Preview Changes v Tiggers - Round 7 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep i agree as well however Bevo will probably bring in Roarke Smith, Weightman, Hayes and Buku.... thats what he does
The 2020 EF is the final game Smith will play for us. I'll be shocked if this turns out to be incorrect.

Remove a midfielder who’s arguably been our best this season and an ever emerging ruck/fwd with a great set of hands (who has been BOG in 1-2 games) and were a better side?
Depends on who goes out. As much as Dunkley has been great, his output could very well be covered by bumps in performance to guys like Smith, Treloar, and Hunter who have all been moved to different parts of the ground. I absolutely believe that JUH could influence our side as much or more than English. They are totally different but I am confident that JUH when paired with Naughton and Bruce will be as dangerous, if not way more up front. Not sure how much we lose in the ruck. But mostly, if the likes of Scott, JJ, Vandemeer or McNeil go out and are replaced by West, Lipi, Hannan or Garcia there is every chance those guys are way better performers than who they are replacing.

Their Outs:
Martin
Prestia
Vlastuin
Lambert
Grimes (potentially)

If we lose this without the above playing, we’re not there yet.

For us...

Out:
Dunks
Limey
Jong :'(
VDM

In:
Lip
Rhylee
Shaq
McNeil
Sub: Garcia/Buku/Wal

Scott on notice

Really interested to see if Bevo goes with reason and picks Schache. That way, we keep our 3 tall forward structure, and the back-up ruck role.
Wouldn't surprise me if Buku debuts and comes in for Cordy given the relative lack of height up forward for the Tigers

Lynch, Riewoldt, Broad can play tall, Balta can be thrown fwd.
Don't see them as small myself....

Lip in for Dunks, all of Lip/Baz/West to rotate through the guts to cover Dunks minutes plus also take some load off the other mainstays who have done some huge minutes to start off the year.

If Hannan is considered ready him, if not, Butler in for Jong. Jong started on the wing last week, plus we also need to cover Baz’s minutes on the wing with him going inside. Keep Hunter forward, he’s growing there.

West in for Scott. Scott’s playing a forward/defensive role, West has him covered in every aspect of the game.

McNeil straight swap for VDM.

Schache straight swap for English.

Scott sub

that’s my final thoughts on team selection, won’t happen though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WRITTEN IN THE STARS: I'm predicting a draw.

Our last draw was 297 matches ago. It's the longest active streak of any team. Our previous draw occurred:
  • Against Richmond;
  • When we were undefeated.

Based on the VFL games I have seen Schache deserves a chance. I would rather JUH from an excitement point of view of having a new kid play but Josh deserves a crack. He hasn't kicked as many goals as JUH but has taken some big contested marks and at this stage seems to have improved on his deficiencies from previous years.

Their Outs:
Martin
Prestia
Vlastuin
Lambert
Grimes (potentially)

If we lose this without the above playing, we’re not there yet.

For us...

Out:
Dunks
Limey
Jong :'(
VDM

In:
Lip
Rhylee
Shaq
McNeil
Sub: Garcia/Buku/Wal

Scott on notice
I mean they have some massive outs but so do we, Grimes will play as well.

Martin, Prestia, Vlaustin, Lambert vs Dunkley, English & Williams.

That’s 3 of our best 10, and 4 of their best 10.

Lynch, Riewoldt, Broad can play tall, Balta can be thrown fwd.
Don't see them as small myself....
Absolutely no way they're throwing Balta forward when they have 2m tall blokes to contend with down back, broad plays back.

GWS played with 3 talls and Riewoldt's not as heavy as any of them. I reckon we can do it structurally, it's more just if Buku is a better player on debut than Cordy is right now.

Schache has to come in, with Bruce pinch-hitting in the ruck... well, so you would think..
Schache would ruck if he's in the team, given he rucked a fair bit in 2019 and Bruce simply has looked hopeless whenever he's had to ruck.

Lipinski, Hannan in
Wouldn't mind Schache Wallis for a fairly experienced side. Although would love to see West

Remove this Banner Ad

Back