Review GBU Round 5 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

This is his third year isnt it?., pretty sure it is... pray it fu**in is.
s**t, its only his second...

does “option for a third mean option is up to the player or up to the club???..

please tell me we can move him on at seasons end..

we cant have him and himmelberg both stinking up the list at the same time for too long..

How can a player "be leading the rising star" competition?

It's not like the Brownlow or AFLCA awards, where votes are cast after every game. It's voted on by a panel at the end of the year, based on whole of year performances (not game-to-game performances).
The leader is based on people’s opinions......in my opinion he will be ahead of the Sydney kids in 1 or 2 weeks. Some one has to be leading

sh*t, its only his second...

does “option for a third mean option is up to the player or up to the club???..

please tell me we can move him on at seasons end..

we cant have him and himmelberg both stinking up the list at the same time for too long..
I'm pretty sure we can.

And you'd hope it's up to the club

My Footy Express bus didn't come. Were they running yesterday? I waited for ages, nothing. Drove in and noticed bunches of Crows fans waiting at all the stops looking up the street anxiously.

Huge queue to get in the ground. One bloke at the front of the queue slowly opening packets of masks for anyone who forget theirs (over 50% of people didn't have a mask). Finally got through and my ticket didn't work. Sorry, you'll need to go to another gate.

Righto... another huge queue. Got to front, ticket didn't work. Was obviously happening to quite a few people as there was a staff member rushing from turnstile to turnstile with a "master ticket" letting people in when their tickets didn't work.

Missed the start of the game including Tex's mark. Decided to get some food. The outlet near my seat was closed. Went to another one, huge queues even though the game had started. Finally got to the front and realised what the hold up was... no food. People standing there waiting for anything to be brought out. Staff member hurried through with a huge tray of frozen pies and pasties. Screw that, find my seat and will try again at half time.

Just before half time I headed down for food again. Huge queues again even before the siren sounded. No movement at all. I had a look at the front - no food again.

And we played stinky football. Fun times!

Sounds eerily similar to my day.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any word on Sloane? Hoping this isn't a "2-4 weeker" that turns in to 8.
He’s said himself that he will return to the club this week and resume some training, the rest period is over. Will just need to build the fitness lost from not being able to move much for over a week. A detached retina is not something to * around with, he mentioned that if it was a properly detached retina (this was only partial) then you go blind in that eye.

Pardon my intrusion , your team has nothing to be ashamed of so far this year ( in fact your humiliation of Geelong first round did the whole AFL a favour ✊ )
Huge improvement from last year and your young players have got a great future once they settle their nerves and get some experience.
Butts cut up our forward line in the first half , made them look stupid .
Would have been a different game with Sloane in , we probably wouldn't have got over the line .
Good luck for the rest of the year 👍

It was incredibly frustrating watching. I’m getting the impression he wants to do the spectacular stuff.

The only goal he got was from a Taylor Walker handball. Tex should have been greedy given he was only 20 metres out.

We need to drop Frampton - again disposal and urgency is lacking.

What are Freo going to do when both Fyfe and Mundy retire? They got 12 clearances (predominantly stoppage) between them.

After Fyfe and Mundy, we have Serong, Brayshaw and Cerra. Agree we need to add more depth. It thins out considerably then.

My Footy Express bus didn't come. Were they running yesterday? I waited for ages, nothing. Drove in and noticed bunches of Crows fans waiting at all the stops looking up the street anxiously.

Huge queue to get in the ground. One bloke at the front of the queue slowly opening packets of masks for anyone who forget theirs (over 50% of people didn't have a mask). Finally got through and my ticket didn't work. Sorry, you'll need to go to another gate.

Righto... another huge queue. Got to front, ticket didn't work. Was obviously happening to quite a few people as there was a staff member rushing from turnstile to turnstile with a "master ticket" letting people in when their tickets didn't work.

Missed the start of the game including Tex's mark. Decided to get some food. The outlet near my seat was closed. Went to another one, huge queues even though the game had started. Finally got to the front and realised what the hold up was... no food. People standing there waiting for anything to be brought out. Staff member hurried through with a huge tray of frozen pies and pasties. Screw that, find my seat and will try again at half time.

Just before half time I headed down for food again. Huge queues again even before the siren sounded. No movement at all. I had a look at the front - no food again.

No one has ever accused the sma of handling catering well.

Ask Rory Walkerfield who floated the idea, not me.
All I said was if that was the case, it's appalling.

(btw, the timing of the announcements doesn't really tell us when the decisions were made, does it? :sneaky: )
Fair enough. I was probably shooting the messenger there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1618881187497.gif

How good is Doedee?! Seriously good player. Courageous, tackles, chases, intercepts, defends and is cool under pressure. Rarely makes a mistake by hand or foot. Everything you'd want in a captain.

Those smothers might have been the highlight of the year for me.

If the Berg isn't really in great form and Thilltorpe isn't quite ready could Mcasey play the Frampton role for a few weeks? Surely it's an upgrade and we can get a bit of a read on where he is at.
I know he has been reasonably poor in the SANFL but his glimpses last year were streets ahead of Frampton - who surely was a back up break glass option prior to 2021 when all our young talls went backwards.

Lynch again not playing to his high standards - injured.
Mcadam struggling.
Ned plays like my 7 month old puppy so I sort of like it.

Hately baffles me were we lucky only going preseason?
Pedlar could have a taste soon please.

When Pedlar gets his body and fitness up there I think we will be very pleased
Really liked him in the trial
We have to be patient
Loved, loved, loved what I saw from him in that first pre-season (intra-club) game. Very, very promising prospect.

Think Fog needs to practice getting a disposal away while being tackled. He tries to muscle his way out of tackles which stops the play there when he is unable to. Doesn't seem to be his mindset to accept the tackle and attempt to get it to someone in a better position.

Most mids seem able to do this these days and the umps are being pretty lenient in giving time to get a disposal away - Mundy and Fyfe really set up play with this as it takes an opposition player out of the play.

Would help get his disposal numbers up a bit as well.

Think Fog needs to practice getting a disposal away while being tackled. He tries to muscle his way out of tackles which stops the play there when he is unable to. Doesn't seem to be his mindset to accept the tackle and attempt to get it to someone in a better position.

Most mids seem able to do this these days and the umps are being pretty lenient in giving time to get a disposal away - Mundy and Fyfe really set up play with this as it takes an opposition player out of the play.

Would help get his disposal numbers up a bit as well.
There was an incident on Sunday where he had taken possession in the forward line, shaped to handball, then pulled back for some reason - and was tackled / HTB. Too smart by half.

If the Berg isn't really in great form and Thilltorpe isn't quite ready could Mcasey play the Frampton role for a few weeks? Surely it's an upgrade and we can get a bit of a read on where he is at.
I know he has been reasonably poor in the SANFL but his glimpses last year were streets ahead of Frampton - who surely was a back up break glass option prior to 2021 when all our young talls went backwards.

Lynch again not playing to his high standards - injured.
Mcadam struggling.
Ned plays like my 7 month old puppy so I sort of like it.

Hately baffles me were we lucky only going preseason?
Pedlar could have a taste soon please.
If McAsey wants out, why waste games on him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back