• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ummmm, just noticed a familiar face - a certain development coach with Hawthorn.

Attachments

• DAD6EADA-0720-48F8-9FFD-926B329151BF.png
    DAD6EADA-0720-48F8-9FFD-926B329151BF.png
    523.4 KB · Views: 104
So just rewatched the first half. The number of times we hand passed straight to a hawthorn player, as if our guys thought they were a team mate.

i reckon it’s that stupid ******* red guernsey. How often do we wear it? Do the team train with it at all? Because when it came to an instinctive give, we missed the target a lot.

i say burn that ugly red thing. Should be the usual home guernsey or if there’s a clash, the white one. Full stop.

So just rewatched the first half. The number of times we hand passed straight to a hawthorn player, as if our guys thought they were a team mate.

i reckon it’s that stupid ******* red guernsey. How often do we wear it? Do the team train with it at all? Because when it came to an instinctive give, we missed the target a lot.

i say burn that ugly red thing. Should be the usual home guernsey or if there’s a clash, the white one. Full stop.
Found myself wishing we had worn the gather round strip. I hate the red strip.

Hate the pear said:
"It was a full house -
I hear what you are saying... .. so tassie side out and mount barker to join afl in 2025...."

I'm the bloke on the R:
ReflectingHappygoluckyAmericanalligator-max-1mb.gif

Ummmm, just noticed a familiar face - a certain development coach with Hawthorn.
he was their womens assistant last season. watched one of their games and i'm pretty sure its the first time i've heard him talk

I don't think it was the red guernsey itself, but more how "similar" it was to Hawthorn's yellow and brown.

It was made even worse by how sunny it was. Our blue guernsey would have been way less of a clash.

+
I don't think it was the red guernsey itself, but more how "similar" it was to Hawthorn's yellow and brown.

It was made even worse by how sunny it was. Our blue guernsey would have been way less of a clash.
I don't see any colour or design similarities/clashes; white shorts as opposed to dark shorts (black/dark brown?) as well.
Please have a look at the still photo on AFC Home Page --- "last two minutes" video --- the differences are very clear imo.

It might have been that the Hawks players had been instructed to call for the ball (players often react to the direction a voice is coming from) in congestion, when the Crows have the ball.
One of the oldest tricks in the book.

I don’t think Soligo had a choice, didn’t look like he did. We really should have been able to kill that contest, we allowed defenders to take way too many marks. We’ve got 3 big blokes up there FFS. That’s why a guy like Gollant has benefit as he flies at everything.

He had multiple options and Sloane telling him to slow down.

Was a rushed slightly manic decision to go long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he was their womens assistant last season. watched one of their games and i'm pretty sure its the first time i've heard him talk
It’s nice to see the connections across the industry.

Mackay one week and, this week, for the Pies, Hayden Skipworth is backs coach and Andy Otten is a development coach.

Ok, for you to say that now you’re talking about ability, do you think he will be as good a footballer as Macca?
Can we all just step back a bit and agree that Pedlar is the type of player that makes us cast our minds back to the likes of Garry Macintosh ...

1682495120237.jpeg

I mean, it does look familiar.

That is an entirely different thing to compare one of (if not the) the greatest SA player to not play VFL to a young man just starting to make his mark.

Can we all just step back a bit and agree that Pedlar is the type of player that makes us cast our minds back to the likes of Garry Macintosh ...

View attachment 1670986

That is an entirely different thing to compare one of (if not the) the greatest SA player to not play VFL to a young man just starting to make his mark.
Probably broke the tackles 😍

View attachment 1670986

I get ask regularly by ex AFL players of that era that know of Macca, how good was he and would he have been any good in the AFL

Back