first saw the incident i was shitting bricks thought thats it he has done serious damage to his knee it was much worse than the Hickey knee on knee contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh when i first saw the incident i was shitting bricks thought thats it he has done serious damage to his knee it was much worse than the Hickey knee on knee contact.
Was that in the third quarter when he stood hunched over for a minute or so?

He played out the game and took a nice leading mark/goal in the fourth. But assune once the body cools down he was sore after that.

Will help mcdonald if buddy doesn’t play. Will get a lot more ball directed to him

Agree our midfielders are pathetic when Buddy plays kicking it to him every entry! No wonder opposition defenders just plonk 3 blokes on him. If there’s 3 blokes on him here’s an idea there has to be 2 blokes free kick it to them not the 3 on 1 contest! Unfortunately it’s Kennedy and Parker who are the worst at it too.

Agree our midfielders are pathetic when Buddy plays kicking it to him every entry! No wonder opposition defenders just plonk 3 blokes on him. If there’s 3 blokes on him here’s an idea there has to be 2 blokes free kick it to them not the 3 on 1 contest! Unfortunately it’s Kennedy and Parker who are the worst at it too.
Buddy was isolated in a one on one contest plenty of times. Hence he kicked 5. The only times there were multi defenders was due to slow ball movement and the long kick to a contest. Some credit to the Giants mids

Our forwards also got sucked into the marking contest. It’s not like GWS stood 3 defenders on Buddy all the time as you imply.

Buddy was isolated in a one on one contest plenty of times. Hence he kicked 5. The only times there were multi defenders was due to slow ball movement and the long kick to a contest. Some credit to the Giants mids

Our forwards also got sucked into the marking contest. It’s not like GWS stood 3 defenders on Buddy all the time as you imply.

Can't agree too often we were ONLY looking for him. Plenty of times McDonald was on leads, so was Hayward, even Papley and instead it's the kick it to Franklin thing. Actually won't be a bad thing if Buddy doesn't play this week.

I was trolling last week about Amartey but I actually reckon this week might just be the time to throw him in the deep end.

He's not up against Grundy or Gawn.

I don't think there's a lot of upside to playing Sinclair. I suspect Sinkers is probably the better ruckman and he certainly tries hard enough but he wasn't so good in the Ressies that he demanded a spot and Amartey just might be the type of player that succeeds at the higher level with the cleaner faster football.

Naismith looks like being back in 4-6 weeks and hopefully Hickey not too long after.

Why not give the rookie a crack in the meantime?

I was trolling last week about Amartey but I actually reckon this week might just be the time to throw him in the deep end.

He's not up against Grundy or Gawn.

I don't think there's a lot of upside to playing Sinclair. I suspect Sinkers is probably the better ruckman and he certainly tries hard enough but he wasn't so good in the Ressies that he demanded a spot and Amartey just might be the type of player that succeeds at the higher level with the cleaner faster football.

Naismith looks like being back in 4-6 weeks and hopefully Hickey not too long after.

Why not give the rookie a crack in the meantime?

4-6 weeks is too long for a rookie to be in that role. I'd rather go safe and all reports are Sinkers basically rucked the whole game in the reserves. It is far from ideal. Hopefully Hickey is back soon, he's our best option by a mile.

4-6 weeks is too long for a rookie to be in that role. I'd rather go safe and all reports are Sinkers basically rucked the whole game in the reserves. It is far from ideal. Hopefully Hickey is back soon, he's our best option by a mile.

He doesn't have to play the full 4-6 weeks. But certainly the next two weeks he'd be up against (at best) a rookie this week and Rhys Stanley the next.

They extended his contract for a year for a reason. Well, let's have a look. If he's no good, then we can use Sinkers as cannon fodder against Gawn and Grundy the following 2 weeks.

He doesn't have to play the full 4-6 weeks. But certainly the next two weeks he'd be up against (at best) a rookie this week and Rhys Stanley the next.

They extended his contract for a year for a reason. Well, let's have a look. If he's no good, then we can use Sinkers as cannon fodder against Gawn and Grundy the following 2 weeks.

I'd rather nor run the risk in a game we should win all things being equal. Plus Sinclair will need time to adjust to top level again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back