Bancroft given a 0 match suspension for blatant ball tampering - LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of South Africa, how there isn't ball tampering suspicions hanging over the South African team from about 2012-2017 given they were done 3 times for it in a 3 year period whilst getting match-winning amounts of reverse swing is a little perplexing.
Thank you.

Speaking of South Africa, how there isn't ball tampering suspicions hanging over the South African team from about 2012-2017 given they were done 3 times for it in a 3 year period whilst getting match-winning amounts of reverse swing is a little perplexing.

Well there are though? You just mentioned them. They aren’t suspicions they’re incidents.

The funny thing to me is ' how ******* obvious did they make it'.
The Poms Pakistanis etc done it for years under the radar. Major * up get over it.
To me Australia's attempt at cheating was 3 blokes robbing a bank with their names printed on their balaclavas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there isn't much going on in the Cricket world at the moment but damn. Very slow news day.
Why don't we make something up and see how far it goes, something like, a friend of a friend is mates with the tea lady at the game where English cricketers admitted to selling the sandpaper to an unknown Sth African middle man.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

I don't believe a damn word. Bringing up that the umpires couldn't distinguish the ball from a normal ball was written by a lawyer, and all of it prepared years ago for a day like this.

You'd just say something on Twitter not a prepared statement from all four bowlers via CA.

Of course they knew, the bowlers probably ordered a ‘Davey Special’ and Warner thought it would be a great way to induct the new man into the squad.

Not the first time it’s happened, won’t be the last.

There is a set penalty for it in place from the ICC, every other country in the world has managed to cop the (minimal) ban and get on with it.

The entire thing got completely blown out of proportion by Australia’s (the country and then in an over reaction, CA) need to be the ‘good guys’ - so utterly driven by this righteous bullshit that actually leads the average mouth breather in the street to be ABSOLUTELY STUNNED that an AUSTRALIAN would ever CHEAT to gain an advantage. When caught red handed the (basically non-cricket) media in this country organised a public stoning and is still keen for some more blood.

Let it go now. Far Out.

The entire thing got completely blown out of proportion by Australia’s (the country and then in an over reaction, CA) need to be the ‘good guys’ - so utterly driven by this righteous bullshit that actually leads the average mouth breather in the street to be ABSOLUTELY STUNNED that an AUSTRALIAN would ever CHEAT to gain an advantage. When caught red handed the (basically non-cricket) media in this country organised a public stoning and is still keen for some more blood.

Let it go now. Far Out.

Well Australia's reputation is that we are supposed to be the good guys that play fair and never resort to cheating to gain advantage. So what if other countries do it ? Why do we have to lower ourselves to that level ?

The Australian cricketers are a bunch of tosspots that ruined the reputation of the country they represent purely for the selfishness of needing to win.

If it ever comes out that Cadel Evans doped that would be the sadest day ever.

The funny thing to me is ' how ******* obvious did they make it'.
The Poms Pakis etc done it for years under the radar. Major fu** up get over it.
To me Australia's attempt at cheating was 3 blokes robbing a bank with their names printed on their balaclavas.
Trescothick having lollies fall out of his pocket while fielding in 2005 was just as blatant.

Does it actually matter if the bowlers knew? if ours guys must have known then dale steyn would know when a serial ball tamperer like his skipper was doing it to aid him and others but its never mentioned when steyn is discussed.

flintoff simon jones ect would surely have known their team was tampering in 05 when they had the ball moving all over the shop wouldn't they? but all you ever see is praise for their bowling in that series not eyes raised at how it was achieved and how much they must have known.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t care who knew what and when. It’s finished. As far as I’m concerned the punishment meted out to Smith, Warner and Bancroft was out of all proportion to the crime. Sick of the holier than thou who spout, “I don’t care what other countries get away with, we should be beyond reproach”. What absolute humbug!

I don’t care who knew what and when. It’s finished. As far as I’m concerned the punishment meted out to Smith, Warner and Bancroft was out of all proportion to the crime. Sick of the holier than thou who spout, “I don’t care what other countries get away with, we should be beyond reproach”. What absolute humbug!

Do you think given the amount of vitriol we direct at say, other Olympic nations for doping, that when we do it it makes us look somewhat hypocritical?

it's just funny because the whole fuss is around Bancroft basically saying "bit obvious that other people knew" and Clarke then saying "yeah it was a bit obvious other people knew" and most of us saying "yeah thanks guys we knew that".

“If you are playing sport at the highest level you know your tools that good it’s not funny"

other than saying good instead of well....

he's got a point

Do you think given the amount of vitriol we direct at say, other Olympic nations for doping, that when we do it it makes us look somewhat hypocritical?
I don't understand who we is in this scenario?

Last edited:
Australia
Unless you're saying the Australian cricketers or Stax on the mill are the ones giving the vitriol to other nations who have doped I would think the vitriol has been the same? As it has been for Essendon, Cronulla, Shayna Jack, Stuart O'Grady.

The hypocrisy is surely in the reaction to different ball tampering incidents as opposed to comparing the reaction to doping as compared to ball tampering?

Unless you're saying the Australian cricketers or Stax on the mill are the ones giving the vitriol to other nations who have doped I would think the vitriol has been the same? As it has been for Essendon, Cronulla, Shayna Jack, Stuart O'Grady.

The hypocrisy is surely in the reaction to different ball tampering incidents as opposed to comparing the reaction to doping as compared to ball tampering?

the comparison is between what we believe is our correct come uppance in proportion to the finger pointing we like to do at others.

I actually despite not supporting the Aussie cricket team, liked the hard but fair mantra provided it didn’t turn into boorishness.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with accepting the normal sanctions handed down by the icc as they apply to any nation.
But nor do I think there is anything wrong with longer punishments handed out locally based on ‘this is OUR standard that we want to uphold, we will be subject to judgement of our own expectations not just what the iCC says.’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back