• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Please see my reply to ABAB .

1) Kicked 4.3 from 27 kicks total in 3 games 2023, fair enough. Good start. I hope he does even better.
2) that would be great :thumbsu:.
3) 2.38 marks/game, 4.075/game in 2023 (how many contested, do you know please?). 5 tackles/game, great :thumbsu:.
4) agree, and Burgess will affect that very positively.

It should be clear than I am not negative about Pedlar. I acknowledged in detail his positives and think he has great potential. But people have been gushing about him in here beyond his actual performances, that's all.
How about at the end of the year we look at the Coaches' votes for him in the BnF for the 3 games he's played?
Has he got any AFLCA Coaches' votes yet?

It’s the way he goes about it. He will be a beast when he gets his fitness to the level. This year he is essentially a first year. Tends to start games well and drop out as the game goes on

When he can play 4 quarters - hopefully next year - he will be something to watch

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Take his final 1/4 out he has an average to fair game.
His last quarter was great but lets not turn it into some sort of 4 quarter domination.

Nah, nobody should watch that game again.
You are nuts. The pressure in that game was immense. 165 tackles. That’s the game finals are like.

I think Michalanney is beyond potential. I think he's very good now, achieving now, beyond his age and experience and am confident he'll be a 200+ rock for the Crows.
Soligo is in my Pedlar boat; huge potential. I'll wait'n'see, but like Pedlar I hope he excels too.
I understand all views are subjective ....that said, I'm not sure how you can differentiate between Soligo, Michalanney, Thilthorpe & Pedlar .....I guess, we all have our personal favourites ;)

Thank you, but this thread is 35 pages. Please send me a link/reference to your post?
Using the "search" function, can save you a lot of time ....and narrow your search parameters by keywords ....by thread, forum, or overall site

What about him holding the ball in one hand, doing a fend off near the boundary and changing his mind mid-disposal and then kicking to a Crows player in the preseason against Fremantle?
Trust me .....Pedlar is a replica of Gary McIntosh in all facets .....excepting Pedlar is better above his head

Am I wrong George Kramer

You are nuts. The pressure in that game was immense. 165 tackles. That’s the game finals are like.
Correct ....this HAW game was high pressure ....and exactly the right type of game, leading into the next block of games - COLL, CATS, SAINTS & BULLDOGS ....all of which will be pressure games

They'll learn more out of that game, than an easy 10 goal win .....any heads that were starting to swell amongst the younger brigade, have been quelled

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you can differentiate between Soligo, Michalanney, Thilthorpe & Pedlar .....
I wanna qualify that 'like', because I'm not sure how you can not, well, apart from their physical differences.

Of them all, Michalanney is the best player, now. In my opinion.
By 'best' I mean most reliable, calmest, most composed. Rarely makes a mistake. Excellent anticipation, strong overhead mark. Knows when to stop and when to go. He switches ON when the game starts and doesn't switch off until the end. Of the four, who'd you want playing for your life, right now?
Michalanney, for mine.

Thilthorpe runs hot and cold. Sometimes his overhead marking makes my jaw drop (no hangers, just good hands high) and his skills below his knees are awesome for such a tall fella. Disappears for long periods, sometimes whole games. Astonishing that EH was preferred to him at year's start, but they've fixed that. I don't think his ruckwork is much chop --- I'd leave that to RoB, with Tex rucking in the F50 so that RoB can drop back a kick behind the play. I like when Thilthorpe has license (or instruction) to roam. His marking on a wing sometimes is a real opposition-stopper.

Iirc, Nicks picked Soligo for Round 1 last year but dropped him next game. What does that mean? Dunno, maybe he caught Nicks' eye pre-season but was found out for speed and tank?
Several people spoke very highly of his first half on Sunday, but I think I'm basing my impressions of Soligo (and Pedlar) on Nett game effect.
Pedlar's 11 involvements in the first half contained 4 turnovers, 3 straight to surprised/grateful Hawks players, but I don't know if they cost goals which would be worst-case scenario.
Worth noting that only 32/99 people thought he played well in the Poll.
Pedlar is a replica of Gary McIntosh in all facets
I can't comment. I was around when he played but not a Norwood supporter so paid little attention. No AFL career to comment on, but McIntosh is highly regarded and a Magarey winner, so yours is high praise.
I can just tell that he’s gonna be a gun.
I can't, YET, but I sure hope so!

I looked at our 2020 Round One side. At least a third proved to be duds and list cloggers.
Our current side is so, SO much better, and I'm very happy that the 4 players above are a part of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End product might not be...
Doubt George Kramer was old enough to pass a valid analysis on Gary's early career, given he started in 1982 .....comparing a mature McIntosh to a 10 game player is unfair ....their playing styles are just so similar though

Playing style is the same, never denied that, but ability isn’t the same. Macca better disposal, Carrie the team on his back. Pedlar longer kick and better goal kicking ability.
Not as a 10 game player he didn't

Has anyone actually tried a designated, hard tag on Daicos yet this year? I'm not talking a "defensive forward" who tries to get loose occasionally and kick a goal like Keays on Saad - I mean proper sacrificial tag.
No.

Back