Changes for Showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

The outs are predictable as is Boak in. Farrell is a bit of a surprise but he played well and he's probably the next small forward in line that isn't injured.

But I hope he bloody fires up and gets into the game rather than just running or drifting around the oval and having no impact. Maybe we need to do a bit of pegame Tony Raudonikis slap work on him to fire him up.

The high half forward is a graveyard position I'm not surprised fringe players go to fertiliser in it, bigger names struggle with it as well it's a half pregnant position if you see yourself as midfielder.

In: Boak, Farrell

Out: Frederick, Mayes, Woodcock

The emergencies include Woodcock and Frederick along with defender Trent McKenzie and ruckman Peter Ladhams.

The medical substitute will be named from that group of players an hour prior to Saturday night’s first bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Flogarty being persisted with as a mid in the baby croms against Sturt last week and he was getting caught htb trying to crash through Sturt players.

Don’t tell me Drew is playing on a wing (named there) .... own him in fantasy and all I remember is that Richmond game where he had 3 touches to 3QT lining up on the outside and his last quarter heroics in the middle saved him.

Don’t tell me Drew is playing on a wing (named there) .... own him in fantasy and all I remember is that Richmond game where he had 3 touches to 3QT lining up on the outside and his last quarter heroics in the middle saved him.
Think he will be in the guts M8 Farrell likely to play wing.

I hope so. SPP/Boak/Wines/Drew/Houston very much the same. Feel they view Drew the lesser of the blokes in there even though he isn't as well, so are you expecting good MID mins or will he float about?
Powell-Pepper could be up forward a lot, Houston might be down back a bit also.

I hope so. SPP/Boak/Wines/Drew/Houston very much the same. Feel they view Drew the lesser of the blokes in there even though he isn't as well, so are you expecting good MID mins or will he float about?

Houston might play more across half back with Frederick out. Houston looked a bit wounded last week. Sore shoulder. Drew will be a midfield bull again for us this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back