C: Seedsman, Keays, Sholl
HF: McHenry, Fogarty, Schoenberg
F: Murphy, Walker, Thilthorpe
R: O'Brien, Sloane, Laird
I: Worrell, Hately, Hamill, Berry
Sub: Mackay

I was being more sarcastic than anything

Since the showdown final I’m quite meh about minor round showdowns

We need 5 more wins this year to make it a pass mark to me and we never have wins against any of last years top 8 even pencilled in

That said
Port were monstered themselves last night

Ya never know
5 more wins for a pass?

I'm not sure we want 8 wins. It takes us into pick 6+ range, and I think that's an issue.

If we're competitive most weeks, I'm very happy with a six win year.

I think if you replace the word 'strong' (or stronger) with 'dumb' (or dumber) then you will have fixed your sentences.
He's trolling. Not sure it needs a response. It's the same boring s**t he posts most weeks.

I like 1970, but he can say the same bloody thing over and over again when given a chance ...

So, everyone is saying that Fogarty should be given 5 games to prove himself (after Frampton was given 5), but now they all want Himmelberg dropped after only 2 games?

Never change BigFooty, never change.
For wet conditions imo we should play Fog over Berg.

I have not given up on Berg, but sometimes horses for courses.

Out: Rowe, McAdam, Himmelberg, McPherson, Mackay
In: Sloane, Fogarty, Jones, Worrell, Brown
Fog shouldn't come back in.

Out: Rowe, McAdam, McPherson, Mackay
In: Sloane, Hamill, Worrell, Brown

5 more wins for a pass?

I'm not sure we want 8 wins. It takes us into pick 6+ range, and I think that's an issue.

If we're competitive most weeks, I'm very happy with a six win year.
Yes, the priority this year is to get games into our younger players so that they learn the game plan.

Whilst we don't want to have to many games like yesterday, if we have some competitive losses over development, I'm not fussed... along with a top 5 or so pick.

Sloane, Brown and Lynch for Murray, McPherson and Himmelberg will be what happens. Jones to cop the sub punishment again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, everyone is saying that Fogarty should be given 5 games to prove himself (after Frampton was given 5), but now they all want Himmelberg dropped after only 2 games?

Never change BigFooty, never change.
Maybe you should actually start watching the games..

himmelberg shouldnt have been bought into the AFL side.. apart from one half decent game in the sanfl this entire year he’s been in garbage form. Totally shithouse. He’s was crap again against GWS.

frampton hasnt yet earnt a return call up to the AFL.. did some alright things today.. took some strong contested grabs.. to be fair he was double teamed all day. But still, he can stay back in the sanfl and himmelberg can join him.

fog to come back in.. TT can chop out in the ruck for those 7 average minutes at game that ROB is resting.. Tex can help out for stoppages in the forward 50. Hell, they should even try fog for a couple of centre bounces.. he may not win the tap but he’ll be another midfielder type once the ball hits the ground.. he did some good things at the CB’s today..

worrell needs to be given his debut. Well overdue.

mcasey isnt far off.. hes been solid.

would love to say newchurch in for rowe but geez, the poor lad had a terrible game today. Nothing went his way and I mean NOTHING at all.. he had one of those days where every umpire call goes against you and the ball bounces away from you everytime you go near it.

jones was great today.. really looks strong off half back, would
love to piss Mookay off and get jones in but not just yet..leave him in the sanfl to keep developing his game there but hopefully we may have found something there that saves his career. Just looks to be getting some real confidence back into his footy.

Maybe you should actually start watching the games..

himmelberg shouldnt have been bought into the AFL side.. apart from one half decent game in the sanfl this entire year he’s been in garbage form. Totally shithouse. He’s was crap again against GWS.

frampton hasnt yet earnt a return call up to the AFL.. did some alright things today.. took some strong contested grabs.. to be fair he was double teamed all day. But still, he can stay back in the sanfl and himmelberg can join him.

fog to come back in.. TT can chop out in the ruck for those 7 average minutes at game that ROB is resting.. Tex can help out for stoppages in the forward 50. Hell, they should even try fog for a couple of centre bounces.. he may not win the tap but he’ll be another midfielder type once the ball hits the ground.. he did some good things at the CB’s today..

worrell needs to be given his debut. Well overdue.

mcasey isnt far off.. hes been solid.

would love to say newchurch in for rowe but geez, the poor lad had a terrible game today. Nothing went his way and I mean NOTHING at all.. he had one of those days where every umpire call goes against you and the ball bounces away from you everytime you go near it.

jones was great today.. really looks strong off half back, would
love to piss Mookay off and get jones in but not just yet..leave him in the sanfl to keep developing his game there but hopefully we may have found something there that saves his career. Just looks to be getting some real confidence back into his footy.
Any excuse for hypocrisy. Don't change BC, don't change.

