List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great footy brain Leppa, love listening to him. Interesting what he said about Blair/ Ralph Carr too.

Just on short term fixes watching the Freo, Doggies game on Sunday Mundy is still playing amazing football for an old bloke. Actually suits our game style and is a big body.
Coach/ player role 2022?? Rotating with Cotch and Meatball.

Option B or C, if we can’t get a Green/Taranto/ Hopper.
What did he mention about Blair/Ralph Carr?

Where Hawthorn went massively wrong is that they got rid of their culture/soul players and replaced them with players that didnt have a leadership bone in their body. Getting rid of Lewis, Hodge and Mitchell in the space of 2 years was just ridiculous. It would be like if we got rid of Cotch, Jack and Grimes/Houli all in the same year.

We can recruit blokes with one contract left, however these players would be the type of players that are here to do a job and we can't have it that we lose the leadership/culture makers all at the same time.
And made Ben Stratton captain :drunk:

RFC took a punt once upon a time recruiting a 27 yr old former brownlow medallist whod played about 130 games named Ian Stewart
we did only get about 3 valuable seasons out of him,but those seasons included a Premiership,a Brownlow and 3 GF's
Mitchell is almost identical in profile
tho hes hed be 28 by rd.1 2022,he missed a whole season,so bodys of a 27 yr old nad he'll of played roughly 20 more games than Stewart
had,just saying
i'm an old codger, mitchell is a great player and getting on a bit now, he cannot take a mark over his head anywhere near stewies capabilities plus stewie was pinpoint over 40-55 and handy on his opposite. mitchell not half as good as anything stewie could do...altho credit to mitch like all modern good players his quick hands are silk. no to mitchell please tigers.

His handballs are suddenly terrible as well. He also consistently mis reads the ball when it's on the deck. Definitely coming to the end the champ.
I was not going to post about houli mainly because i know him well personally and know a few of his family also but for people who are sying he has dropped off and not playing well and is now no longer the player he was.

Maybe just do a little research

merrett is a massive no from me...

He is still as scared of a contest like an U14 kid... DO NOT WANT
Said it a while ago and got howled down another of those name players I barely know was out there like Zac Williams was at gws, read same for Merrett . Sort of bloke you’d pay 750 for and make zero difference to teams performance

very talented,was tracking nicely @ 21,established in best 18 and playing finals, next thing hes at a sh*t club called Port,coached by an average
coach.
I know a few hawk supporters and you see the whites of their eyes the mention of his name and the lame QF finals performance v Richmond , think he was on 3G Macca

I was not going to post about houli mainly because i know him well personally and know a few of his family also but for people who are sying he has dropped off and not playing well and is now no longer the player he was.

You realise last season had shorter games, yeah?

Mundy would be for a packet of chips now, with no disrespect. Still a possible option but thats market reality surely and only the likes of RFC in pure contention would consider it with a possible role. Like Higgins and Smith for Geelong without the price tag

We were throwing him up as a possibility two or three years ago.

At his current age, its simply a hail mary, so the Luke Hodge scenario/part coach last scrape of the barrell is very much in the discussion with that scenario
Mundy??? WTF???

Mundy would be for a packet of chips now, with no disrespect. Still a possible option but thats market reality surely and only the likes of RFC in pure contention would consider it with a possible role. Like Higgins and Smith for Geelong without the price tag

We were throwing him up as a possibility two or three years ago.

At his current age, its simply a hail mary, so the Luke Hodge scenario/part coach last scrape of the barrell is very much in the discussion with that scenario
Considering Mundy is a disgusting proposition. Its a hard no from me. Yuk

tenor (36).gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t need to do research. Just use your eyes and watch the game. He’s playing ordinary scared football atm.

Lol as if they’d have 900k spare , weiderman may interest them

thats the point.

Who are they prepared to offload that clubs would take to free that up and who is CFC prepared to let go to keep him?

Someone said before the Pies where still looking at letting players go end of year. Just depends who I guess and on what terms. I imagine players would be eyeing RFC as a attractive destination place

RFC took a punt once upon a time recruiting a 27 yr old former brownlow medallist whod played about 130 games named Ian Stewart
we did only get about 3 valuable seasons out of him,but those seasons included a Premiership,a Brownlow and 3 GF's
The same club in the about the same era also took a punt on John Pitura. That ended well.

Besides, there was no salary cap or player limit when we got Ian Stewart. We didn’t have to sacrifice our first and/or second pick of the best two kids from recruitment zone either.

Tom Mitchell a massive NO from me.

What did he mention about Blair/Ralph Carr?
Leppa said that Blair Hartley is a Ralph Carr fan.!Gets the best for his players in contract negotiations but also gets the best out of the player ( to the benefit of the club). Said he’d been great for Dusty and now for Shai in helping them fill their potential. Chol also managed by Carr (I think that’s about it for AFL players).
Carr is a big fan of the football club but obviously doesn’t let that get in the way during negotiations. Will screw us out of every last cent for his clients

Leppa said that Blair Hartley is a Ralph Carr fan.!Gets the best for his players in contract negotiations but also gets the best out of the player ( to the benefit of the club). Said he’d been great for Dusty and now for Shai in helping them fill their potential. Chol also managed by Carr (I think that’s about it for AFL players).
Carr is a big fan of the football club but obviously doesn’t let that get in the way during negotiations. Will screw us out of every last cent for his clients
He manages Dan Rioli and Quinton Narkle too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back