• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell did Smith get in the votes.
There were 2 plays in particular which I called out in the matchday thread.

2 of the smartest statless plays I've ever seen.

Basically caused 2 turnovers just based off his defensive positioning. Admittedly, in both cases someone else made/got the turnover. But neither would've been a possibility is Smith didn't do what he did.

Do you recall the game against Collingwood a few years back, where 10 separate players got votes because Buckley and I think it was still Pyke didn't agree on a single player? It was pretty apparent at the time that Buckley had a tanty and plucked out 5 unlikelier names to vote for because they lost a game they were expected to win.

On many an occasion coaches across the league have handed out votes skewed from reality based on spite, internal politics, and other reasons.

McHenry and Jones had games that were good by their low standards, but otherwise average for their position, and not really deserving of votes.

I'd also like to ask in what world anyone who watched the game though that anybody from either team came close to taking one or both 5 votes from Dawson?
Dawson definitely a 10vote game

Do you recall the game against Collingwood a few years back, where 10 separate players got votes because Buckley and I think it was still Pyke didn't agree on a single player? It was pretty apparent at the time that Buckley had a tanty and plucked out 5 unlikelier names to vote for because they lost a game they were expected to win.

On many an occasion coaches across the league have handed out votes skewed from reality based on spite, internal politics, and other reasons.

McHenry and Jones had games that were good by their low standards, but otherwise average for their position, and not really deserving of votes.

I'd also like to ask in what world anyone who watched the game though that anybody from either team came close to taking one or both 5 votes from Dawson?

For this story to be true we'd have to have won a game against Collingwood in our history

Ridiculous votes

Worried that the baffling set are Nicks' votes. If he can't judge performance properly, no wonder our selections are often awful

He seems like the sort of coach that would want to "reward" players that don't get the recognition they deserve for their game, even if they aren't actually best on

There were 2 plays in particular which I called out in the matchday thread.

2 of the smartest statless plays I've ever seen.

Basically caused 2 turnovers just based off his defensive positioning. Admittedly, in both cases someone else made/got the turnover. But neither would've been a possibility is Smith didn't do what he did.

Yeah but... how did he get in the votes?

Ugly: McAsey over Serong 🤢
To be fair.... I have posted this on the McAsey thread....

Pick 6 is strangely an unlucky pick out of the top 10 picks.

Yeah dockers got Hayden Young at pick 7 and Serong at pick 8. Either of those would of been nice at the crows.

But along with pick 6 in 2019 you got another pic in 2020 which ended up as Luke pedlar which wasn't a total disaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane McGoodwin , congratulations on the win.

I went to the game at Adelaide oval too.

I saw the crows midfield dominant in the middle.

It's been an interesting rebuild at the crows. But you crows fans know it is slowly getting into place.

Forward lines form is extreme on both ends. Rounds 1 and 2 it was inaccurate. On rounds 3 in the showdown and 4 vs Freo, it shows what the forward line is capable of when things run well.

I actually predicted the crows to get 9th to 12th this season and finals in 2024.

Now I actually think crows could make finals in 2023, finish 10th or 11th In 2024 then finals in 2025-9.

That forward line talent post Tex Walker looks very good. Riley Tilthorpe at full forward ruckman. Fogarty at centre half forward.

Rankine, Rachele, Shane McAdam etc all decent small forwards that are quick.

Dawson and a fully fit milera looks good too.

I hope your mob beats Carlton in gather round. Makes the crows 3 wins and 2 losses after 5 games .

Another thing upon re-watching. The Hamish haters would really not like how this season is tracking at all.

Fog last year. Now Jones, Pedlar, Thilthorpe, and yesterday McHenry and Milera all playing well.

If the last few weeks is anything to go by there will be some fairly decent egg to be wiped off some faces soon.

Bravery medals to all who call themselves out
Sure..

but did you like Serong’s game at all?.. probably the best mid out there in that game if we’re honest with ourselves…

went two picks later in the 2019 draft than Fisher McAsey..

kossie Pickett went six picks later
Will Day went seven picks later..

Hamish gets an F- and probably deserves a very hard punch in the face for that draft..

it’s real vomit inducing stuff.

the Hamish detractors have plenty of evidence to suggest he ain’t as fantastic as some like to make out.

especially when it comes to early picks..

you maybe wanna go look at other players taken after guys like Milera, Jones, McHenry and Gallucci?.. take a box of tissues with you..

Sure..

but did you like Serong’s game at all?.. probably the best mid out there in that game if we’re honest with ourselves…

went two picks later in the 2019 draft than Fisher McAsey..

kossie Pickett went six picks later
Will Day went seven picks later..

Hamish gets an F- and probably deserves a very hard punch in the face for that draft..

it’s real vomit inducing stuff.

the Hamish detractors have plenty of evidence to suggest he ain’t as fantastic as some like to make out.

especially when it comes to early picks..

you maybe wanna go look at other players taken after guys like Milera, Jones, McHenry and Gallucci?.. take a box of tissues with you..
Serong is a gun , ironically I can remember some people not wanting to draft him with a pick too high because of his size. Then we picked who we picked...

Kane McGoodwin , congratulations on the win.

I went to the game at Adelaide oval too.

I saw the crows midfield dominant in the middle.

It's been an interesting rebuild at the crows. But you crows fans know it is slowly getting into place.