Any excuse for hypocrisy. Don't change BC, don't change.
Wow.. really detailed and well thought out response.

himmelberg has been garbage.. that isnt in doubt.. and Frampton wasnt given a block of five games by choice in the first place so your initial comment is nonsense.

the only reason Frampton played in those first few games, and wasnt dropped earlier, was simply because there wasnt anyone in the seconds showing enough to warrant replacing him with and he was the better player out of frampton, himm and TT in those initial trial matches. It had nothing to do with the club, or anyone for that matter, wanting to give him a decent block of games.

its the same reason Rowe hasnt been dropped yet.. theres no one to replace with from the sanfl side..

Wow.. really detailed and well thought out response.

himmelberg has been garbage.. that isnt in doubt.. and Frampton wasnt given a block of five games by choice in the first place so your initial comment is nonsense.

the only reason Frampton played in those first few games, and wasnt dropped earlier, was simply because there wasnt anyone in the seconds showing enough to warrant replacing him with and he was the better player out of frampton, himm and TT in those initial trial matches. It had nothing to do with the club, or anyone for that matter, wanting to give him a decent block of games.

its the same reason Rowe hasnt been dropped yet.. theres no one to replace with from the sanfl side..
Himmelberg was good in the Hawthorn game, and had an "almost" game against GWS - his work rate & positioning were excellent, only to ruin his good work by dropping the ball every time he tried to mark it. His work rate & positioning at least mean that there's something there for the coaches to work with, and a reason to persist.

By your own logic, Frampton wasn't dropped because there was nobody to replace him - and now there's nobody to replace Himmelberg either, so...

People keep saying that Fogarty should have been given 5 matches, despite being hot garbage in all 3 of the games he played. These same people refuse to make the same argument for Himmelberg. It can't be on the basis of performance, because Himmelberg has shown 10x as much in his 20 games than Fogarty has in his 27. The only reason for this logic failure is hypocrisy.

What now you are suggesting Fog can't play wet weather football lol...
I'm suggesting that Fogarty is a liability, which is why he was playing SANFL today and not AFL yesterday. I think we should be going smaller in the wet conditions, and that means selecting neither Berg nor Fog.

Sloane ready?

I dropped Hberg too
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I want Sloane back because the forwards and defenders do it much harder when the mids are getting destroyed. So it's harder to get a gauge on how individuals are going. But I am concerned about his actual wellbeing given it's a potential sight issue. We know our coaches are happy to play guys into the ground when clearly injured, would we pressure Sloane to return at the first opportunity when reasonable risk remains? I don't trust us or Sloane, I just hope the worst case scenario doesn't eventuate.

I'm suggesting that Fogarty is a liability, which is why he was playing SANFL today and not AFL yesterday. I think we should be going smaller in the wet conditions, and that means selecting neither Berg nor Fog.
Your Fog hate is making you look ridiculous...

Fog is perfect for wet conditions... solid body with a booming kick.

Newchurch isn't playing AFL soon.

Worrell must play.
I'm not sure if all the people calling for Newchurch have seen him every week or just watch the highlights.

Absolutely has the tools to be a dangerous player, but he goes missing for huge chunks of the game and I'm not sure he's 100% mentally in the game 100% of the time.

For those suggesting Newchurch he is a long way off playing AFL - he has definite potential but perhaps next year or late this year for a taste but not for a fired up showdown in possibly wet conditions.

I wouldn't mind trying O'connor up in the forward six with either Rowe or McAdam making way, he was very good today.

Worrell to come in might be a good move.

I want Fog in to throw that big frame around and use that leg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back