Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week the Bulldogs won their fifth game in a row and had 7 players with less than 50 games.

This week, three of the unforced changes reduced their “KIDS“ from 7 to 4*.

Are you saying that we should make unforced changes to reduce the number of KIDS?

Not one of your best Trolls Scorpus.

* We have averaged more than FOURTEEN sub-50 game players a week this season
But you know - facts.

If you read twitter, it's amazing the outrage the selection of RT has caused.

Like genuine outrage.
From who?

The Venn diagram of people thinking it's the wrong call (Himmelberg should be playing) and the people who think Mackay should be in the team (and is a great player) would be two perfectly overlapping circles

From who?

The Venn diagram of people thinking it's the wrong call (Himmelberg should be playing) and the people who think Mackay should be in the team (and is a great player) would be two perfectly overlapping circles
There's a number of apricot slice types who agree with Mark Bickley.

It's embarassing

It's embarassing
Just remember that 50% of all people are below average intelligence. It'll help you cope with these events

Reality is if we're picking on SANFL form alone then we probably only pick Hately and DMac

Bickley is a complete fence sitter, and his type of outlook/views of the crows is the reason we haven’t won a flag since ‘98. Gutless, uninspiring and orthodox. He also likes being the only premiership captain.
I respect him for what he's done, but his selection views are poor.

He said you couldn't pick Thilthorpe because it ruins selection integrity.
FMD.

You maintain structural integrity sure 100%, but selection?

Good Clubs, always look to improve their side with selections even if they are winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear we had Jake Lever or his missus going to uni here as proof he was staying.
His fiance was a qualified teacher. She apparently told he class she was going back to Melbourne very on (according to BF)
Just remember that 50% of all people are below average intelligence. It'll help you cope with these events
Below or equal to

FMD.

You maintain structural integrity sure 100%, but selection?

Good Clubs, always look to improve their side with selections even if they are winning.
I guess his point was that in this instance wouldn't improve our side because h hasn't "bashed the door down"

It's embarassing
The apricot slice brigade have always been embarrassing but they are just average people. Bickley on the other hand should know better. If we're going to reward form, Thilthorpe will never get a game because no tall forward is going to look good playing in our current SANFL squad.

Bickley should be stricken from the record as far as objective footy commentary goes. His post footy career has been seriously unimpressive. He was a bad coach, a talking head on some news program and now he's a PR boot licker. I wish he'd just * off.

I guess his point was that in this instance wouldn't improve our side because h hasn't "bashed the door down"
Thanks.

That mantra applies to Clubs that have a well performing reserves side.

TT playing as a key forward is going to be challenging if the delivery is sub standard.

Didnt TT perform well in the SANFL last year? Thats the form we should be using to guide us, if he is "bashing down the door".

No club chooses to do a total rebuild. A total rebuild is forced upon a club by their list mismanagement. Total rebuild is code for poor draft picks which didn't work out leaving a gap on the list for experience combined with players we wanted to stay who have left which adds to the loss of experience. Throw in sone bad contracts to undeserving experienced players, an inability to move out underperforming players and an inability to trade in anyone of quality and you have the recipe for a total rebuild. Good clubs rarely go through a total rebuild as essentially that means your systems have failed. The only club that would have an out for a total rebuild would be Hawthorn.

One of the few things that I agree with the Trolls is that there is one measure of success, PREMIERSHIPS.

If you are unlikely to compete for a top four (preferably top two) spot then you have to improve your squad and this is likely to result in a decline in performance. At the end of 2019 we started down the total rebuild path and there will be plenty more pain before we are back competing for the flag.

Geelong and Hawthorn have opted for a top up strategy assisted by a seemingly bottomless salary cap. I expect the Hawks to win tomorrow with the experience of Frost, Hartigan, Burgoyne, Wingard, McEvoy etc. I believe that we will get more out of the match.

Why would genuine crow supporters spend all their time posting about David Mackay playing one game rather than the development of Butts, Hamill, Scholl, McPherson, Schoenberg, McHenry, Berry, Rowe, McAdam, Hately, Thilthorpe, Worrell etc?

If you read twitter, it's amazing the outrage the selection of RT has caused.

Like genuine outrage.
What you read on Twitter depends on who you follow (obviously). My twitter football feed is full of people praising the selection.

Ruthless bunch, you are. Mark Bickley, has done more for SA footy — and our club — than most. And, in this case, he’s right to a degree about Thilly. If Thilly was pick 40 in the draft, we would all agree that his selection is odd, and flies in the face of picking players on form. Having said that, I’m bloody pumped that he’s been selected.

Ruthless bunch, you are. Mark Bickley, has done more for SA footy — and our club — than most. And, in this case, he’s right to a degree about Thilly. If Thilly was pick 40 in the draft, we would all agree that his selection is odd, and flies in the face of picking players on form. Having said that, I’m bloody pumped that he’s been selected.
Hey bicks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back