Forward lines form is extreme on both ends. Rounds 1 and 2 it was inaccurate. On rounds 3 in the showdown and 4 vs Freo, it shows what the forward line is capable of when things run well.

I actually predicted the crows to get 9th to 12th this season and finals in 2024.

Now I actually think crows could make finals in 2023, finish 10th or 11th In 2024 then finals in 2025-9.

That forward line talent post Tex Walker looks very good. Riley Tilthorpe at full forward ruckman. Fogarty at centre half forward.

Rankine, Rachele, Shane McAdam etc all decent small forwards that are quick.

Dawson and a fully fit milera looks good too.

I hope your mob beats Carlton in gather round. Makes the crows 3 wins and 2 losses after 5 games .
Thanks - hope you enjoyed the experience despite the loss.

Good to see we are playing a more attacking game style & skill level improving compared to past few years. Makes a big difference playing Dawson, Rachele & Soligo through the midfield.

Think we should finish around mid table, but still reckon 2024 is when we push for finals as likely to be inconsistent with this young list.

We got another reminder of the Serong v McAsey blunder. Not sure what is happening with your forward line though. Fyfe & Frederick back will help. Walters has been such a fun player to watch but sadly appears a shadow of himself. Why isn't Brodie playing as thought he was great last year?

Gather you will get to see 2 games in a row with Gather round. You should clean up the under achieving Gold Coast to get back on track.

Thanks - hope you enjoyed the experience despite the loss.

Good to see we are playing a more attacking game style & skill level improving compared to past few years. Makes a big difference playing Dawson, Rachele & Soligo through the midfield.

Think we should finish around mid table, but still reckon 2024 is when we push for finals as likely to be inconsistent with this young list.

We got another reminder of the Serong v McAsey blunder. Not sure what is happening with your forward line though. Fyfe & Frederick back will help. Walters has been such a fun player to watch but sadly appears a shadow of himself. Why isn't Brodie playing as thought he was great last year?

Gather you will get to see 2 games in a row with Gather round. You should clean up the under achieving Gold Coast to get back on track.
I have no idea why we dropped Will Broadie. He averaged 27 disposals last season when Freo made finals.

Some Freo fans say that we can't fit both Broadie and JOM in the same side as we are too slow.

Experience counts sometimes.

As for Walters.... The bloke is 32 or 33 years old. Yeah he has lost some pace. But he is mortal and human after all. He did kick 25 goals and 15 behinds last season.

Saying that... The difference between your team's small forwards and Freos small forwards is night and day.

Rachele and Rankine both have pace and talent and both can create goals from half chances.

I love Lachie Schulz at Freo. He kicked 30 goals and 25 behinds last season. He is like Hayden Ballantyne. A small mature aged forward pocket but with out the niggling or dirty tactics.

I have always rated Shane McAdam. I still remember him playing for Sturt before he got drafted by the crows. He always had a solid kick in him.

As far as freos forward line issues.... We are damed either way.

We traded guys like McCarthy and Hogan and Lobb and they don't work out.

We recruited guys like Michael Apeness and Scott Jones as KPF ruckman and neither worked out.

Sam Sturt has talent but is injury prone.

Traecy and Amiss are both 192-194 cm but are young and still developing.

Again.... Can't trade in a decent forward, can't draft a good one either. We are stuffed either way .

I have no idea why we dropped Will Broadie. He averaged 27 disposals last season when Freo made finals.

Some Freo fans say that we can't fit both Broadie and JOM in the same side as we are too slow.

As for Walters.... The bloke is 32 or 33 years old. Yeah he has lost some pace. But he is mortal and human after all. He did kick 25 goals and 15 behinds last season.

Saying that... The difference between your team's small forwards and Freos small forwards is night and day.

Rachele and Rankine both have pace and talent and both can create goals from half chances.

I love Lachie Schulz at Freo. He kicked 30 goals and 25 behinds last season. He is like Hayden Ballantyne. A small mature aged forward pocket but with out the niggling or dirty tactics.

I have always rated Shane McAdam. I still remember him playing for Sturt before he got drafted by the crows. He always had a solid kick in him.

We recruited guys like Michael Apeness and Scott Jones as KPF ruckman and neither worked out.

Again.... Can't trade in a decent forward, can't draft a good one either. We are stuffed either way .
You might be able to get Mitch Georgiades cheap.

Second, maybe third rounder.

Talented, but not a good fit at Port.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good call.

Think it would be in Georgiades best interests to move clubs as has stagnated under Ken.

Freo would be a good fit.

Amiss is one heck of a talent. Just needs another couple of pre-seasons and 40 more games under his belt.

Why isn't Erasmus getting games? He should be playing ahead of guys like Banfield.

You probably need a couple of small defenders as small forwards seem to cut you up. That Walker bloke looks out of his depth.

That's the bloody irony about Mitch Georgiades. He was pick 18 or 19 in that 2019 draft but got Serong and Young instead.

Dockers have no 2023 1st or 2023 2nd rounder anyway

Amiss is one heck of a talent. Just needs another couple of pre-seasons and 40 more games under his belt.

Why isn't Erasmus getting games? He should be playing ahead of guys like Banfield.

You probably need a couple of small defenders as small forwards seem to cut you up. That Walker bloke looks out of his depth.
Erasmus isn't getting games Because Justin Longmuir is relying on older players to win games.

I would be playing Erasmus at worst on the bench.

In the other hand, we gave Matthew Johnson his debut games.

Back