• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Wellā€¦ Luke has already surpassed Garyā€™s 0 VFL/AFL games recordā€¦

if we are gonna discuss low barsā€¦
red card soccer GIF by HuaweiMobileFr

Found this really interesting after I missed the footage live... Dawson is superb and even tells Lairdy where he wants him... and I sure didn't see the Nicks/VB interaction in the box... brilliant from Nicks.

There was a big difference to the way we handled the final minutes compared to Collingwood. Soligo decided to kick to a contest, while Collingwood looked to keep possession and run down the clock. I was expecting soligo to try that but he didn't. Questions should be asked why not.

Ugly: the commentary from Dunstall and Hudson - basically spent the game talking about what the Hawks had just done well or just done badly whilst we had the ball rather than calling the game.

There was a big difference to the way we handled the final minutes compared to Collingwood. Soligo decided to kick to a contest, while Collingwood looked to keep possession and run down the clock. I was expecting soligo to try that but he didn't. Questions should be asked why not.
Collingwood were 7 points up.. we were 2 or 3..

Easier to chip it around when you have more than 6 points buffer.

This potting of Soligo is just reaching ludicrous levels..

Has anyone named this supposedly free player that soligo shouldve kicked it to yet?..

Nope. i asked the question the other day.. Crickets.

Every player was streaming forward.

As I said the other day.. soligo took his time.. had no option present itself so had to go long into the forward line to a contest.. now given he took his time the question that really should be asked is how, with so many of our players at that forward line contest, was a Hawks player so easily allowed to mark the footy?..

Ffsā€¦ not one of our blokes got a finger on it.. there was a dozen of them down there with plenty of time to set themselves and get ready for the incoming ballā€¦ and yet not one of them could even make a contest of it.

Then Amon and Impey were left to freely run the ball out of our 50 for about the thousanth fxxkn time that day!ā€¦

where were our two pressure small forwards that a few in here constantly sing the praises of?.. againā€¦ no fxxkn where to be seen!.. pfffftt.. and some in here delusionally want one of these guys to be ā€œsent to Daicosā€ this week!

What?.. so Daicos can be allowed to run around like an unregistered dog like Jarman Impey was allowed to ALL game off half back on the weekend!?..

Has anyone named this supposedly free player that soligo shouldve kicked it to yet?..

As I said the other day.. soligo took his time.. had no option present itself so had to go long into the forward line to a contest.. now given he took his time the question that really should be asked is how, with so many of our players at that forward line contest, was a Hawks player so easily allowed to mark the footy?..

Ffsā€¦ not one of our blokes got a finger on it.. there was a dozen of them down there with plenty of time to set themselves and get ready for the incoming ballā€¦ and yet not one of them could even make a contest of it.

Then Amon and Impey were left to freely run the ball out of our 50 for about the thousanth fxxkn time that day!ā€¦

where were our two pressure small forwards that a few in here constantly sing the praises of?.. againā€¦ no fxxkn where to be seen!.. pfffftt.. and some in here delusionally want one of these guys to be ā€œsent to Daicosā€ this week!

What?.. so Daicos can be allowed to run around like an unregistered dog like Jarman Impey was allowed to ALL game off half back on the weekend!?..
Iā€™ve just watched the ending now, what you canā€™t see from the TV is if there were players behind him he could have found. But do you really want to go back with that time left and where does the next kick go? If thatā€™s turned over deep in our defence we would be ****ed.

On the wings the Hawks players were close enough to make any kick dangerous.

We should have been able to create a contest from Soligos kick. The return kick found Amon in space in front of Sloane. Amons kick to Impey was a great one that carried Jones I think.

Our defenders did well when it got in there but we lost four contests which allowed the ball to be repeatedly pumped into their forward line, 3 in that last 30 secs, thatā€™s pretty crap. Our defenders did well to repel each attack but we were lucky in the end, any one of those entries could have been the difference.

Mate - I was there. He had free players, he put the blinkers on and pumped it forward. It was not to our advantage.

Maybe leave Keays out of your posts for a while? You sound hurt.

1 thing I noticed on the rewatch was how feverishly the Hawks tried to clog up the corridor and clearances. And that many of our successful trips into attack actually came via wide trips down the wings.

Feel like we probably didnt catch onto that defensive tactic from them quick enough which led to them staying in the game. And we might be better for the Hawks pointing it out to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a bit hard making judgement off still shots. Both players you have circled have hawks players 5 or so metred away who could quite easily close in on the kick and create a contest and spoil.. and Rankineā€™s (in the bottom right hand corner) is running away from him.

If he hadve kicked sideways and it resulted in a turnover everyone would be squealing about him making a poor decision to go sideways.

I think the Crows coaching staff would be as or more disappointed in our inability to force a stoppage upfield as they would Soligo kicking long
Yep, he kicked it to a bunch of players, we couldnā€™t impact the contest at all, they took a clean mark and then moved the ball on easily. It was poor by our forwards, really that last minute was poor by a number of players except for some of the defenders like Murray, Max.

They pumped the ball into our forward line 3 times in 30 secs! We got lucky.

Iā€™ll give you the second (in a pinch, could still be a short turnover) one but the first heā€™s still going backward to take the kick and Jiath could close that down.

Its a bit hard making judgement off still shots. Both players you have circled have hawks players 5 or so metred away who could quite easily close in on the kick and create a contest and spoil.. and Rankineā€™s (in the bottom right hand corner) is running away from him.

If he hadve kicked sideways and it resulted in a turnover everyone would be squealing about him making a poor decision to go sideways.

Both were easy kicks - again, the stills are just to back up what I saw on the day.

Crows supporters around me were yelling the same thing ...

His long kick was not towards the boundary, and not to any of our forwards advantage. A MUCH bigger risk than either of the sideways options.

The best option was the wing (pic 2).

1682554433821.png

We had an outnumber behind and a free player ahead - could have easily taken up some valuable seconds with simple keeping off, which would have drawn the defenders and helped our forwards when we did decide to go long DOWN THE LINE towards the boundary.

Who died and made you the boardā€™s censor?..
What did I censor - or are you just confused by the word? Just pointing out that somehow you managed to make a discussion about the decision Soligo made at the end of the game about Keays. Seems weird that you have to try and find a way in nearly every post to stick your small boots into Ben.

There was a free player on his left waving his arms. And Sloane was apparently telling him to slow down.

Both were easy kicks - again, the stills are just to back up what I saw on the day.

Crows supporters around me were yelling the same thing ...

His long kick was not towards the boundary, and not to any of our forwards advantage. A MUCH bigger risk than either of the sideways options.

The best option was the wing (pic 2).

View attachment 1671491

We had an outnumber behind and a free player ahead - could have easily taken up some valuable seconds with simple keeping off, which would have drawn the defenders and helped our forwards when we did decide to go long DOWN THE LINE towards the boundary.
Mate..

Heā€™s a young kid. You can see him look around when he got up to take the free kick.. he made a judgment call not to go sideways based on what he could see (not on what we can/could see in hindsight)..

In the end he went long into our forward line to a contestā€¦ where our forwards, and everyone else that had run forward, allowed it to be waltz straight back out.

What did I censor - or are you just confused by the word? Just pointing out that somehow you managed to make a discussion about the decision Soligo made at the end of the game about Keays. Seems weird that you have to try and find a way in nearly every post to stick your small boots into Ben.
If I want to talk about ben I will.. heā€™s a weak link.

Why do you care if I do?.

And I have you know I wear size 11 and a half boots!..

Back